AFL MVP 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheap shot from a nobody keyboard warrior

Do you know him or have met him?

How about posting your good looking mug on here

032012-david-koch.jpg

Doesn't mean they collapsed because he wasn't there.

I would argue that he had an incredible influence in the result of the majority of their games, and his absence certainly didn't help their cause to make the 8.

Freo can win without Fyfe.

GC not so much with Ablett.

Surprised Fyfe beat out Ablett. Maybe the players thought because Ablett missed so many games but Fyfe only played 18 himself.

Abletts impact in 15 games > Fyfe in 18.

Good point.. 3 games difference isn't much. Gazza should have still got it imo. Fyfe will be the best one day but isn't at the moment. Coaches award is the best one ( voting wise )

Good point.. 3 games difference isn't much. Gazza should have still got it imo. Fyfe will be the best one day but isn't at the moment. Coaches award is the best one ( voting wise )

And Fyfe was going to be a clear winner of the Coaches award until he got suspended for the last two games.

Was going to bump a Selwood thread but most of them have been closed down and starting a new one would lead to inevitably much of the same. A friend of mine (I know, classic line) who plays for the Crows told me that the whole playing list decided to give Joel Selwood no votes in the MVP because of his 'ducking' tactics. He obviously still scooped the most courageous award still, but from what he told me there were players from other clubs who had confirmed they would do the same thing. Bit going around about this with a few of the players. His 8th finish probably goes a fair way to confirming it, is one of the firm favourites for the Brownlow.

Before I get lumped in with his detractors, I actually grew up playing footy with Joel and Scott and have no vendetta or ill words to say about him, just passing on this info. Found it very interesting and thought a few others might too...

Was going to bump a Selwood thread but most of them have been closed down and starting a new one would lead to inevitably much of the same. A friend of mine (I know, classic line) who plays for the Crows told me that the whole playing list decided to give Joel Selwood no votes in the MVP because of his 'ducking' tactics. He obviously still scooped the most courageous award still, but from what he told me there were players from other clubs who had confirmed they would do the same thing. Bit going around about this with a few of the players. His 8th finish probably goes a fair way to confirming it, is one of the firm favourites for the Brownlow.

Before I get lumped in with his detractors, I actually grew up playing footy with Joel and Scott and have no vendetta or ill words to say about him, just passing on this info. Found it very interesting and thought a few others might too...

They said that Selwood didn't attend. Maybe he heard of this and had a sook.

It's obviously not water of a duck's back. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't that debunk the whole theory? I think Selwood would be more honoured to be known as the most courageous than the most valuable.

Bontempelli clearly takes the best first year player crown. Looking at the past winners you'd have to say this holds more credibility than the media award.

Good on good as boy Dunstan getting runner up. Lewis Taylor third

There is the small matter that they actually play the game today against the people they vote for.

I don't think this award is any less legitimate than any other.
They play about 1-2 games a year against the people they vote for. No player watched all of Fyfe's games.

What a crock of shit that is, I'm sure Pods was all over this aswell?
Tell me where you think Joel grew up and played for precisely. Don't just say Bendigo, be precise. I think you're full of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL MVP 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back