AFL Live 2012/13 Wishlist Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This has probably already been mentioned/asked for, but I would love to see goal replays/highlights be able to be saved. Not only that, but being able to save a replay of an entire match would also be nice, along with being able to rewind, slowdown or even fast forward a replay (like how Pro Evolution Soccer does it).

Ultimately, the biggest improvement I think can be implemented, is being able to create and join public matches online. Cheers :)

As this is a 'wishlist' thread and not a 'These MUST be changed or I wont buy it' thread, Im going to list things in 2 categories.

Things I would Like to see in the next AFL release:
-Much more detailed stats (Team stats are probably fine but I would love to be able to go through every player's stats check tackles, kicks, distance run all of that stuff)
-A new marking control system. (I know Big Ant didn't want any meters or any of that stuff on screen but maybe a timing meter for contested marks would be good. With less margin for error for the players with a lower marking stat or player in the worse position.)
-New Music (ideally some aussie rock. ACDC, Jet, etc..) But realistically, for the budget maybe some other smaller bands. The kinda stuff we hear on Triple J. But if I find myself humming "We are we are the favourite sons" at work again, I'm going to kill someone.
-Difference in running speed of players, with a bit more control over small side steps and making defenders work harder. Maybe make it easier to throw a defender off balance if he is just holding the tackle button or holding tackle and sprint together.
-The ball should have a less predictable bounce and if I get a quick snap away along the boundary or towards goal it should dribble along the ground for a bit. I think it would (with the addition of run speed differences) allow for a more flowing game and let quick players run onto the ball and solve the 'tackle-fest' issue
-More Holding the ball decisions for players who have prior opportunity but just seem to drop the footy when tackled. Sometimes players are breaking a tackle or 2, running 20 meters and when I finally land a good tackle on them they drop the ball and their teammate picks it up. Very frustrating.
-Instant replay that we can save and view later.
-A draft of generated VFL players. Just to keep some replay value for the game and also have a bit of influence on the kind of team we put on the field. ex; If I want some quicker players on the wing to move the ball forward, draft comes up and I can slowly adjust my team to be better and better but also with players retiring, I can watch the team take on a new shape and playing style to suit my player's stats.
-Realistic Scores for simulated games. Or at least scoring on par with user games. Im not sure how the simulation works for AI games but if there was some way to base it off of the average score of my own games, the goal stats would be much more even rather than 4 of my players all battling it out for the Coleman Medal while Buddy sits 30 goals behind them. I find that 5 min quarters are perfect for realistic scores (Usually between 60-120 depending on how well I'm kicking/marking inside 50) but the AI only score between 30-70 when they're playing against each other. I have to bump it to 10 mins for them to score realistically but then I end up kicking 30 goals a game.
Again, I don know how the AI simulation works but it needs a little attention or the stat changes would be near-meaningless in my mind.

Things I hope to see at some point in the future but not essential for the next release:
-Crowds reacting more to the game. (If a team is getting drilled at 3 qtr time, they could leave. They shouldn't really be waving flags at the bounce when they're losing by a huge margin.)
-Show a few empty seats in the crappy games which would never be a sell out crowd.
-Cuts to the coaches reactions after big plays as if I was watching the game on tv.
-Boundary commentating. A half time review of the best possession getters, goal kickers and injuries.
-I'm not sure if this is already in the first release but increased difficulty for rivalry games and finals.
-A bit more pre game talk about the two teams based on how far into the season, ladder position, their last game. I imagine that could come up during the loading of the match as its just audio based on a couple of variables. But I could be wrong. ex;"welcome to the round [number] clash between [team a] and [team b] at [stadium]. [team a] will be desperate to come out of this one with 4 points after their loss last week to [team c] and are hoping to stay in the 8 with a win over [team b] tonight."
-Player (user) stats. ex; Time Played, Favourite Team, Longest Goal, Total Goals, Total Kicks, Goal:Behind Ratio, Free Kicks For/Against

-Be A Pro - I know a lot of people want this but I don't really like it so for me its not a huge deal if its not there. Particularly if you're playing as a forward (as lots of people would), you'd be either spending 1/3 of the game waiting for the footy to come towards your end or you'd be worn out and injured by the end of the first game if you were to chase the footy all game. I just don't think it would be as good for AFL as it is for soccer/basketball.

Let me know if you agree or disagree with my ideas. Maybe you guys love the things I hate or maybe you hate the things I love.

