AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 23 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Chop, where did you order from? I'm assuming with all the public holidays and stuff it should hopefully be here this week!! Arghhh getting annoyed now... lol :p

PS you getting it on xbox or PS3? I'm getting PS3 version add me if you like (when PSN is working of course lol).

My PSN= pheonix_83
Xbox= aussiephoenix83

Well I'm waiting on two copied for me and my bro for xbox. We are in glasgow. As much as I like a good bank hol and time off work, I think this its what is making it take so long. Hope get them soon.
Edited to add ordered from jb hifi. Can't track them.

hey Chop, where did you order from? I'm assuming with all the public holidays and stuff it should hopefully be here this week!! Arghhh getting annoyed now... lol :p

PS you getting it on xbox or PS3? I'm getting PS3 version add me if you like (when PSN is working of course lol).

My PSN= pheonix_83
Xbox= aussiephoenix83

got mine from JB.. not many options around
[apparently the game was dispatched on 27 April so I guess I am a little optimistic]

getting it on ps3.. i can't even remember what my PSN is anymore.. will post it when i get on again

still waiting for my internet to be connected.. that's taking forever as well.. the wait for everything is getting beyond ridiculous

got mine from JB.. not many options around
[apparently the game was dispatched on 27 April so I guess I am a little optimistic]

getting it on ps3.. i can't even remember what my PSN is anymore.. will post it when i get on again

still waiting for my internet to be connected.. that's taking forever as well.. the wait for everything is getting beyond ridiculous

Well I got email on 19th saying it was shipped so hope get it soon. Say 2-4 weeks or in some cases can take 6.

Well I got email on 19th saying it was shipped so hope get it soon. Say 2-4 weeks or in some cases can take 6.

Got my email from JB on the 19th too and it arrived in New York yesterday so hopefully not too much longer for you.

Zane

So my opinion is that the gameplay is less different to AFL 2006.
I really like the idea of the homing tackle adds a great ease to what was a very difficult part to master in the older game.
What really bugs me is the season mode.
The thing i really liked about 2006 was the ability to do players up and make their stats better and having a draft and being able to trade players is what i really enjoyed. Also more than 1 season :\.
Hopefully they implement these in the next one, otherwise its a solid base.

So my opinion is that the gameplay is less different to AFL 2006.
I really like the idea of the homing tackle adds a great ease to what was a very difficult part to master in the older game.
What really bugs me is the season mode.
The thing i really liked about 2006 was the ability to do players up and make their stats better and having a draft and being able to trade players is what i really enjoyed. Also more than 1 season :\.
Hopefully they implement these in the next one, otherwise its a solid base.

lol - I think you need to fire up 2006 and check it out again :)

I'm on PSN so I don't have the patch yet but it appears that there has been an unforseen (in my eyes anyways) side-effect of increasing the cap.

I think the cap is fair as it is the same as Collingwood and it is needed as there are a lot of online fantasy leagues out there who were basically ruined before this patch was announced. This means I can now have my custom 'Fantasy Draft' team I made on the One Week At A Time forum.

Mitho, I'll admit my players are absolutely perfect for each position around the ground, but by halftime they are all nearly injured or out of stamina, and if you play right then you can beat them, you just have to keep within 20 or so points in the first half and you could easily make a comeback, But that being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Created Players being banned from online and only being used for offline and if you use a created team online it has to have proper AFL Players. Because when i win i don't want to be someone who wins for a great team, i want to win because i am generally good at the game. Also if my team is so good then why if everyone hating it? that'd be like richmond going to demetriou and saying collingwood is too good i hate that they abuse they're forward lines great marking abilities its so unfair!

Mitho, I'll admit my players are absolutely perfect for each position around the ground, but by halftime they are all nearly injured or out of stamina, and if you play right then you can beat them, you just have to keep within 20 or so points in the first half and you could easily make a comeback, But that being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Created Players being banned from online and only being used for offline and if you use a created team online it has to have proper AFL Players. Because when i win i don't want to be someone who wins for a great team, i want to win because i am generally good at the game. Also if my team is so good then why if everyone hating it? that'd be like richmond going to demetriou and saying collingwood is too good i hate that they abuse they're forward lines great marking abilities its so unfair!

