AFL Live 2012/13 Wishlist Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

At the moment, I would just be happy if they released new DLC with all the new squad updates (with GWS and the 2012 fixture; if there isnt an AFL Live 2012 being released)
However, if it is going to be released, I wouldnt even care if its released in September. Luckily, living here in Darwin, when the AFL season is off, I can follow the NTFL. But for people down south, and even us footy fanatics here, AFL Live is the closest there is to footy in the summer. Something to give us our footy fix until the NAB Cup starts.
Anyways, staying on topic for the wishlist. I believe Big Ant should use the Career system used by Wicked Witch in the Wii/Iphone game. It's pretty basic but still more entertaining than having to start a new season with the exact same fixtures. Handling contracts, finances, staff, trainings gives you a real feeling of an AFL coach, but in saying that, I would even be happy if they used the Career system from AFL 2007 (just the trading, delisting and drafting random AI) Please, please release something for this year.

Be a draftee mode like the 2k games would be sick, would be better aswell if you had the choice of beingdraftee from last years draft instead of making it you have to be your own player like you have to on 2K

Trading should implement the compensation picks and they should be fair... don't want to give up Cotchin for like 1 mid 2nd round pick and an end of 2nd round pick.

They should have a mock draft right before the national, pre-season and rookie draft and right before the draft you have the option to look at some player's stats depending on what level your scout is. Like if you've got a low level scout you'd get about 50 candidates' stats but if you've got a high level scout you can see over 100 stats in order of best to worst and you'll see some comments like 'had an up and down season', 'an extraordinary left footer', 'great accumulator of the ball', 'star in the making' etc...

Lolzas AFL could really step itself into the big wide market and do something that no other sports game has ever done before....
MAKE BABIES WITH YOUR STAR.
so here's the concept. for example you're the next generation chris judd and you've just married some girl and decide to have kids. if you get a girl then you can either get another child or just retire as you'll need more money and leave it be or turn her into a WAFL player. if you're lucky and get a boy then you can train him to become an AFL star and it would be easier to just go under the father-son rule if the player has played 100 games for a club.
after you retire you'll then switch to become the child and you'll play in the under 8s, under 10s, under 18s then into the draft or if he's unlucky then the VFL and make a name for himself then become a mature age player.
and if you get bored of the under 8s or something then you can skip to a specific year like you can go from under 8s to under 18s.

just an idea... probably be too hard to create such a feature and mode.

ive been saying this before the game even came out just because its something that could very easilly be fixed and would make the game alot more realistic and that is socks up/sock down. also SPEED!!!! players like daniel wells or gary rohan should be able to burn off most players with ease just like the do in real life. ive noticed that even ruckmen can easilly chase down midfielders, its far too even in that way

has anyone heard any news about an afl '12 in production?
a career mode and proper stats are a must! has anyone played afl gold edition on ipod? if they just made that into a ps3 game i would be happy

Pick better lines to run.

They DID increase players speed in the patch.

patch? i never heard anything about a patch. i havnt played the game for about 6 months though so yeah, but still. ive never been alerted about a patch. they game should automatically tell me when a patch is available?

patch? i never heard anything about a patch. i havnt played the game for about 6 months though so yeah, but still. ive never been alerted about a patch. they game should automatically tell me when a patch is available?

As with all games, if there is an update available you will be prompted to download it when you start the game, otherwise you will be kicked off Xbox Live and have to play offline.

Love reading some of the suggestions here, some good some maybe unrelistic at this stage.

Someone else suggesed this, as it appears from what I am reading although I do notice Big Ant or no one replies to posts about will there be a 2012 version, if not a stats update and updated team lists for this season and adding GWS would I say keep most of us happy till a new version came out.

If memory serves me right, another AFL desginer company did this, could of been EA,

I gather Big Ant is caught up getting their Cricket game out, hmm, is it me or the release of their games slow, AFL took 2 plus years, Cricket no sign and Cricket season is over almost, hmm, maybe the AFL out of their TV broadcast money they could supply Big ANt with some funds, afterall this game does help promote the game.

I think it would be awesome to have a Afl game, that had a really complex managment game, that you could coach from the side line aswelll as pllay if you want to.

Also deffinetly need Career mode in the next version, But only put in a trading system if it is not going to stuff up the game with big trades EG: sandiland and cox go to kangaroos,
Big ant need to make a trading system that works well and will keep people playing for a long time.

I also think a be a pro would be awesome, maybe not in this version but maybe in a couple more.

And more stadiums, better commentary, more updates to the game, and thee main one even fix up the player edditing especially with speed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I may have suggested this a while ago in the normal AFL Live thread, but I thought I'd bring it up here.

