Game Day AFL Qualifying Final - Matchday Discussion Collingwood v Geelong(MCG – 7:50PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmon Pois!!!

Geelong are sh*t and I want us to knock them out in straight sets then take Kelly off of them in the offseason just to really rub it in.
Couldn't think of a better finals series than to see our teams working together to kick the Cats out in straight sets, on the way to a GF rematch. Carn the Pies!

Thrilled to have your support lads. Your mob is the only one I want to see on grand final day. We'll do our bit tonight and you can finish the job next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that’s it, I can’t possibly do anything more at work today can’t stop thinking about tonight.
Pumped for this, we come switched on and I have no doubt we win, must use that run and quick ball movement, the cats will have no answer.
Redemption for 2018 begins now!

Hurry up 5pm so I can launch into beers and finals footy!!!!

Peter Ruan writes an article called "atonement" and it's about Geelong. Evidently, they are to atone for losing to Melbourne last year. So evidently, this "atonement" somehow wins out against our "atonement". What a crock of crap... If you're a sports writer and you are giving a reason for a team winning and this is the best you can come up with, then let's go straight to wrapping up the fish and chips... for youngsters, they used to do that in the dark ages.

Then he talks about seismic shattering list changes, which involved the introduction of a couple of solid players and a few youngsters into the forward line. The fact is Rohan started out like a house on fire and has reverted to his normal self. To a lesser extent, Jailhouse has done the same. The old midfield which was replaced by the new young midfield has gone back to work. Young guys like Clark and COnstable who were part of this seismic change, have drifted off form and have been replaced by the same old. The only thing that is a constant is their excellent defence and if we insist on kicking the ball high into the forward line, we will probably lose because of it.

The rest of Ryan's article rests on quoting players and former players. I am waiting on a player or a former player to say "I think we'll lose". We dont even get objectivity from former players when they are asked about their old side, even if they are paid to be objective.

To me, the game will depend on how well we can crack their defence and whether Stanley can replicate what he did in round 1. Win the contested ball and we win, so the stats say. Sounds a better bet than trusting atonement and the opinions of a few old players.

If not allowed delete but I can't make it tonight and have a level 1 ticket. Don't want it to go to waste so can have it for what I paid. Pm me if keen

I'm looking forward to tonight's game as a neutral, 95,000 at the home of footy with both sides at full strength promises to be a ripper contest. :thumbsu:

absolutely, nervous and excited, but from a neutral perspective you will get a cracking game, hard to see it not being a close contest

Question from a Canberra supporter - how's there weather looking down there?

Things looking proper dicey now. It rained for a bit and is now steadily drizzling. The sky's looking ominous.

I dunno about you mob but I'm getting a bit...

View attachment 741282

You should get that looked at. Doesn't look healthy.

Cmon Pois!!!

Geelong are sh*t and I want us to knock them out in straight sets then take Kelly off of them in the offseason just to really rub it in.

I like you! :moustache:

I am actually really calm, not sure why, could be the cricket is taking up it's fair share of nervousness perhaps.

We find out if we can win the flag tonight, I don't see the loser from tonight winning the flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back