AFL Live DLC out NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

There's often more to this than you think - the assumption is wrong that we missed it - HSBC blocked it as they tightly control their logo and could not come to terms of not controlling where it might be displayed. Early screen shots of buddy show the now gone logo.

I can accept the sponsor issue.....but what about the jumper numbers....?

Downloaded this morning and had a very quick menu look before leaving for work. Bulldogs have their updated 2012 guernseys (which is good, but makes their heritage one kinda redundant :p would have been cool to chuck their 2011 one in there, but I understand limitations).

Disappointed that some of the away strips weren't fixed. Richmond still have their away strip as exactly the same as their home strip (ie. regular guernsey and black shorts). Would have liked to have seen regular guernsey with white shorts as their away.

Same with West Coast, although the away guernsey is right, it comes with blue shorts. Would have loved the addition of white shorts with the away guernsey.

Hopefully the next full game release (next year?) will give the option of choosing guernsey and shorts separately, so you can make as many combos as you like.

Oh, and sock heights of course. ;P

Just downloaded the DLC and had a quick game - played GWS at Skoda Stadium and it looks great.
One major issue - no jumper numbers or back sponsor on the Hawks clash jumper.
How the hell can this get missed......?
Poor.
Im pretty sure this was to do with the sponsors of the game not wanting HSBC on the jumper rather than them forgetting to put it on there from what i remember

I've got it. It's much better already. Hawthorn's clash DOES have jumper numbers for me. And I lol'd at Amos Frank being called as 'Franklin' by the commentators.

But I was stupid and pressed the reset clubs button. Deleted all my custom players that I spent so much damn time on!

Cannot wait to get home and play this again.

Had a game last night, and got smashed by a custom Richmond team.

This game will only get better I reckon.

Has there been any update on this release with the commentary?

has players positioning been fixed , in the game there is a significant amount of players not assigned to there actual positions, for example Crameri is placed at half back whilst in real life he actually plays in the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy enough with the updated stats and all that. I'll play offline with Lecca and Nicoski and that out just for realisms sake, but when I go back online Lecca will make a remarkable recovery.

What's with Geelong's away gear suddenly being the same as their home gear? It was fine before the DLC. White shorts/white top socks for away games and blue shorts/blue top socks for home.

Downloaded the patch last night, don't have the DLC yet. Initial thoughts on the patch - sorry for any repetition:

Things that after two plays are exciting:
  • easier to handball through traffic
  • easier to tap to advantage
  • easier to kick to a lead
  • easier to punch (so a very interesting change that now leading AND punching is easier)
  • players run to space more often (but not always - still, happy with the improvement)
  • I might be wrong on this one, but I think the dynamic gameplay swings against the AI have been tweaked. The opposition doesn't seem to drop their bundle like they used to when you get a few goals up
And the changes I dead set love:
  • ball spills to ground more often - fewer ball ups (almost a simulation of the 'ball to the ground' handball players give when tackled - maybe should argue this should be player controlled but the change works really well, an example of how making something 'arcadey' improves the game)
  • can give little handoffs in congestion
  • full backs (and possibly other defenders) leave their man and run to close off space - hooray
  • and best of all, handballs over the head are a lot weaker and provide far fewer options. Initial impression is that the old mechanic of 'draw the man, get tackled, handball over your head to the bloke that came free'' that in my opinion really brought the gameplay down a huge amount is no longer the option it once was. You can still do it, but the risk is a lot higher that it won't reach the man or it will be intercepted.

Overall the feel of the game is that it is more elastic and responsive. Again, if you don't expect big changes - it is still ultimately the same game and there are still frustrations with the AI - you will be happy. Thanks Ross!

Gotta say I'm loving the patch and the DLC
However I've noticed some problems such as
1. A friend of mine wanted to verse me online and we were going to play using GWS and at skoda however it would not let him accept the invite as it said he needed the DLC first he does have the patch however.
2. Good to see the sub big is fixed not!! I had played a few games and used the sub fine but when I was in the nab cup grand final I went to use the sub in the 3rd quarter and the game froze again. Although it does seem like these freezes are reduced so that's good.

I can accept the sponsor issue.....but what about the jumper numbers....?

I've not encountered the issue of numbers disapearing... others are saying they see the number fine, as does my QA in Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live DLC out NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back