I'm proposing a new set shots system for two main reasons. First of all, the current one is far too easy, particularly when set shots are one of the hard aspects of our game (as in, you can never truly master them in real life, but it was all to easy to do so in the game). My second reason is because BigAnt have always said that they want to create a realistic experience. Three sports titles I can think of use the Analog sticks to make a game more realistic: Tiger Woods Franchise, Grand Slam Tennis 2, and Cricket 2007. Real life actions were mimicked with the sticks, and that's what I think can be done in the next iteration of the AFL game.

I think the best way I can explain it is to break down what would happen in the game:
  • Mark is taken within set-shot range.
  • Press button to change to the camera view behind the player.
  • Look at wind indicator and use the left analog stick to make any possible aim adjustments / Kick to a team mate.
  • If deciding to take a set shot, press button to begin the set shot.
  • Push forward on the left analog stick to begin the player's run up.
  • A vertical meter with an indicator will slowly climb (from red zone, to yellow to green).
  • The aim is to kick the ball when in the green zone.
  • Kicking is started by pulling back on the right analog stick, then pushing forward (whilst still running in with the left analog stick).
  • Ball is kicked.
Power is not considered here, only accuracy. Optimum accuracy is obtained when the "run up" meter is in the green zone, and the kicking action on the right analog stick is straight and fluid. A perfect kick will be dead straight (barring wind) and will easily clear the goals (unless the kick taker has low shot power, in which case the ball will travel as far as possible).

The better a player's set shot accuracy, the bigger the "run up" green zone is, and the more room for error with the kicking action on the right stick.

Not kicking when in the "run up" green zone will result in lost accuracy and/or power, and likewise for mistakes in the kicking action on the right stick. Small mistakes will cause a fade/hook, whilst bigger mistakes will be complete shanks and/or will cause the ball to drop short.

I believe this will provide enough difficulty that it will take a little while for anyone to become extremely proficient at this. Also, because of the large amount of possible human error involved, it should be almost impossible to master, and will allow more realistic scorelines (in terms of accuracy).

The only major doubt I have with this is BigAnt's reluctance to include meters of any kind, however the "run-up" meter could be an optional thing for offline play, and barred from use online. Having said that, it is only one extra meter in the whole game, which can't really hurt that much, especially since the level of realism added to the game because of this system will outweigh the amount of "gamey-ness" that is brought upon by the use of the meter.

I think I explained this pretty well, considering it is quite late and it's difficult to properly convey something like this in writing.

Thoughts? Questions? Improvements?

Great idea Stranhany, the best crcket game was easily EA cricket 07

Made me think of a point, what if how well the player picked up the wind for set shots was a variable, so it would be more accurate the more experience at set shots the player has, so a Johnny Butcher would be different toa Johnno Brown who then again would be different to a Glass

Great idea Stranhany, the best crcket game was easily EA cricket 07

Made me think of a point, what if how well the player picked up the wind for set shots was a variable, so it would be more accurate the more experience at set shots the player has, so a Johnny Butcher would be different toa Johnno Brown who then again would be different to a Glass

That'd be a good addition, but it could be hard to implement because there wouldn't be too many players who are terrible at reading the wind. Maybe an incorrect "reading" of between 1-4km/h, depending on stats? I feel that any more may be too much.

That'd be a good addition, but it could be hard to implement because there wouldn't be too many players who are terrible at reading the wind. Maybe an incorrect "reading" of between 1-4km/h, depending on stats? I feel that any more may be too much.

Yer 1-5km i reckon

also it would change depending if its a clutch shot would be good too, kind of like how in the 2k games the free throw difficulty changes

Yer 1-5km i reckon

also it would change depending if its a clutch shot would be good too, kind of like how in the 2k games the free throw difficulty changes

Ahh yes, definitely. Decrease the green zone on the "run up" meter and/or provide less room for error with the kicking action, depending on clutch stats. Maybe the very best clutch players could even be positively affected in tight situations?

It's ok BigAnt, you can use our great ideas for free. :rolleyes:

In addition to the all important socks up/down in the next version...

When pressing the button to go to set shot mode, the L2 button should make the player pick some grass up to throw and show the wind. While the R2 button will toggle socks up/down.

Just like the man on the mark can throw his arm and jump to put the kicker off, the kick taker should be able to join in the fun for some small animations :)

Another thing cool to add (but not a necessity) is player celebrations cut scenes. Not as advanced as the FIFA 11 where you could move the player around, just keep it simple.
Maybe a few different scenes could be made after a player scores after the goal umpire has signaled his goal:
1. Fist pump or a point to the crowd
2. Run along the fence pumping up the crowd (for goals scored in open play up close)
2. High 5's with other team mates
3. Pats on the head for a new or young player
4. Group hug/stacks on for a winning goal after the siren.

Small things like that would add to the experience of the game.

I still have fun with Fifa and scoring just so I can try different celebrations. The novelty hasn't worn off yet.

Ahh yes, definitely. Decrease the green zone on the "run up" meter and/or provide less room for error with the kicking action, depending on clutch stats. Maybe the very best clutch players could even be positively affected in tight situations?

