AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 23 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay is there someway to check your last couple of matchs for results? because for some reason when i came on today my winstreak of 49 was gone :confused: and now i've got my 4th forfeit. I haven't quit any games for ages and all the matchs lately i've been dominating in and the opposition quit.

the only thing i can think of is this is a bug, because right before i started playing online today i went to competitive training to see if i was ready to go online and keep winning, so i kicked 3 goals in the training exercise and thought yep i'm ready and quit the training game thing. but a warning came up when i quit, i didn't read it because i was eager to go online, sooo do you get a forfeit online for quitting competitive training?
maybe ross hacked it

hold your ground with left stick and press green triangle get in front of your opponent, if you hold R2 at same time as Green Triangle you wil spoil.

Funny I am finding markting easier that in previous 3 versions.

It is like Ruckwork all aout timing, although it seems easier than ruckwork.

Thanks...:thumbsu:

where do you check it

Can't remember off the top of my head. Is in the console setup screens. If you test your connection it will tell you.

Some games like Halo3 and BlackOps will show you on the online menu screen as well.

Just a Question for Ross or anyone else that may know....

When going for the season trophies, can you play 2 player co - op???
My son and I played the NAB cup on legend, 20 min quarters, extreme injuries, and we won the final but didn't get the trophy....
We were shattered!!!
Just want to know before we start it all again. Or I'll have to fly solo and maybe play a quarter each (not as much fun).

Thanks

Bit of a random question.

I played my copy of AFL on my brothers xbox360 last night.

Ran faster, and with less fan noise on his than it runs on mine.

We're both fully updated, my xbox is MUCH newer (in fact still under warranty), his is maybe 4 years old mine is less than 1 year old.

Any ideas?

PS this doesnt happen with any other games.

thought i would chuck in my comments on the game.
mostly been playing the season mode so far, loving everything accept for a couple of issues.
injuries - seem to go 5 games without getting one, then suddenly get 6 or 7 in a quarter. far too unrealistic
form - players stay out of form even if they are getting 20 touches and 5 goals a game
positioning - luke hodge should not go doen to a rating of 74 just because i move him to centre. same thing with ruckmen playing out of a forward pocket.
Aside from this though, great game.

Just a Question for Ross or anyone else that may know....

When going for the season trophies, can you play 2 player co - op???
My son and I played the NAB cup on legend, 20 min quarters, extreme injuries, and we won the final but didn't get the trophy....
We were shattered!!!
Just want to know before we start it all again. Or I'll have to fly solo and maybe play a quarter each (not as much fun).

Thanks

Sadly we can't do it as we'd have to give multiple trophies out, it give one to each player and we don't know the other players sign in.

Bit of a random question.

I played my copy of AFL on my brothers xbox360 last night.

Ran faster, and with less fan noise on his than it runs on mine.

We're both fully updated, my xbox is MUCH newer (in fact still under warranty), his is maybe 4 years old mine is less than 1 year old.

Any ideas?

PS this doesnt happen with any other games.

Pretty wierd. MS test for this kind of stuff and didn't find an issue accross their matrix of machines. (It's onr the things that would get you kicked - would really be interesting to see how you go online if your machine is faster! )

We certainly have no control over fan or clock speed.

thought i would chuck in my comments on the game.
mostly been playing the season mode so far, loving everything accept for a couple of issues.
injuries - seem to go 5 games without getting one, then suddenly get 6 or 7 in a quarter. far too unrealistic
form - players stay out of form even if they are getting 20 touches and 5 goals a game
positioning - luke hodge should not go doen to a rating of 74 just because i move him to centre. same thing with ruckmen playing out of a forward pocket.
Aside from this though, great game.

Injuries will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

There are some gameplay balancing decisions made so players are not good all over the field. I am happy to revisit this and do read the threads here relating to people's tweaks of the game in that regard.

There are some gameplay balancing decisions made so players are not good all over the field. I am happy to revisit this and do read the threads here relating to people's tweaks of the game in that regard.

Could you elaborate on this more Ross?

Also... is there a reason why Rover, Ruck Rover and Center all have different ratings when they are pretty much just midfield positions?

GREAT GAMEE!!! but i wish the psn was working DAMN IIT, but anyway why is it that there is no flooding in the game. Tryed looking at the team tactics but not there so there is a little unrealistic part off the game. Also when i get tackled or lay a tackle and the ball spills out in space, me and the AI take a while to get up and I still manage to get the ball without changing players and got a bit of a time b4 the next lot of players, the AI. And i have to say there are alot of tackles, and i can see quite a few bugs in this game which i know are getting fixed in the patch. But other than that i am really enjoying this !!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still don't know if I should get this, sounds like this game has the same tackling issues that plaqued the 05/06/07 versions. Same with the AI hardly ever missing shots on goal.

Jumped from Amateur to Legend difficulty today, guess I must be doing something right. :) Still getting tackled a lot but I've found ways to deal with it.

Really? AI miss a looot more than I thought they would.

Yeah not sure what Janks angle is? Older games were Tap out of centre kick to forward line then goal. This would be the first AFL game I've played that is tackle heavy and has lots of stoppages.

Still don't know if I should get this, sounds like this game has the same tackling issues that plaqued the 05/06/07 versions. Same with the AI hardly ever missing shots on goal.

