AFL Power Rankings 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the change to bet on every game? That's not very intelligent betting.
But increasing it from $2 worth of bets to $4 really isn't that much of a difference.

enjoy these rankings.

i think that they are not that far off for this year. a couple of teams to slide, a couple to bolt.

not too dissimilar with some expert predictions for the season.

I don't release the points because these are the best rankings system on the planet and therefore I don't want someone who is either as clever or move clever than me (unlikely) to deduce how they are calculated.
3e0f6e30-7c5f-4b02-880c-8360bc85a4ab_zps2ca49233.jpg

You've got to be shitting me.

enjoy these rankings.

i think that they are not that far off for this year. a couple of teams to slide, a couple to bolt.

not too dissimilar with some expert predictions for the season.

Yep, I've lost count of the number of experts predicting Crows 3rd and us 16th...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will seldom reply on Saturday night, in fact it almost never but tonight is the exception to the rule: only two games tonight.

Why the change to bet on every game? That's not very intelligent betting.

The more bets, the more money the rankings make.

How can you review every umpiring decision every week?

Doesn't than mean you would have to stop and rewatch every contest a number of times to make sure you haven't missed a possible infringement.

It takes the umpires 8-10 hours to review a game that's up to 90hrs a week reviewing decisions.

8-10 hours? How do you know this? Are they watching the game at quarter speed? Either they are doing something else besides reviewing decisions, or they're doing it all wrong.

Roby never sleeps.

Like Da Vinci I only sleep a few hours a day.

There is no team called The Kangaroos Roby.

There is here.

Welcome back mate, already off to a flying start.

Seem so.

Betting Tips

This year the betting tips will be a little different, we're betting on all of the games! Also the amounts will be increased in some games. If you've been following it since 2011 you should have a bit of superannuation fund going.

Collingwood vs Fremantle (-7.5) – $1.5 @ $1.92 Luxbet

Gold Coast vs Richmond (+14.5) - $1.5 @ $1.92 Sportsbet

Gold Coast vs Richmond (+12.5) - $1 @ $2 Topsport

Carlton vs Port Adelaide (-8.5) - $1 @ $2 Topsport

GWS vs Sydney – Handicap (+50.5) - $1 @ $1.92 Sportsbet

Tips for Round 1

Fremantle

Sydney

Gold Coast

Carlton

Long term tips

Adelaide Top 4 $1 @ $6.75 Sportsbet

Fremantle Premiers $1 @ $5.4 Betfair

Fremantle/Hawthorn GF Quinella $1 @ $11 Sportsbet

Gold Coast Final 8 $1 @ $4 Betstar

West Coast Miss top 8 $2 @ $2.05 Tomwaterhouse

If Buddy does an ACL how far does Sydney fall down the rankings?

Edit: This is not an injury troll just trying to get insight into the value placed on Buddy for the Swans.

They won't. Not unless North thrash Essendon next week. Buddy is only one player and only worth 3% of their ranking points, but they will probably lose 2-3 more games if Buddy were not to play. If he had gone to GWS he would be worth 9% of their ranking points. Ironic.

I have a model which predicts the final ladder, Sydney is currently on 16 wins (including the GWS loss now) but three more losses would see them out of the eight. But that could be way off if the competition has evened up, maybe only 11 wins is needed. Sydney most crucial game is North at SCG in round four, they need to win that otherwise their season is over.

I
There is here.

Kind of all calls your whole system into question if you can't even get the team names right.

Kind of all calls your whole system into question if you can't even get the team names right.

No it doesn't. Names don't affect the mathematics. But just so you know...

The North Melbourne Football Club, nicknamed The Kangaroos, is the fourth oldest Australian rules football club in the Australian Football League and is one of the oldest sporting clubs in Australia and the world. Wikipedia

There is also a team called the "Bulldogs".

The max is thirteen.

No it doesn't. Names don't affect the mathematics. But just so you know...

The North Melbourne Football Club, nicknamed The Kangaroos, is the fourth oldest Australian rules football club in the Australian Football League and is one of the oldest sporting clubs in Australia and the world. Wikipedia

There is also a team called the "Bulldogs".

The max is thirteen.

Yes, but we are the North Melbourne Football Club, and as you astutely point out with the unimpeachable weight of wikipedia behind you, "Kangaroos" is our nickname.

The Western Bulldogs is the name of that club. They formally changed it. WE changed to The Kangaroos and then changed back.

If you want your Power Rankings to be taken credibly, I'd suggest you amend this egregious error on your part.

Just looked back through the end of the 2013 thread, confirms that bets increased in size in order to cover earlier losses.
I also made the point of comparing how just putting $1 on each home team at head to head odds would do in comparison to the power rankings betting.
I will try to do this from next week taking odds only from sportsbet.com.au at the time that I post. (it would be unfair to retrospectively start knowing the GWS win).

I've seen Roby at work before.

GWS' win will see them drop at least one spot in the rankings - he'll drop us to 19th, putting us below the white maggots. And that means it's damn lucky we're ahead of The Bye, which only managed one solitary but famous win against Port Adelaide in their entire history.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Power Rankings 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back