AFL Live PATCH - Download now

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Live PATCH?

yes ok mate i "sucked" at it. considering i won 8 games online without a loss, played it with all my cuz's around 10 games.

In the end it wasn't something i knew i would play long term, it has to much flaws, the game has some good things in it but the bad out does the good.

Not worth paying $109 for a game ill play for a month then use it as a dust collector. But everyone is different.

Fair enough mate

Just thought I'd chuck in a little joke
No need to get super defensive

yes ok mate i "sucked" at it. considering i won 8 games online without a loss, played it with all my cuz's around 10 games.

In the end it wasn't something i knew i would play long term, it has to much flaws, the game has some good things in it but the bad out does the good.

Not worth paying $109 for a game ill play for a month then use it as a dust collector. But everyone is different.

see that's a more insightful post than your first.

Fair enough, but mate stop buying games from anywhere charging you $90+

I haVe to say I was probably the most excited I've ever been for this game to be released, what a let down!!!! Speed attribute means nothing, created players on other non human controlled teams don't make the starting 22!!! Created players cost you through the nose to have on your team, having a salary cap that can't be turned off is a joke, I understand it for online but who cares about salary cap when ur at home playing a season by urself. I'm super disappointed about all the constant stoppages, this game is in need of a ton of work. Massive let down
I seem to have noticed that most of the people sooking about how bad this game is are the illiterate ones.

I haVe to say I was probably the most excited I've ever been for this game to be released, what a let down!!!! Speed attribute means nothing, created players on other non human controlled teams don't make the starting 22!!! Created players cost you through the nose to have on your team, having a salary cap that can't be turned off is a joke, I understand it for online but who cares about salary cap when ur at home playing a season by urself. I'm super disappointed about all the constant stoppages, this game is in need of a ton of work. Massive let down

Things the patch should have:

1: Be able to do interchanges while in pause.

2: be able to do team managment on the home screen of season mode, instead of before you are just about to play.

other than that LOVE THE GAME.

i havnt had a problem with the sprint issue and tackling. many times during a game im able to hit up loose players on the wing and in the middle to go on a run.

Any updates from BA on what the patch will include??? :confused:
The only definites atm seem to be that online quitters will be punished for quitting at around 3 goals no matter the stage of the match.

And the fix for the freezing for certain teams in season mode.

This is why AFL will never get any better. It won't have the chance if sales aren't decent enough. You do realize that future copies means improvement in the Game right?

You already bought the game, so just keep it. Somewhere along the line there will be a game that almost EVERY AFL fan will like. It's a great start for BA. It will only get better. But you people need to trust in this and give it a go. Otherwise, we can see a new developer every 4-5 years and a crappy AFL game. Prefer this mate?

I'll be keeping the game, but only because I'll play it with friends. I don't know how you can say people should buy the game 'because it will make future games better', that's a massive cop out on the developers behalf. If you want to ensure future development, I'm sure Ross will happily accept a donation.

I think many of the issues that people have identified with the game can be fixed by a patch or 2.

Many aspects of the game are fantastic, with a couple of debugs and patches....it will make it even more enjoyable to play!

BigAnt = :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

The more I play the game, the more I like the congestion. There are ways to break it up and find space. Just takes a little time.

The major thing that I've found from the game compared to previous AFL games, is that if you lose the clearance in the middle, it's not necessarily going to be a goal against every time. The last few games you could just about guarantee that the kick was going to CHF (who was always a few metres clear) and then kick to FF (who was once again a few metres clear). Loving it!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I play the game, the more I like the congestion. There are ways to break it up and find space. Just takes a little time.

yeah i reckon the sprint issue people are having doesnt need to be fixed, i think the game would be a bit to easy if players were able to run a lot quicker then others. as you have said there are ways to find space in the game.

I would also like to think they would redo some of the player ratings. Having Clinton Jones at 91 and ahead of some gun midfielders like Pendlebury isnt realistic. Also stop richmond from hitting targets that is completely unrealistic :p. But in all seriousness i really like the game and don't have big issues with it like others good job Big Ant.

The patch def needs a Stats option during the game. Not seeing player stats in a game is just unheard of now! I havent played a non player stats game since Nintendo 64 was still releasing yearly sports games

Love the game. It has it faults, but for a first attempt it's pretty good. What I'd like to see fixed in a patch is:

1. Holding the ball awarded more often: So many times the opposition player goes to run with the ball and I lay a tackle - holding the ball should be called since he had prior opportunity. This would mean less ball ups and reward good play by tackling a player who tries to run with the ball as opposed to hand passing/kicking.

2. Fix momentum: It’s unrealistic when I kick 8 goals straight against Collingwood, winning every ruck contest (on Professional mode), and then I can’t touch the ball for a quarter and a half (including not winning a ruck contest or being able to spoil) until they have gotten back into the game and are within a goal or two. Also, I’ve lost count of the number of games where I’ve kept an opponent scoreless only for them to score in the final 2-3 minutes of the game. Again, I can’t win a ruck contest or spoil a marking contest – the computer just takes over.

3. Increase sprint ability: It’s been said by others but I just wanted to reiterate the importance of this to improve the flow and decrease the ridiculously high number of ball ups.

4. Use edited teams and custom players in AFL Premiership and NAB Cup.

I have a couple of issues with the create a player/team setup in the footy factory that would be nice to be patched.
Forgive me if i'm wrong.... but I immediately set about creating Andrew Mcleod for my Crows legends team, and found after i'd finished that I couldn't set his number as 23.
Other small issues are that Mcleod never wore his socks pulled up, and there is no option to lower them. I understand it would be silly to set that feature to accomodate one player, but it's a small issue nonetheless.
The final minor gripe is the default boots seem to be only white.
Granted Mcleod may have worn white boots before, but apart from wanting to see him in the black boots with the red tongue it will look out of place on the Modra's, Jarman's, and Shaun Rehn (lol) when I end up creating them.
I had spent about 20 mins creating the player, and I don't think i'll be spending any more time on making more until a patch at least lets us assign player numbers.
:thumbsu:

My biggest issue is that I can't play it over here in the USA with my Xbox360... Does anyone have an option or idea of how I can fix this problem without being extreme and having to buy a Aussie xbow and a PAL tv!!!!
:mad::mad::mad:

My biggest issue is that I can't play it over here in the USA with my Xbox360... Does anyone have an option or idea of how I can fix this problem without being extreme and having to buy a Aussie xbow and a PAL tv!!!!
:mad::mad::mad:
buy a PS3

such a flog effort on the creativity of the team management screen

just have a field set-up!
so confusing and takes so much time to move players around

such a flog effort on the creativity of the team management screen

just have a field set-up!
so confusing and takes so much time to move players around

Not sure I'd describe it as a "flog effort" but yeah, someone really dropped the ball on the team selection menu. It could not be more unintuitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live PATCH - Download now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back