I think we all have to agree that the first release was an awesome effort from Big Ant and while it's not perfect, is one of the best AFL games we've seen.
Lets just hope they keep building on it from here and bring us a new hit each year. So get behind em and buy each release!

Fully customisable control layout. I should be be able to set kick, tackle, mark, handball, sprint to whatever buttons I want and save these as custom control configs. Makes it far easier to get into the game in the first place (not having to remember which button is which due to unintuitive default controls) and to switch between games (e.g. AFL and FIFA) without the frustration of adapting to different buttons for sprint, etc.

The ability to create your own guernseys... Imported JPG files using a predefined "Template" or something!

Not sure how easy that would be to implement, I still reckon for next implementation the old redesigner is the go. Give us all the common guernsey designs (including the old ones like the Bulldogs hoops and PAP's diamonds) and just let us recolour them.

Then once that's perfected, bring in the complete designer like you see in WWE games. Thinking really big here, but if they brought in a community creations type thing too then everyone could upload their guernseys or players for others to download. Though i'm assuming Big Ant probably don't quite have the resources for that like someone like THQ does.

Somebody may have already mentioned this but i can't be bothered reading 29 pages, but i think there obviously needs to be (player) stats available during the game eg. kicks, marks, handballs etc. and i think it would be cool to have dream team points for each player

I know this is a bit optimistic bit it is a wishlist thread. I came up with an idea that for the next afl game every team has there own cover. To show what i think it would look like i made Adelaide and Port Adelaide covers on photoshop, let me know what you think:) i don't know how to attach photos so heres 2 links:

AFLLIVECROWSEDITION.png

AFLIVEPORTVERSIONPS3.png

Cheers HBK619 for putting the pictures in for me

i really hope that big footy is getting our ideas!
i really think they should have a caree mode.. like haveing traning seshions and completeing drills. before they go out on the ground they should do drills in the rooms. They should have more jumpers and vfl teams and grounds.

Wish there was a noise, anything, a ding, a dong, a beep, a whistle, etc ANY noise to indicate that the online screen is progressing to another stage, ie accept opponent, pick jumper, etc.

Sick of walking outside and having to flick my smoke to then rush back in because the siren has blown to signal a game is starting.

Then i have to quit because hes picked the same team.

Its just annoying. Not everyone likes to sit and stare at a blank screen for up to a few minutes.

Oh and let us edit our own tunes into the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i would like to see a be a pro mode like in fifa, and a draft were you can do more than one season and draft players from vfl and just random players, and be able to play as your reserves side in a season that would be good. :thumbsu::footy: go doggies 2012

i think afl live should have missions to complete for teams like beat port adelaide as brisbane in the 2004 grand final to win four flags in a row. like the missions afl 2007 on ps2 had check it out it would make a lot of people have fun and enjoy the game more

As this is a 'wishlist' thread and not a 'These MUST be changed or I wont buy it' thread, Im going to list things in 2 categories.

Things I would Like to see in the next AFL release:
-Much more detailed stats (Team stats are probably fine but I would love to be able to go through every player's stats check tackles, kicks, distance run all of that stuff)
-A new marking control system. (I know Big Ant didn't want any meters or any of that stuff on screen but maybe a timing meter for contested marks would be good. With less margin for error for the players with a lower marking stat or player in the worse position.)
-New Music (ideally some aussie rock. ACDC, Jet, etc..) But realistically, for the budget maybe some other smaller bands. The kinda stuff we hear on Triple J. But if I find myself humming "We are we are the favourite sons" at work again, I'm going to kill someone.
-Difference in running speed of players, with a bit more control over small side steps and making defenders work harder. Maybe make it easier to throw a defender off balance if he is just holding the tackle button or holding tackle and sprint together.
-The ball should have a less predictable bounce and if I get a quick snap away along the boundary or towards goal it should dribble along the ground for a bit. I think it would (with the addition of run speed differences) allow for a more flowing game and let quick players run onto the ball and solve the 'tackle-fest' issue
-More Holding the ball decisions for players who have prior opportunity but just seem to drop the footy when tackled. Sometimes players are breaking a tackle or 2, running 20 meters and when I finally land a good tackle on them they drop the ball and their teammate picks it up. Very frustrating.
-Instant replay that we can save and view later.
-A draft of generated VFL players. Just to keep some replay value for the game and also have a bit of influence on the kind of team we put on the field. ex; If I want some quicker players on the wing to move the ball forward, draft comes up and I can slowly adjust my team to be better and better but also with players retiring, I can watch the team take on a new shape and playing style to suit my player's stats.
-Realistic Scores for simulated games. Or at least scoring on par with user games. Im not sure how the simulation works for AI games but if there was some way to base it off of the average score of my own games, the goal stats would be much more even rather than 4 of my players all battling it out for the Coleman Medal while Buddy sits 30 goals behind them. I find that 5 min quarters are perfect for realistic scores (Usually between 60-120 depending on how well I'm kicking/marking inside 50) but the AI only score between 30-70 when they're playing against each other. I have to bump it to 10 mins for them to score realistically but then I end up kicking 30 goals a game.
Again, I don know how the AI simulation works but it needs a little attention or the stat changes would be near-meaningless in my mind.