Riewoldt's stats would drop considerably in clutch situations i'd imagine. :p

Regarding the wind, i'd actually just like to see wind have a realistic effect on the ball's flight. At the moment the ball goes in a straight line that takes into account the kicking leg and wind, although wind seems to have very minimal effect.

30kmh seems to be about the max for wind, so speeds like that should affect the ball hugely. If the wind is blowing directly to your goals, from the pockets you should be able to sit the ball out into the wind and let the wind take it through, much like a banana but in drop punt form.

And on the flip side, if the wind is blowing directly out from your goals, it should be near impossible to slot one from the pocket with a drop punt.

Anyone who's played the mini games on AFL Live 2004/PE will know what i'm talking about, on the Around the World game they got the wind effects absolutely spot on.

One thing that absolutely has to be in the next version is the ability to shepherd kicks. I played through a full length NAB cup to get the trophy the other week and it was so frustrating kicking for supergoals. My FF and the FB would be in the goal square, my FF being goal side, and i'd just about push the buttons through the controller trying to get him to bump or shepherd the FB away so the ball could go through for 9. All to no avail as he casually spoils it through every time.

There are some really good suggestions in here although I did not read them all.

Let's remember that Bigant do not have the budget of EA guys, meaning I doubt we will see a massive inclusing of a zillion wishlist items straight away. Realistically I am thinking the next edition of AFL Live will be nothing more than a refined, polished version of the current game using the same engine with some minor tweaking of audio, animations, gameplay and rosters etc.

Just on the sound and sorry if it has been mentioned but I would like club songs at the end of a win to be a recording from an actual game so you get the crowd singing along not just the straight studio mix. I think this would add to the realism without it requiring an huge overhaul.

I agree on crowd sounds too could be more responsive to real time play.

Ok now, bring on the gags about how are they going to find a copy of the Richmond Club song sung after a win in digital format before circa 1980 :)

Cheers all and this game totally rocks.

Oh, and from a marketing perspective maybe release it in week one of the home and away season when everyone is the most hyped for footy.

Ice9ine.

I think I may have suggested this a while ago in the normal AFL Live thread, but I thought I'd bring it up here.

I'm proposing a new set shots system for two main reasons. First of all, the current one is far too easy, particularly when set shots are one of the hard aspects of our game (as in, you can never truly master them in real life, but it was all to easy to do so in the game). My second reason is because BigAnt have always said that they want to create a realistic experience. Three sports titles I can think of use the Analog sticks to make a game more realistic: Tiger Woods Franchise, Grand Slam Tennis 2, and Cricket 2007. Real life actions were mimicked with the sticks, and that's what I think can be done in the next iteration of the AFL game.

I think the best way I can explain it is to break down what would happen in the game:
  • Mark is taken within set-shot range.
  • Press button to change to the camera view behind the player.
  • Look at wind indicator and use the left analog stick to make any possible aim adjustments / Kick to a team mate.
  • If deciding to take a set shot, press button to begin the set shot.
  • Push forward on the left analog stick to begin the player's run up.
  • A vertical meter with an indicator will slowly climb (from red zone, to yellow to green).
  • The aim is to kick the ball when in the green zone.
  • Kicking is started by pulling back on the right analog stick, then pushing forward (whilst still running in with the left analog stick).
  • Ball is kicked.
Power is not considered here, only accuracy. Optimum accuracy is obtained when the "run up" meter is in the green zone, and the kicking action on the right analog stick is straight and fluid. A perfect kick will be dead straight (barring wind) and will easily clear the goals (unless the kick taker has low shot power, in which case the ball will travel as far as possible).

The better a player's set shot accuracy, the bigger the "run up" green zone is, and the more room for error with the kicking action on the right stick.

Not kicking when in the "run up" green zone will result in lost accuracy and/or power, and likewise for mistakes in the kicking action on the right stick. Small mistakes will cause a fade/hook, whilst bigger mistakes will be complete shanks and/or will cause the ball to drop short.

I believe this will provide enough difficulty that it will take a little while for anyone to become extremely proficient at this. Also, because of the large amount of possible human error involved, it should be almost impossible to master, and will allow more realistic scorelines (in terms of accuracy).

The only major doubt I have with this is BigAnt's reluctance to include meters of any kind, however the "run-up" meter could be an optional thing for offline play, and barred from use online. Having said that, it is only one extra meter in the whole game, which can't really hurt that much, especially since the level of realism added to the game because of this system will outweigh the amount of "gamey-ness" that is brought upon by the use of the meter.

I think I explained this pretty well, considering it is quite late and it's difficult to properly convey something like this in writing.

Thoughts? Questions? Improvements?

Great idea. So the length of the accuracy bars and the amount of green is determined by the players goal kicking skills?

If so, what you are saying is Richo's meters would look something like this

. .

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live 2012/13 Wishlist Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back