AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know something. I've never used the sub. Probably because I've been playing online for the majority. I basically pick my side of 21 and whomever is 22 is inconsequential.

Also, on a different matter, anyone tried turning commentary and music right down to 0? Makes the game a million times better (although would prefer if there was a separate volume adjuster for team songs, as turning off menu music also means team songs are muted). :thumbsu:

As bad as the commentary is, I really can't imagine the game with out it. Commetti sucks in RL too and BT's special comments are just that, special. Really hope BigAnt does their own voice overs next time around as the rest of the game is quality.

Is the stream game badge bugged? As in the one to play 1 game a day for 7 consecutive games and the play a game a week for a month..Ive gone through the leader board and picked some random as well as the top tier players and none of them seem to have it?

Is the stream game badge bugged? As in the one to play 1 game a day for 7 consecutive games and the play a game a week for a month..Ive gone through the leader board and picked some random as well as the top tier players and none of them seem to have it?
It's possible, I'd say I would've gone close to if not actually got it by now yet nothing has shown up (definitely the every week for a month one at least).

I know that the 'Chameleon - Play as every AFL team' badge is bugged. I have only played with the 2 teams online (Richmond and Sydney) but got it, I'm guessing it just unlocked after I played against every team.

Yeah I got mine when I played Sydney after the patch came out lol, thats how long it took for someone to play as Sydney, but that one is definitely either worded wrong or bugged. But I swear upon release I would have played a game a day atleast.

I start playing and notice he has ... Sandilands, Ablett, Franklin, Judd all in this team and there just naming a few. Why can this take place in this game?

That's an excellent question and I'd love to know if anyone from BigAnt has mentioned why this is able to take place? It's obviously a clear design choice and I'd love to hear the reasoning behind it.
I'm assuming it's on the radar to be changed for the next patch, but seen as though Sony likes to takes it's time with approval that could be a while.

People should just not be allowed to use custom teams online. Period. It cheapens it imo, do other sports games allow it? I know madden doesn't, it doesn't even let you use out of date rosters.
Not that expect BA to update rosters, but custom teams/edited teams are BS. I played a Geelong with a midfield of Judd, Ablett etc., FWD line of Goodes, Pavlich, J. Brown, Chapman and his back line was shit. But because his midfield was so good and his FWD line all he had to do was clear it and i was shot. I hung in there because i won the odd mid clearance and walked through his back line, but when people win every tap out because they jack their ruckmans stats there's not much you can do, tactics only help so much (especially coz you can't pause so by the time you sort out tactics, they've kicked a kick and that creates momentum).

Anyway, as i understand it, and if they follow the survey on Facebook, custom teams will be banned form online play-hopefully that includes edited "real" teams as well.

Unfortunately it looks like stats may be reset as well. Which may kill the online crowd. It could also bring a whole lot more people online though... bit of a risk for mine but we will see.

Im pretty sure i have played the same guy cant remember his team name but did he have a custom team with justin koSHITski as the ruckman.

Just a note mate Kosi smashed jolly in the grand final second half.

A bounce of the ball and we win. We were the better team you won on luck dont be so arrogant.

Actually an interesting point, I had assumed custom sides meant edited sides too, there's a lot more edited sides than custom and that's the biggest problem, hopefully just default teams allowed, could you clarify ross

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im not sure if i like the patch or not the whole physics of the game seems to have changed...

I agree after reading what the PS3 users had to say i expected change but this is quite a difference but give it time it shall become routine i guess :thumbsu:

Just put him to the sword by 9 points.:thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Was a tough slog, got behind a few times but pushed hard to comeback and in the end when the pressure was on, I came up trumps.

PSN was aflproer just so you can look to avoid him online.:thumbsu:

LOL, he's now invited me to a private game...no doubt to try and prove he is better.:p

Got matched up with this guy a fair bit tonight. Just backed out each time, I hope it annoyed the hell out of him too :cool:

Yep I played him today, comfortable win in the end by about 3 goals. :)

im not sure if i like the patch or not the whole physics of the game seems to have changed...
Physics haven't changed...

There's differences to the game, but you'll adjust quickly enough.

The main differences to note for me anyway were the speed of the faster players and the spoiling. Nothing else has really differed enough to notice all that much.

Physics haven't changed...

There's differences to the game, but you'll adjust quickly enough.

The main differences to note for me anyway were the speed of the faster players and the spoiling. Nothing else has really differed enough to notice all that much.

maybe its the speed difference im noticing since i use port now there probably feel a lot slower

maybe its the speed difference im noticing since i use port now there probably feel a lot slower

I played with Port pre patch and the difference is slight, but you can notice Pearce and Davenport have some leg on them now i had pearcey out run rawlings along the wing now

I played with Port pre patch and the difference is slight, but you can notice Pearce and Davenport have some leg on them now i had pearcey out run rawlings along the wing now

To be fair, Rawlings probably tripped over his own nose.

Played my first game Post Patch and I have to say it's brilliant. I don't know what the problem is. I versed some loser who created a 4 and a half Essendon side with Ablett Rischitelli and Rioil and i beat him by 10 goals. I know it was one game but i seem better than pre patch. I used a regular West Coast side:). Good to see Jack Darling in the game :p

Don't think so, gameplay however is much better. Free flowing and no more tackle after tackle. Have had 1 bullshit custom team and versed freo with sandi dominating out of 19 games post patch. Also versed someone who had a custom team of 92 94 and 06 eagles premiership teams. Amazing, I spent half the game looking at their names. Worsfold, Judd,Cousins, Mainy, Sumich, Matera, Jakovich ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back