Things I hope to see at some point in the future but not essential for the next release:
-Crowds reacting more to the game. (If a team is getting drilled at 3 qtr time, they could leave. They shouldn't really be waving flags at the bounce when they're losing by a huge margin.)
-Show a few empty seats in the crappy games which would never be a sell out crowd.
-Cuts to the coaches reactions after big plays as if I was watching the game on tv.
-Boundary commentating. A half time review of the best possession getters, goal kickers and injuries.
-I'm not sure if this is already in the first release but increased difficulty for rivalry games and finals.
-A bit more pre game talk about the two teams based on how far into the season, ladder position, their last game. I imagine that could come up during the loading of the match as its just audio based on a couple of variables. But I could be wrong. ex;"welcome to the round [number] clash between [team a] and [team b] at [stadium]. [team a] will be desperate to come out of this one with 4 points after their loss last week to [team c] and are hoping to stay in the 8 with a win over [team b] tonight."
-Player (user) stats. ex; Time Played, Favourite Team, Longest Goal, Total Goals, Total Kicks, Goal:Behind Ratio, Free Kicks For/Against

-Be A Pro - I know a lot of people want this but I don't really like it so for me its not a huge deal if its not there. Particularly if you're playing as a forward (as lots of people would), you'd be either spending 1/3 of the game waiting for the footy to come towards your end or you'd be worn out and injured by the end of the first game if you were to chase the footy all game. I just don't think it would be as good for AFL as it is for soccer/basketball.

Let me know if you agree or disagree with my ideas. Maybe you guys love the things I hate or maybe you hate the things I love.

I think we all have to agree that the first release was an awesome effort from Big Ant and while it's not perfect, is one of the best AFL games we've seen.
Lets just hope they keep building on it from here and bring us a new hit each year. So get behind em and buy each release!

there should be dream team and supercoach scores and/or be able to make a dream team or supercoach team in season mode so u can play as a team and have players in your team.it would be pretty good but probaly hard to make.

There isn't going to be an AFL Live 2012 is there? I can't seem to find any signs that there will be. Very dissapointing, last years game gave so much promise for it to become a good franchise.

There isn't going to be an AFL Live 2012 is there? I can't seem to find any signs that there will be. Very dissapointing, last years game gave so much promise for it to become a good franchise.

There is almost definitely a new version on the way, it just probably isn't this year.

Iemailed big ant not long ago and asked if there would be a new game this year.

They said they are not allowed to tell me....

So it'll prob be mid 2013 unfortunately. However, it will hopefully be a great game if it's taking 2 years to develop.

Iemailed big ant not long ago and asked if there would be a new game this year.

They said they are not allowed to tell me....

So it'll prob be mid 2013 unfortunately. However, it will hopefully be a great game if it's taking 2 years to develop.

hopefully end of the year 2012:D

Hi guys, new here, thought I would post my own two bobs worth (probably the same as what everyone else has posted).

Basically I am going to give a quick overview of what one could do with AFL 2007 then compare to 2011.

IMO I prefer 2007 version for gameplay and also the greater amount of variety one could expect (settings wise).

There definitely needs to be a "Career Mode" of some sorts and I feel that more heritage Guernseys and colours should be available.

Career Mode
In the 2007 game, starting a season mode would start you off with the Wizards Cup (oh the memories! lol), then once that's over, move on to the season proper. Once that's said and done, you've won the premiership (or the spoon lol), you go to the off season- the AI offered you trades and vice versa, players retired (you could lure them back with "Money", "Loyalty" or "Leadership" options) etc etc etc. The injury system is about the same and, something which is notably missing from the new game is umpire reports and suspensions, something which ground my gears but it made things interesting.

