AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 23 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not liking the sound of this new salary cap now tbh.

We are already seeing Cat 4 Life 'exploit' the system in creating 40 players, with his 22 being perfectly made to the point that he'll probably rarely lose a ruck contest and now looks like he'll maybe lose a match only due to severe lag.

Now the cap is going to be raised for the best 22 I expect a ridiculous amount of created teams to pop up and it will be impossible to win the ruck. Yes I could counter it by doing the same, but surely I'm not the only one out there that just enjoys the default teams and set ups? The problem with using that is I'm going to be at a severe disadvantage.

I also get that you can quit out when you see a custom or edited team...but in saying that if the no.1 XBL player is using a custom team and I for example wanted to beat that no.1 player then I would have to go up against them at the disadvantage.

I really hope it doesn't ruin online, but I can definitely see a plethora of custom teams popping up when people know or realise the exploits that can come into it. I liked it being balanced, but this could truly throw things off tilt in a massive way.:(

I'm happy to use default teams.. :confused: i give everyone the option in a private match to face me using a default team :cool:

I'm happy to use default teams.. :confused: i give everyone the option in a private match to face me using a default team :cool:
But it's just that, an option. Or you can use your super team because you feel like it. I just don't like the fact of douchebags getting on and creating their own super teams and demolishing me despite not actually being the better player, just having significantly better attributes where it matters in online games (hitouts, tackling, evading).

It's one of those things that if I beat someone with Richmond, generally it's because I've beaten them through skill, not an exploiting of attributes.

How often do you use your created team in ranked games?

But it's just that, an option. Or you can use your super team because you feel like it. I just don't like the fact of douchebags getting on and creating their own super teams and demolishing me despite not actually being the better player, just having significantly better attributes where it matters in online games (hitouts, tackling, evading).

It's one of those things that if I beat someone with Richmond, generally it's because I've beaten them through skill, not an exploiting of attributes.

How often do you use your created team in ranked games?

all the time, but if you were to vs me and want me to face you i would use anyone, gold coast even because i'm not worried about lack of skill in any factor of the game.

How's this for annoying...

10z4o0p.jpg

He had terrible lag, look at the hit out and tackle count

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I wish I even had a chance to get disconnected on my PS3 right now. :D

Can someone please clarify something for me.

Ross said included in the patch would be the raising of the salary cap to 6.5 million is this a mistake on ross behalf or a mistake in general ?

Because i just made a team from scratch all created players and my salary cap was 7 million so im not too sure what ross actually meant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross.. Badges? lol :D

And who ever it was who wanted to know how i would beat antony with a custom team.. I have made 40 created players..

19 Have minimum stats
21 Have stats perfectly tuned for each position, My ruck is 210cm tall with 95 ruck tap and ruck punch, All my midfielders have 90 plus pace, handball and tackle, my defence has high spoiling, tackling, pace, and kicking/ kicking distance. with my forwards having 90 plus marks and 90 plus set shots.

Ahhhhhhhhh that's awesome.

What's the name of the team? So if I see you online I know to leave the game lol.

Can someone please clarify something for me.

Ross said included in the patch would be the raising of the salary cap to 6.5 million is this a mistake on ross behalf or a mistake in general ?

Because i just made a team from scratch all created players and my salary cap was 7 million so im not too sure what ross actually meant.

Currently the cap is 7 million for all 40 players in the squad.

When the patch is released, you have 6.5 million for your starting 22.

I don't know how that is going to be implemented exactly.

Ross sorry if this has been answered before, but how is this game going sales wise?

Very well, but we could use more to get the next one made earlier :)

Not liking the sound of this new salary cap now tbh.

We are already seeing Cat 4 Life 'exploit' the system in creating 40 players, with his 22 being perfectly made to the point that he'll probably rarely lose a ruck contest and now looks like he'll maybe lose a match only due to severe lag.

Now the cap is going to be raised for the best 22 I expect a ridiculous amount of created teams to pop up and it will be impossible to win the ruck. Yes I could counter it by doing the same, but surely I'm not the only one out there that just enjoys the default teams and set ups? The problem with using that is I'm going to be at a severe disadvantage.

I also get that you can quit out when you see a custom or edited team...but in saying that if the no.1 XBL player is using a custom team and I for example wanted to beat that no.1 player then I would have to go up against them at the disadvantage.

I really hope it doesn't ruin online, but I can definitely see a plethora of custom teams popping up when people know or realise the exploits that can come into it. I liked it being balanced, but this could truly throw things off tilt in a massive way.:(

I would only play AFL teams, they will not vary too widely, Collingwood is $6.5 Million for the starting 22 already.

Its a real pity you guys picked it up now and now back years ago when EA were.

Game would be 100% more amazing than fifa by now.

I would only play AFL teams, they will not vary too widely, Collingwood is $6.5 Million for the starting 22 already.
I get that, but I also get too much the psyche of the average gamer (arguably the reason why you're having to patch in all these new quitting penalties). If there's room to exploit that salary cap, they will do it.

