Status
Not open for further replies.

demon_fanatic

Premiership Player
May 8, 2006
bayswater
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey guys i think there's some value in some games to hit if you do a bit of research and read into the coaches comments.. eg Adelaide 1.75 vs EAGLES seems great, as Simpson has indicated he will more than likely rest his older players due to the flight and take over a youthful/new recruits kind of team, and play the other guys in the final 2 games.. Opposite applies to Adelaide, they fly West next week to take on Freo so you'd think this will be the game they go strong as it's at home.... thoughts??

Eagles' coach Adam Simpson said last week it was likely his senior players would be rested from the first NAB Challenge clash to avoid the travel. But he planned to give most of the players in his squad at least two matches ahead of round one.

Yep, Port the past 2 years have played the most inexperienced squad available in their first NAB challenge game. 2014 Port were thumped by the Crows and 2015 were smacked by Richmond. The noise coming from Alberton is that we will again be sending a young squad for the first game. Meanwhile it sounds like Sydney will at least have a handful of recognised players. The $1.75 for Sydney seems like way overs and i imagine will drop to $1.20 or lower once squads are announced.

giphy.gif

NAB Challenge is the best time of the year. Plenty of value to be had if you pay attention to what the coaches say and the club websites. I also managed to get 14U on Fremantle @ 1.82 after the teams were announced because the bookies were really slow to react.

NAB Challenge is the best time of the year. Plenty of value to be had if you pay attention to what the coaches say and the club websites. I also managed to get 14U on Fremantle @ 1.82 after the teams were announced because the bookies were really slow to react.

Yep. Both Sydney and ADL were amazingly paying about $1.75 yesterday. Was pretty common knowledge their opponents were going to be sending depleted squads. Both paying under $1.20 today after the announcement of the squads.

14U? Yesterday? what book was this?

I tried to get on almost immediately after the squads were announced and couldn't

14U? Yesterday? what book was this?

I tried to get on almost immediately after the squads were announced and couldn't

bet365 and Palmerbet.

They took the markets down much earlier today but bet365 still had the Sydney/Port Adelaide market up after the Port squad had been announced. I should have jumped on but stupidly waited to see the Sydney squad.

bet365 and Palmerbet.

They took the markets down much earlier today but bet365 still had the Sydney/Port Adelaide market up after the Port squad had been announced. I should have jumped on but stupidly waited to see the Sydney squad.
I tried 365 yesterday but no luck, markets were gone in minutes.

Can't bet at Palmerbet, they're a pack of *********.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got on 1.5U on Hawks at 1.67 around mid second quarter, looking pretty decent right now.

Win, once the Hawks got up by 2 quick goals this never looked like losing, fairly risk free as the Blues odds were always going to be high enough to hedge anyway. I may look at using this technique for the rest of the Nab although it relies on underdogs getting an early lead.

Having said that, Tigers at +40.5 looks pretty good for tomorrow, freo barely ever win nab games and we can't flog a team in the real season let alone when our skills are going to be subpar in the NAB, if we do dominate then we will probably kick like 20 behinds.

Last edited:
Yep. Both Sydney and ADL were amazingly paying about $1.75 yesterday. Was pretty common knowledge their opponents were going to be sending depleted squads. Both paying under $1.20 today after the announcement of the squads.
Put them both in a multi yesterday and just checked it sb is already offering me a cash out paying $17 profit if I cash out now

Last edited:
Yea, I like Freo 1-39 @2.50
Even though you say freo struggle with NAB games, its hard to see freo losing with freo playing most of their guns and Richmond not sending their best to the west.
2.75 at WillHill

I'm all over it.

Got on Richmond +42.5 @ 1U. Seems too good to pass up, doubt Freo can cause that kind of damage.
Not a bad bet.

Betting against Freo at the handicap seems to be a BigFooty favourite, so I can see a few people tailing you.

Richmond named a depleted side against the Bulldogs in the NAB Cup last year at the Whitten Oval, and until the last five minutes they were actually leading. Richmond also tend to travel well. I can definitely see them getting within seven goals. Then again, it is the NAB Cup, so I wouldn't be betting much more than one unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back