Customization of teams and jumpers
2007 allowed you to customise the team in the following ways: change a players jumper number (for example, when I played as Port, I changed Cassisi from #25 to #1 and put Tredrea back as #16); change team Captain and deputy; change where a particular ruckman/secondary ruckman played, for example, have Riewoldt ruck in the Fow50 while Goddard could ruck in the Def50 and keep Matthew Clarke (ruckman at time of 2007 game) in the middle; have jumpers with sleeves and no sleeves; short and long socks. In comparison all players have long socks...including Judd and Ablett :mad:

The sheer amount of variety of jumpers you could pick from were fantastic, and they even featured in the Challenges mode (eg 1966 Grand Final, StK and Coll wore jumpers from that era). Unfortunately the names from that era were non-existant)

Custom Teams, Jumpers and Logos
How lame could this section get. The Salary cap is useless, pinch a star or two from Geelong or Carlton and BOOM! half you cap is gone. While the random teams that could be generated were quite interesting and inventive (Few example, Snowy River Mavericks, Port Pirie Redbacks) the jumpers were sub-standard. While I found it funny that a Brisbane Bears jumper (complete with colours) could be picked I found it stupid that a set combination of colours and styles could be picked (Home & Away only) with the choice being an AFL Jumper or a Custom jumper. Also interesting to note is that the GWS Giants jumper was made available to choose (although the team itself was never properly featured in the game and games against them in a NAB cup were automatically simulated).

Special Challenges
Previous games allowed to you play games from the past for example, 2004 GF, 1966 GF and 1997 GF, with Fremantles game being the 2006 Semi LOL!!!!). Bring this back but with more prominent features. For example, have the 1970 GF available (complete with B&W footage and have names such as Jesalenko featured, and then have "YOU BEAUTY" when he takes a mark), or you're playing the last 5min of the 1966 GF and it's up to you to kick that winning point (sigh!) in order to win and complete the challenge. Having names from the era featured when playing those games. Pretty awkward when playing the 1966 GF (in 2007 game) and have Riewoldt and Hudghton running around.

Home & Away Grounds, Crowds, Teams
This is where it could have been improved. MCG is not the same size as Skilled Stadium. Stadium sizes need to be more accurate and so does the crowd. For example:

- At Collingwood Games, the crowd shouts "Coll-ling-woooood" like they do now.
- Geelong play better at Geelong, Sydney play better at Sydney and WCE and Freo play better at Subiaco, etc
- Port, North and Melbourne games to feature half empty stadiums, little crowd noise, etc. Richmond and Collingwood games to be much louder etc.
- Home crowd cheer to be louder than away team crowd.
- Flags only wave when goals are kicked.
- 19th Man at Crows AAMI games
- Derby games to be rougher and harder (eg, when Port start winning the Crows fans start boo-ing, etc)

Featured games
ANZAC Day match, GF etc are all under-represented, although I haven't played an ANZAC match on either game so can't comment, I'm assuming only the Anthem is played. I think it would be good for The Last Post to be played on an ANZAC Day match just for respect's sake. Have a medal presentation at end of GF and certainly make the atmosphere of all finals matches at lot better than what they are.

These are my thoughts and opinions, open to criticism, of course not everything can be included lol

Not sure if it's been posted but I would LOVE to see International Rules even if its just a separate game or included in the next game it would be awesome

Authentic grounds (subiaco long but narrow, aurora long and wide, scg small etc...)

Authentic jumpers (sponsors on them) and a variety of historic jumpers (all available on footyjumpers.com) with current sponsors

Historic match mode (re-live, re-write)
Each team has 2 games, re-live you try for the same result, re-write you try to change it. Double up the re-live/write (for example, could have 1989 grand final, hawks you'd "relive" but geelong's you'd "rewrite"
That would save massive amounts of space
Could have historic teams in this mode, and upon completion of a game you unlock a set of jumpers and select players (players for use in exhibition mode only)
Added to this, you could have "bonus" missions, such as player x getting y disposals. The bonus missions change for each game

Statistics, don't care about the detailed ones, but would at least like kicks, handballs, marks, tackles, FF/FA, goals and behinds

Proper season mode (different fixtures each season, draft, trades, free agency, salary cap, mrp)

Most of these were available on premiership edition, so don't know why it isn't possible now

A mini dream team manager!!!

When playing career have the option to make a dream team, and see the points at the end of each round etc, :)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live 2012/13 Wishlist Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back