This is becoming a bit stupid now. It completely comes down to your skill and ability to find space and create space as to how many tackles are in a game.

Was a lot when I started, but now my favourite thing to do in the game is little handballs and kicks in congestion to open up space and hit up a target. Big hint is that you don't always need to hold L2/LT (lock on) before kicking.....If you see a free guy on screen or on the radar (learn to use the radar - very important) then just aim at him with the left stick and power the kick as normal.

Another hint (not tackle related) is stab passing (holding R2/RT), especially out of defence, just make sure not to stab pass over the opponent on the mark as he will smother it 9 times out of 10.

Biggest hint though, is probably bumping. I never used to use it until a week or so ago and now I always use it, even when the opponent has the ball I still bump instead of tackle sometimes as they can drop the ball. Very handy if your running right next to an opponent while chasing the ball, bump him and he will stumble a bit, normally giving you a meter or 2 lead on him when you start to chase the ball again....even better if while you bump the guy running next to you, a teammate comes through and gets the ball instead. To bump, make sure to hold the stick toward your opponent for a second or 2 as I find just flicking the right stick doesn't work sometimes. Make sure your actually close enough to bump as well, obviously.

While I'm in the hint giving mood, I notice some people are having trouble identifying who has picked up the ball if they are running over the ball very close to an opponent. Simple and effective way around this - Hold the homing button (Y/Triangle) to home in on the ball, as you should have been doing anyway, but instead of letting go of the button to hit the handpass button once you think you have the ball, continue holding the homing button whilst using the lower part of your thumb to hit the handball button at the same time. This will allow for all 3 outcomes; 1. The opponent picks up the ball and you tackle them because you are still holding the homing/tackle button (Y/Triangle). 2. You pick up the ball and automatically shrug an opponent's tackle because you are still holding the shrug/homing/tackle button (Y/Triangle). 3. You pick up the ball and get a handball away because you are tapping handball while still holding the shrug/tackle/homeing button. Unstoppable when used with the bump as I explained before.

Hope any of that might help someone out there :). The games I've been having over the past week or 2 are looking and feeling very realistic now that I'm fairly experienced at the game. I use the default camera (side balanced) and it's great so long as you can use the radar (which isn't hard once you figure out what colour dots you are). Couldn't imagine using end to end but each to his own I suppose.

Anyway, I seriously believe people complaining about too many tackles just haven't learnt the game yet. As I said, tackles are perfect in my matches now (on legend as well) and I'm pretty sure I'm playing the exact same game as you guys are ;) ...Practice, practice, PRACTICE!

What's up with Goal kicking on Legend.. I keep finishing matches with scores like 3 goals 18 behinds, every other difficulty I can kick straight on. :mad:

The learning curve isn't the problem with this game for new players, it's the controller configeration.
This is how i would set it up for PS3-

cross = kick
square = handball
circle = shot at goal
triangle = tap-stab pass, hold-torpedo

Left stick = move
L3 = reciever lock (that way it's all performed with one button)
Right stick = tap / bump
R3 = punch / spoil (that way you can use direction with same button)

L1 = banana / speccie (not implemented yet)
L2 = switch
R1 = mark / tackle
R2 = sprint

This way or similar could avoid having to press two buttons together all the time and avoid RSI city. It also may make the game more responsive and could make the tackling issue a non-issue

Any chance the controller issue can be fixed in an upcoming patch, ross?

The learning curve isn't the problem with this game for new players, it's the controller configeration.
This is how i would set it up for PS3-

cross = kick
square = handball
circle = shot at goal
triangle = tap-stab pass, hold-torpedo

Left stick = move
L3 = reciever lock (that way it's all performed with one button)
Right stick = tap / bump
R3 = punch / spoil (that way you can use direction with same button)

L1 = banana / speccie (not implemented yet)
L2 = switch
R1 = mark / tackle
R2 = sprint

This way or similar could avoid having to press two buttons together all the time and avoid RSI city. It also may make the game more responsive and could make the tackling issue a non-issue

Any chance the controller issue can be fixed in an upcoming patch, ross?

Hopefully it stays that way too. Please....don't implement a speccie button Ross.

Not a bad layout though, but I like it the way it is personally.

Agree with someone earlier about the form level of players. Seems to stay down when it's down (that's what she said) no matter how well the player plays (ie. Hale and Renouf have been killing in the ruck and kicking goals regularly but both have been down on form for weeks now according to the arrows). Have noticed a player's form get better before, but not often.

Any light you can shed on this Ross?

No way, imo that would become really painful and uncomfortable holding in the left stick while also moving it to run.

There doesn't need to be a specky button either, otherwise we'd have the same situation as the past games where every second grab would be one

Yeah a specky button would suck, people would just abuse the shit out of that. I like how they just come out of nowhere.

There is no need to change the buttons anyway, it is a lot to take in once you are learning the game but now I have no problems with the button config at all.

Just lost my first game in a long while against the AI in my season.

Hawks (me) vs Swans in Sydney in the rain. Swans completely replicated their true to life style where they just shut you down by creating congestion in the middle, applying pressure and tackling like crazy (more tackling than my normal games). Completely took away my ability to create any space by hand or foot. As such, it was a very low scoring game and I lost by 11 points after they slotted one through post-final siren :rolleyes:

Was a great game and I really enjoyed it :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back