AFL players probed over fight

Remove this Banner Ad

JeffDunne said:
Greg Swann is a laugh.

"When deciding if we should suspend them this week . . . . we need to ask if they can help us win the game . . . " (paraphrasing)

LMFAO.

I guess its debatable whether Tarrant can help Collingwood win games.

Palmer Stoat said:
Arggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh! They. Keep. Pulling. Me. Back. In.

For the last time, THIS is the argument.

You want them hung, drawn, and quartered on a newspaper report. The rest of us want to wait and see what the police say and, if it goes that far, what the courts say.

It's called presumption of innocence. I give it to anyone not proven guilty. Apparently you don't.

THAT'S THE ARGUMENT.

Presumption. Of. Innocence.

Presumption.
Of.
Innocence.

If you still don't understand, then I give up.

[For my own sanity, I'm going to log off now. You clowns are doing my head in.]

Dont be so naive.

If this was Richmond or Essendon players under the pump, you and your kind would be getting stuck right into them.

You're best to just shut up instead of looking like a hypocrite.

JeffDunne said:
Greg Swann is a laugh.

"When deciding if we should suspend them this week . . . . we need to ask if they can help us win the game . . . " (paraphrasing)

LMFAO.

So basically Collingwood have the Chad Morrison rule (i.e. for duds) and the Nathan Buckley rule (i.e. for match winners)?

Seem to recall the odd Collingwood supporter suggesting that the Eagles lacked discipline and were soft on their star players ....

Of course it will take 24 hours to figure out which rule should apply to Tarrant - who seems like he should be a match winner but is, more often than not, just a dud.

The Dice Man said:
Dont be so naive.

If this was Richmond or Essendon players under the pump, you and your kind would be getting stuck right into them.

Also, Gardiner was never charged with drug use, yet everyone has verbally lashed the bejeezus out of him. Where's his presumption?

The Dice Man said:
Dont be so naive.

And if it was a Richmond player you'd be defending him too :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cassius_Clay said:
And if it was a Richmond player you'd be defending him too :)

Actually I wouldn't. I'd refrain from posting about it until I knew the facts, or as close to as possible.

If it was found players from my club had gangbashed someone Id be mighty disappointed and ashamed as Ive been gangbashed leaving a nightclub in Melbourne before and suffered 2 broken bones from it.

just on sen then...both are expected to face court and will be facing jail terms if convicted...up to 5 years max :) go roos!

I dont see an issue with there being different levels of punishments for different levels of incidents.

Right now, Tarrant and Johnson are guilty only of breaking the team curfew.

Morrisson was guilty of something greater than that. As was Cousins, Sampi, Gardiner, Anguin, etc etc etc.

Until something more is alleged and either accepted or proven as guilty, then why should the punishment be more heavy handed?

The Dice Man said:
Dont be so naive.

What am I being 'naive' about? And WTF is my 'kind'?

The fact is, you pillock, you don't know SFA about me, or about what my 'kind' is. Which is really what this entire thread is about: people jumping to conclusions without having all the information. I don't bother piling on to Richmond or Essendon when there's one of the twice-daily BF feeding frenzies. That's not what I'm interested in.

To me, this is about principle (innocent till proven guilty), not stupid club partisanship. Some things are bigger than football, you dullard. And if you're gonna accuse me of hypocrisy, how about some proof?

Oh, hold on, I forgot. You don't need proof to make accusations, do you?

JeffDunne said:
Greg Swann is a laugh.

LMFAO.
Why is that funny? That is the correct approach. Your take on it but IMO the correct approach anyway. At this point I don't know the full extent of their involvement or the ramifications. As a member I want the club to make football decisions. Longer term issues will involve weighing up a lot of issues by the look of it but at this point they should play IMO.

Palmer Stoat said:
What am I being 'naive' about? And WTF is my 'kind'?

The fact is, you pillock, you don't SFA about me, or about what my 'kind' is. Which is really what this entire thread is about: people jumping to conclusions without having all the information. I don't bother piling on to Richmond or Essendon when there's one of the twice-daily BF feeding frenzies. That's not what I'm interested in.

To me, this is about principle (innocent till proven guilty), not stupid club partisanship. Some things are bigger than football, you dullard. And if you're gonna accuse me of hypocrisy, how about some proof?

Oh, hold on, I forgot. You don't need proof to make accusations, do you?

By your kind I meant Collingwood supporters.

And I dont recall making any accusations whatsoever in this thread, and you have the gall to call me a dullard:rolleyes:

Perhaps you've confused me with someone else in your frenzied and desperate defence of a dog act.

statsman74 said:
I dont see an issue with there being different levels of punishments for different levels of incidents.

Right now, Tarrant and Johnson are guilty only of breaking the team curfew.

Morrisson was guilty of something greater than that. As was Cousins, Sampi, Gardiner, Anguin, etc etc etc.

Until something more is alleged and either accepted or proven as guilty, then why should the punishment be more heavy handed?

Didn't Collingwood punish Morrison before he pleaed guilty in court?

If they are charged with a serious offence what would you expect your club to do?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL players probed over fight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back