AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Had my toughest game against Geelong. I was stuffing around in the first half, trying different things (while also playing in the rain), wound up 7 goals down at quarter time and 59 points down at half time. I clawed my way back in the third quarter and the lead was cut to 25 points by the end, would have been much closer had i have kicked accurately /9sprayed shots left and right, even when i tried to kick off the ground, it would roll on to the goal post). Didn't think i was able to get anywhere as whenever i made a run forward and scored, Geelong bounced back with a quick reply. I managed to string 2 goals together and had a glimmer of hope. With just over 10 minutes remaining on the clock, i kicked the next 2 goals to only have 1 kick in it. Geelong then decides to play keepings off, erasing time on the clock in the process. I get possession of the ball from half back flank, kick it down the wing, run on to the ball and kick it towards my forward line. Get the mark, on a bit of an angle... take the kick and spray it :thumbsdown:. Resigned to the fact that i was going to lose, i wanted to get the match over with...... only for the kick in by Geelong to go awry. It was kicked to empty space on the 50m line, which a spare Hawthorn player was able to mark it. This time i made no mistake, drilled it home through the middle. The siren went just after the ball was thrown up in the air to restart play. Got out of jail there, but even if i lost... it would not have mattered, since i had not lost so far this season.

Oh and Franklin got 100 goals for the season the previous round (occurred in round 15 iirc).

On topic, i'd love a sequel. It is fun in small doses, even when i tire of it.... it becomes enjoyable again after a break of a few months - much like fifa, madden, nba 2k.

Anyone who can't be bothered listening to the audio, here's an excerpt from Jasper Pittard's pre-season diary:

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-01-15/jaspers-diary

'In the afternoon the entire playing group had to take part in a special photo session for this season’s upcoming XBOX and Playstation AFL game. The way they put these games together is quite extraordinary. Each player presents topless for an individual photo session where they take 14 photos from different angles of players in various poses. Then in post-production they photoshop guernseys onto the bodies and somehow merge all the still images together and apply them to 1800 different football manoeuvres involving tackling, marking, kicking, handballing, bouncing etc. which are previously filmed with other actors. So it was a very interesting way to complete our day at the club.'

Hkr0L.jpg

I was so close :mad:, had my chances in the third and fourth quarter. They were pretty good defensively in the fourth, it's like they woke up after being asleep in the third. Other than the missed shots at goal, i marked it on the 50m line with less than 30 seconds remaining. Siren sounded, went for the torpedo to win the game...... it was punched away (no score at all!!!) on the goal line.

The problem with BigAntStudios is that they are too tight lipped.
Stop hiding everything from us (your fans) and let us see the content you are working on so we can make suggestions and blow our money into pre-orders.

If you leave everything to the last second and release the game then your sales impact isn't going to be as much as it would be if you go ahead and let us donate to the game, give pre-orders, let us leave a suggestion, release teaser trailers. etc.

EA have a new teaser trailer for the new SimCity every 2 weeks, that's how you should be doing it! Show us what you're working on because as the fans all we can do is help.

The problem with BigAntStudios is that they are too tight lipped.
Stop hiding everything from us (your fans) and let us see the content you are working on so we can make suggestions and blow our money into pre-orders.

If you leave everything to the last second and release the game then your sales impact isn't going to be as much as it would be if you go ahead and let us donate to the game, give pre-orders, let us leave a suggestion, release teaser trailers. etc.

EA have a new teaser trailer for the new SimCity every 2 weeks, that's how you should be doing it! Show us what you're working on because as the fans all we can do is help.
Simply put, it's not up to the developer to show anything. That's the publishers duty.

And really, there's not a huge amount they can show through trailers. Sports games just don't need to do that because you know what's going to be shown. Unless you have huge new gameplay inclusions and can show them off in the trailer. What else can be shown? Here's a guy kicking the footy, here's a guy tackling, here's a guy handballing, here's a guy marking. How many times can you show that?