You're playing within the rules so I'm not having a crack at you or hating on your team. Good on you for taking the time to do it.
I do like your "Only AFL listed players online" thing, but it wouldn't help, you could then go and modify each players stats.
There's no way around it for those of us that are too lazy to do it, or simply like playing with a listed team. I'm not overly fussed about losing either, I'd rather lose than win by 100+ points because I'm dominating. Domination does get a little boring after a while in video games

You're playing within the rules so I'm not having a crack at you or hating on your team. Good on you for taking the time to do it.
I do like your "Only AFL listed players online" thing, but it wouldn't help, you could then go and modify each players stats.
There's no way around it for those of us that are too lazy to do it, or simply like playing with a listed team. I'm not overly fussed about losing either, I'd rather lose than win by 100+ points because I'm dominating. Domination does get a little boring after a while in video games

maybe prevent AFL players stats from being lowered? that way if they put the stats up it will exceed the salary cap?

maybe prevent AFL players stats from being lowered? that way if they put the stats up it will exceed the salary cap?
That would work, but it removes some more of the replayability (eh?) so I'll just take the losses if/when they come and not worry too much about them. After all, if I wanted to, I could mod a team like yours, just CBF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** me, this is killing me. Had no PSN for my entire uni mid semester break, and now on the one day I have basically no assignments or anything to do I miss out as well. Can't play offline because it's way too easy, lacks longevity.

Well this is disappointing. I'm getting a freeze on my season now in round 18 with Richmond against Geelong (have had 2 ripper matches against them as well). I've simulated the AI and everything, problem is now too that I have it saved after that simulated AI event so I can't go back and try it without that to see if it works.

Looks like AFL Live will have to sit out until PSN is back.:(

And I agree with Mitho's concerns over my concerns :)p).
It's not that I'm 'hating' on your team Cats 4 Life, I just know that if someone can put together a 'perfect team for positions' now that with a raised salary cap there could be an even more perfect for positions team created.

I'll wait until I see the aftermath of the patch, but I really hope it doesn't become created team city after people realise what they can potentially do with their own custom team.

It's not that I'm 'hating' on your team Cats 4 Life, I just know that if someone can put together a 'perfect team for positions' now that with a raised salary cap there could be an even more perfect for positions team created.

I'll wait until I see the aftermath of the patch, but I really hope it doesn't become created team city after people realise what they can potentially do with their own custom team.

it was alway going to be the case and im suprised that bigant gave in and changed it for online. fair enough that you should be allowed to use created teams for seasons but i think online should just be the default AFL clubs vs each other.

Well this is disappointing. I'm getting a freeze on my season now in round 18 with Richmond against Geelong (have had 2 ripper matches against them as well). I've simulated the AI and everything, problem is now too that I have it saved after that simulated AI event so I can't go back and try it without that to see if it works.

it was alway going to be the case and im suprised that bigant gave in and changed it for online. fair enough that you should be allowed to use created teams for seasons but i think online should just be the default AFL clubs vs each other.

Wait for the patch.... it's not as simple as a $6.5Million cap.

The issue is the stats don't start at zero. For example, lets say the fastest player in the AFL runs a 10.5 hundred and the slowest a 16.0 hundred, then 16 - 10.5 = 4.5 seconds, this means each attribute point would be worth 0.045 seconds each, the difference between a score of 80 and a score of 90 would be 0.45 seconds accross a 100 metres. Each attribute is a relative difference to the worst player in the AFL, not zero, it takes a huge stat difference to be noticed more than skill (if ever that happens).

BTW Antony just had a rematch with Cat's freak team and won - so it's not that much of an advantage.

Wait for the patch.... it's not as simple as a $6.5Million cap.

The issue is the stats don't start at zero. For example, lets say the fastest player in the AFL runs a 10.5 hundred and the slowest a 16.0 hundred, then 16 - 10.5 = 4.5 seconds, this means each attribute point would be worth 0.045 seconds each, the difference between a score of 80 and a score of 90 would be 0.45 seconds accross a 100 metres. Each attribute is a relative difference to the worst player in the AFL, not zero, it takes a huge stat difference to be noticed more than skill (if ever that happens).

BTW Antony just had a rematch with Cat's freak team and won - so it's not that much of an advantage.

True that he smashed my uber team, and when i played as geelong i think i actually did better lol.

Don't understand - if you simulate the AI first then it continues every time we have tried it - what happened?

wouldn't mind playing you cat 4 life just so i can see how far away i am from competing with the bests. I haven't lost to many games online but don't get to play as much as i would like so its hard to tell just how good i actually am.

My downfall is my goal kicking on the run but not a lot you can do about that with how the game is and playing with port...

True that he smashed my uber team, and when i played as geelong i think i actually did better lol.

Yeah, Antony said that, you're Geelong effort was better.

your son sounds like a freak of nature though :D

it will be pretty interesting to see how it plans out weather it makes the stronger stronger or bridges the gap.

your son sounds like a freak of nature though :D

it will be pretty interesting to see how it plans out weather it makes the stronger stronger or bridges the gap.

There are adjustments in the patch to make the occurrence of freakish players and teams less likely.

The aim is to allow people to edit their AFL teams to reflect "reality", within reason, and play them online.
>

Antony plays a *lot* of FIFA and has been around games since he was born, bit of an unfair advantage really :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back