AFL Live PATCH - Download now

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Live PATCH?

My Bro-In-Law has a pS3 so if that works then thats what I will do... does even that work though?

Yeah all PS3 games are multi-region. That's a pretty stupid move from Big Ant to make the 360 game pal only, considering it is only coming out in Australia it's a really really silly decision.

The other choice is to buy a jtagged xbox 360 as they will play games from all regions, which would be very costly though

such a flog effort on the creativity of the team management screen

just have a field set-up!
so confusing and takes so much time to move players around

Agree 100%. It's just a mess. Why couldn't it have just been like FIFA? Pretty simple.

such a flog effort on the creativity of the team management screen

just have a field set-up!
so confusing and takes so much time to move players around
It's not that difficult really.

It's nowhere near as bad as people are saying but it would be much better if I could see who my players are lining up on. Flipping back and forth between lineup and tagging is pointless. Why not just have a button to turn on a tag in the lineup section with a view of your opposition on the same screen?

By the way, when is this patch going to be out?

PLEASE in the patch have players without their preffered kicking foot fixed . cant be brisbane or sydney with drummond and o'keefe as right footers in game . dunno how you could make the mistake with those two especially as they have arguably the 2 best left foots in the game . add leigh brown bernie vince matera to this as well . think there may be more as well .

PLEASE in the patch have players without their preffered kicking foot fixed . cant be brisbane or sydney with drummond and o'keefe as right footers in game . dunno how you could make the mistake with those two especially as they have arguably the 2 best left foots in the game . add leigh brown bernie vince matera to this as well . think there may be more as well .

reece conca is a right footer too

So, whats the estimated release for the patch?
Doubt Ross will set a date as people just get mad when it takes longer than expected even though it's out of their hands

Doubt Ross will set a date as people just get mad when it takes longer than expected even though it's out of their hands

After BigAnt is done with the patch, which I can't imagine takes that long especially since Ross said they'd have it done soon after Day Zero, it's up to Sony and M$ to approve it and release it.

Agree 100%. It's just a mess. Why couldn't it have just been like FIFA? Pretty simple.
If its only released in Aus they should try and make the menus etc as much like fifa as possible for ease of use. Loving online play though, cant win a ruck contest to save myself but clearance king nontheless. Theres a lot of menu type stuff, in game pausing, and team set up for season type stuff that needs to be touched up and hopefully will be as long as people keep playing it online.

Need able to change team tactics and positions so they stay that way over a season instead of changing them every time u play a game.

If its only released in Aus they should try and make the menus etc as much like fifa as possible for ease of use. Loving online play though, cant win a ruck contest to save myself but clearance king nontheless. Theres a lot of menu type stuff, in game pausing, and team set up for season type stuff that needs to be touched up and hopefully will be as long as people keep playing it online.

Need able to change team tactics and positions so they stay that way over a season instead of changing them every time u play a game.

They do save in a season. Just not online

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah all PS3 games are multi-region. That's a pretty stupid move from Big Ant to make the 360 game pal only, considering it is only coming out in Australia it's a really really silly decision.

The other choice is to buy a jtagged xbox 360 as they will play games from all regions, which would be very costly though

It's not a Big Ant move. Microsoft will only make a game Worldwide if you are releasing the game worldwide and have a publisher in America and/or Japan. We only have an Australian Publisher so it can only be available for the systems that work in that Region (which happen to also be the same as Europe)

PS3 works worldwide as Sony work differently on region protection.

---
PSN ID - Casparov - find me online to win the Big Ant Badge

They do save in a season. Just not online
I thought there was going to be a release day patch/fix or something that was already in the making and due to be relased the same day as the game was schedualed to be releases (21st).

I thought there was going to be a release day patch/fix or something that was already in the making and due to be relased the same day as the game was schedualed to be releases (21st).

I'd say that patch was almost ready to go, but more issues have come to light and they're taking a little longer to include fixes for those bugs too rather than having to release 2 patches.

All I really want in the patch is three things:

1) Please fix the Custom Season so that it plays like a normal season, and not with weird amounts of Rounds. You can play either 17, 34, or 51 rounds. But not 24, which is what it really is. If this isn't possible, please make the Official Season part have customizable fixtures and the ability to use customized teams.

2) A quarter length in-between 5 and 10 minutes, maybe like 7 minutes.

3) In season mode, allow the simmed games for CPU controlled teams to have a sim length of 10 or 15 minutes per quarter, and allow the Human controlled teams to play for 5 or the aforementioned 7 minute quarters, so realistic scores can be achieved for both simmed and played games.

Also, as a side note, if we could adjust the difficulty and quarter length mid-season, that would be awesome.

-------------------------------------------

In terms of actual gameplay, absolutely no issues with it at all to be honest. Game is heaps of fun to play.

But it's not fun to play season modes or anything like that, due to the issues mentioned above. If they were fixed, this would be an awesome game.

All I really want in the patch is three things:

1) Please fix the Custom Season so that it plays like a normal season, and not with weird amounts of Rounds. You can play either 17, 34, or 51 rounds. But not 24, which is what it really is. If this isn't possible, please make the Official Season part have customizable fixtures and the ability to use customized teams.

2) A quarter length in-between 5 and 10 minutes, maybe like 7 minutes.

3) In season mode, allow the simmed games for CPU controlled teams to have a sim length of 10 or 15 minutes per quarter, and allow the Human controlled teams to play for 5 or the aforementioned 7 minute quarters, so realistic scores can be achieved for both simmed and played games.

Also, as a side note, if we could adjust the difficulty and quarter length mid-season, that would be awesome.

-------------------------------------------

In terms of actual gameplay, absolutely no issues with it at all to be honest. Game is heaps of fun to play.

But it's not fun to play season modes or anything like that, due to the issues mentioned above. If they were fixed, this would be an awesome game.

This sounds pretty good, I'd be happy with those changes. I also don't think the gameplay needs adjusting. Although, I wouldn't be afraid to remove the auto seek function for tacklers. It would be better if you needed to control a player to the tackler yourself.

NOOOO you shouldn't be allowed to change difficulty mid season .... thats the best thing about this game - as long as they etch the level you won on the trophy!!

What is happening with this patch? Cant finish seasons until its done because simming will screw my trophies!!

Great gameplay really realistic... the features will come people just enjoy this game for what it is (when the patch comes out allowing you to finish seasons, of course!)

What i would like the patch to do:

Give you a 30 second break in between quarters to allow you to play with tactics ect. I hate how you cant pause live game play during a live match without your opponent being disabled from scoring against you either!

Allow you to run past/around players that are physically incapable compared to the ball carrier.

Make the quitter from a live match lose a game and receive negative xp points for quitting/losing connection while you receive the win.

Improve the lock-on and auto assisting to make passing easier rather than bombing it all the time and just hoping you mark it!

Is there an official word as to when the patch is actually coming out? Searching through Ross's posts is impossible. I've also heard that the next patch only fixes season mode, not the other things?

If that was all it did, it would be out by now.

So far from what I gather:

It will punish quitters more.

It will fix season mode.

It will fix spoiling so that you need to hold L2/LT to spoil, and can bump with the right stick.

It will fix other random bugs that have been found.

Make the quitter from a live match lose a game and receive negative xp points for quitting/losing connection while you receive the win.
And what happens if you genuinely disconnect?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live PATCH - Download now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back