The game would also have to be at a certain level to be shown off. Publishers and developers making AAA blockbuster games can spend millions on polishing a very specific aspect of a game just for trailer showing off (go listen/read to how Bioshock Infinite's trailers have been worked on specifically to show them off in a certain light and certain level of polish - while the rest of the game wasn't). Budget devs can't do that.

I don't agree with how TruBlu do it leaving it until the absolute last minute to tell anyone anything and constantly going on media blackouts. But I can understand at least why they don't throw this stuff all around the place every 2nd week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta play your first half like you play your second, 9.3 to 0.1.

As i said in one of my previous game recaps, i pretty much don't try as hard as normally would (such as my first game last week, in which i was blitzing Carlton by 49 points, without "trying"). I have let Geelong, Port Adelaide and the GCS score a bit before i swing into gear. As i have said i tend to struggle with some AI teams on occasion - Western Bulldogs constantly make it hard to score, Fremantle, North Melbourne are other tough teams. Whereas when i originally first started playing the game Collingwood and Geelong were far too strong..... after my first season i got the hang of playing the game, and i've been able to smash them the majority of games after.

The Gold Coast game was a funny one, when i scored, i usually did it with ease.... from the center bounce clearance, would get it to the forward line quick smart and then goal. Reminded me a lot of Aussie Rules Footy and being able to score every 13 seconds :D.However if the GCS won the center clearance it would take an eternity for me to get possession of the ball. And it was hilarious that i was able to not get a rushed behind or fluff up an attempted shot at goal until the third quarter. My last 3 games i'd score 20+ behinds easily.

The Gold Coast game was a funny one, when i scored, i usually did it with ease.... from the center bounce clearance, would get it to the forward line quick smart and then goal. Reminded me a lot of Aussie Rules Footy and being able to score every 13 seconds :D.However if the GCS won the center clearance it would take an eternity for me to get possession of the ball. And it was hilarious that i was able to not get a rushed behind or fluff up an attempted shot at goal until the third quarter. My last 3 games i'd score 20+ behinds easily.

I know I'm on my Pat Malone when I say this but hands down the AI team that gives me a scare almost every time is GC. I have no idea why. Possibly b/c I relax more against them more than others.

I know I'm on my Pat Malone when I say this but hands down the AI team that gives me a scare almost every time is GC. I have no idea why. Possibly b/c I relax more against them more than others.
Could be relaxing too much, but sometimes the AI just really comes to play once in a while. I've had times where one game i'll flog Collingwood or Geelong by 100, then next game fight tooth and nail to crawl over the line against someone like Bulldogs or Melbourne.

They better have a better soundtrack for the next game because **** me that "Favourite Son" song is appalling

Just need an option to turn off menu music without turning off all music. Hate losing the club songs and the national anthem (it's seriously eerie).

Haven't played in a few weeks now but may jump online by the end of the week. Hopefully some more of the regulars will be getting back into it as well.

They better have a better soundtrack for the next game because **** me that "Favourite Son" song is appalling
It really does get worse every time you hear it. Which is pretty bad by the 1000th time you play the game.

Anyone who can't be bothered listening to the audio, here's an excerpt from Jasper Pittard's pre-season diary:

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-01-15/jaspers-diary

'In the afternoon the entire playing group had to take part in a special photo session for this season’s upcoming XBOX and Playstation AFL game. The way they put these games together is quite extraordinary. Each player presents topless for an individual photo session where they take 14 photos from different angles of players in various poses. Then in post-production they photoshop guernseys onto the bodies and somehow merge all the still images together and apply them to 1800 different football manoeuvres involving tackling, marking, kicking, handballing, bouncing etc. which are previously filmed with other actors. So it was a very interesting way to complete our day at the club.'

If they are going onto visuals they must have the engine and other features done right??

It would be interesting to hear how far in they are with the game.

If they are going onto visuals they must have the engine and other features done right??

It would be interesting to hear how far in they are with the game.

I thought the game engine was pretty much the same as 2011 but now they can work on the bells and whistles (apologies if ignorant about game engines :p).

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Back