At a guess and without really testing it out myself, the very basic first things I would do to make sure my team is made almost unbeatable would be to max my ruckmans ruck stats and then make sure my mids are super quick as well as strong and can tackle and break tackles. Then I'd just max my spine with strong marking, spoiling, kicking for goal ability and basically that'd be it. Would minimise the other players pretty much to what I could and I reckon I'd be still under the cap by a fair bit.

It was something I saw a TON of in Top Spin 3's online universe. There was the option to use the regular players, or you could use your own created monsters that were maxed out in specific attributes to the point where it'd be a repetitive borefest.

I just hope that too many either don't catch on or it is still too hard to do something like that, but going by Cats 4 Life's side it sounds like it can be done now, let alone when that cap basically becomes the starting 22.

I get that, but I also get too much the psyche of the average gamer (arguably the reason why you're having to patch in all these new quitting penalties). If there's room to exploit that salary cap, they will do it.

At a guess and without really testing it out myself, the very basic first things I would do to make sure my team is made almost unbeatable would be to max my ruckmans ruck stats and then make sure my mids are super quick as well as strong and can tackle and break tackles. Then I'd just max my spine with strong marking, spoiling, kicking for goal ability and basically that'd be it. Would minimise the other players pretty much to what I could and I reckon I'd be still under the cap by a fair bit.

It was something I saw a TON of in Top Spin 3's online universe. There was the option to use the regular players, or you could use your own created monsters that were maxed out in specific attributes to the point where it'd be a repetitive borefest.

I just hope that too many either don't catch on or it is still too hard to do something like that, but going by Cats 4 Life's side it sounds like it can be done now, let alone when that cap basically becomes the starting 22.

Mate my team isn't that good though.. it's me who makes it good. not the players abilities..

Still haven't got my copy of the game, damn mail (london), so been playing some FIFA to sharpen my skills. So thought I'd play some online tonight. After reading all the complaints about online for AFL live I experienced the worst quitters ever on FIFA tonight! I won all 3 games, and all were exciting and close so no early quitters but all late quitters after I'd scored the winner. Not only that, my ranking points have not been updated and the scores got changed to advantage the quitters! Normally if I lost I'd get negative points but when I checked the points after these ppl quit they all got positive, sure it was low but it's not fair! I reckon if people quit a certain amount of games in a row they should get a certain amount of "silent time" where they can't play and negative points. A bit like a moderator in a chat room who bans ppl for flooding etc... I dunno maybe could make ppl stop quitting a bit more? Anyway thought it would be interesting to add this thoughts to the debate about online gaming.

Still haven't got my copy of the game, damn mail (london), so been playing some FIFA to sharpen my skills. So thought I'd play some online tonight. After reading all the complaints about online for AFL live I experienced the worst quitters ever on FIFA tonight! I won all 3 games, and all were exciting and close so no early quitters but all late quitters after I'd scored the winner. Not only that, my ranking points have not been updated and the scores got changed to advantage the quitters! Normally if I lost I'd get negative points but when I checked the points after these ppl quit they all got positive, sure it was low but it's not fair! I reckon if people quit a certain amount of games in a row they should get a certain amount of "silent time" where they can't play and negative points. A bit like a moderator in a chat room who bans ppl for flooding etc... I dunno maybe could make ppl stop quitting a bit more? Anyway thought it would be interesting to add this thoughts to the debate about online gaming.
i'm on the same boat
came home tonight expecting my copy to arrive at my doorstep (London as well) after the long weekend..but still no sign of it

i'm on the same boat
came home tonight expecting my copy to arrive at my doorstep (London as well) after the long weekend..but still no sign of it

hey Chop, where did you order from? I'm assuming with all the public holidays and stuff it should hopefully be here this week!! Arghhh getting annoyed now... lol :p

PS you getting it on xbox or PS3? I'm getting PS3 version add me if you like (when PSN is working of course lol).

My PSN= pheonix_83
Xbox= aussiephoenix83

Mate my team isn't that good though.. it's me who makes it good. not the players abilities..

One of the reasons I was very interested to see how Antony went was to see how a standard AFL team would go against what is a finely tuned team that had player positions planned well. I truly believe it was an even game between two players that are around about the same skill level.

I do understand the concern HBK but we do need to allow people to take their created and modified AFL teams online.

Wait for the patch and I think you will be OK with what we have done.

I share the same concerns as HBK. My concerns would be that Collingwood's cap is 6.5 mil, just the same, but Collingwoods forward pockets would have a decent strength and spoiling attributes, I would assume (and correct me if I'm wrong C4L) that C4L's forward pockets would have min spoiling attributes and heaps of speed and agility?

I just think that C4L's method of custom teaming, is robbing less important stats from specific types of players, just so others can be maxed out.

Sucks for someone like me who has little to no patience whatsoever with sliders and numbers to create my own players. I just wanna play the ****en game :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back