AFL Queensland - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a long season for the hornets unless they have some quality goal scoring forwards up there sleeve.Ruck another problem area from last nights game.At least they are fitter than last year and ran the game out strongly.A win is a win

I thought that was pretty harsh Chikka. I was at the Game and i thought Aspley controlled the game for at least 70 to 80% of the game. It was from Aspleys mistakes that the labs got the ball and scored most times. The game was played in bad conditons and for Aspley to have double the amount of shots was a good result. The main concern for Aspley will be there ruck, however when you have ball winners like they did on the weekend around the ball (bush, shir, Sheehan) you may be able to get away with that.

I thought that was pretty harsh Chikka. I was at the Game and i thought Aspley controlled the game for at least 70 to 80% of the game. It was from Aspleys mistakes that the labs got the ball and scored most times. The game was played in bad conditons and for Aspley to have double the amount of shots was a good result. The main concern for Aspley will be there ruck, however when you have ball winners like they did on the weekend around the ball (bush, shir, Sheehan) you may be able to get away with that.
They won't get away with it against the likes of gough from morningside,mcauley from brisbane lions,spida everitt from labrador if he plays,hill and co from vultures.With the likes of lillico,shelton(morningside),payne,wise(southport)pratt,evans,gilliland(mt gravatt) getting plenty of quality 1st use of the ball from these talented ruckman then aspley will need a quality ruckman otherwise scores in the vicinity of 150 plus will be conceded like last year and i am sure all aspley players and supporters will not want that again.

Whats everyones thoughts for the upcoming season who will finish where, and who is too look out for this year?

Has any of the teams recruited better than others for this season
morningside,southport,lions,mt gravatt and nt will be the top 5 with morningside making it back to back.

Sitting in the coaches box in fact Dr - best spot to have an opinion from.

Sitting in the coaches box in fact Dr - best spot to have an opinion from.

And from all the games that i have saw over the past two weeks i think i might have an early prediction (still have not seen NT) in no particular order.

Morningside, Mt G, NT, Bris Lions, Aspley

Redlands and southport to miss.

will be interesting to see this weeks matches. who is playing who and where?

Could be a long season for the hornets unless they have some quality goal scoring forwards up there sleeve.
I see Sean Tighe kicked three on the weekend - the only bloke on the ground to kick multiple goals. Decent start and could be capable of kicking goals if played solely as a forward this year?

And from all the games that i have saw over the past two weeks i think i might have an early prediction (still have not seen NT) in no particular order.

You are kidding yourself by saying southport will miss finals action.Hope you are right but no way in hell will that happen.Aspley no chance

I wouldn't be reading much into practice match form, diferent clubs are tryin to get different things out of them.

Some clubs trying to win and get confidence, others looking for who they are going to cull. maybe look to the last week of practice matches otherwise save your breath.

Southport will definitely be thereabouts as will NT I think.

The panthers may have a handy addition in the next month or so,work committments allowing.Big name x northern/zillmere eagle afl player.This bloke can play.Jack Lawler due back within the first 4 weeks of the competition.Who do they leave out of there premiership team,with Aaron Rogers filling in for Ben Gibson if he decides not to play.

The panthers may have a handy addition in the next month or so,work committments allowing.Big name x northern/zillmere eagle afl player.This bloke can play.Jack Lawler due back within the first 4 weeks of the competition.Who do they leave out of there premiership team,with Aaron Rogers filling in for Ben Gibson if he decides not to play.

Probably one of the fat blokes in the coaches box who writes this stuff

Redland just smashed Morningside by 7 goals. Morningside missing 2 senior players, Redland missing 6.

Everybody continues to write them off much like they did last year, but they will be up there again in '10.

I find it hard to comprehend that the Magpies have not recruited more quality players. They certainly have more money than Mt Gravatt and Morningside, both of who seem to find quality recruits on the cheap. You would think the fact that they didn't win a game last year would be a slight motivation to get some recruits.

In the practice game last night Mt Gravatt beat Redlands by about 3-4 goals. Morrison kicked 6 and dominated whoever was playing on him. The Vultures were very impressive in the first and last qtr's and looked very sharp for first game of the season. I think Carse and Charlesworth were the only two notable players missing from Redlands. If this is the case, I would be a bit worried down at viccy point as the bombers really struggled against the run of mt gravatt and were quite sloppy - granted it is first game of the season

Redland were missing 8 senior players for that match. 2 of them returned for the Morningside clash (Carse and Overs) and the Bombers do a 180. Still plenty of improvement to come...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Redland were missing 8 senior players for that match. 2 of them returned for the Morningside clash (Carse and Overs) and the Bombers do a 180. Still plenty of improvement to come...

That there is Mongrel_Punt and although it was a practice you could see Morningside were serious about the game and not happy.

Would you care to list the names of the players missing outside of carse the downhill skier and overs?

seem to know alot about the redland list.

be interesting to see who they have picked up.

Off the top of my head Ghirardello, Salter, O'Shea, Charlesworth, Rees and Manzone amoungst others.

Redland also had 20 kids playing in the Bushies V Kookas U18 grand final on saturday. Amazing talent coming through the ranks.

Anyone who doesn't think they will be up there this year is kidding themselves.

Off the top of my head Ghirardello, Salter, O'Shea, Charlesworth, Rees and Manzone amoungst others.

Redland also had 20 kids playing in the Bushies V Kookas U18 grand final on saturday. Amazing talent coming through the ranks.

Anyone who doesn't think they will be up there this year is kidding themselves.

Watt and Marguccio as well.

I am predicting Aspley to make the grand final. Not sure if they can win it though. Bushy reckons they will be round abouts.

I am predicting Aspley to make the grand final. Not sure if they can win it though. Bushy reckons they will be round abouts.
What drugs are you on?They have won 2 pre season games,which is good for the club but remember broadbeach had half of there team stay on the coast to go surfing the big surf.Bring on the main season,then we will see which teams will stand up

What drugs are you on?They have won 2 pre season games,which is good for the club but remember broadbeach had half of there team stay on the coast to go surfing the big surf.Bring on the main season,then we will see which teams will stand up

i am tipping those players would be 2's players. aspley were better than a 3 win team last year. they will be looking to be on the fringe of the 5 this year and they will cause a few upsets this year

i am tipping those players would be 2's players. aspley were better than a 3 win team last year. they will be looking to be on the fringe of the 5 this year and they will cause a few upsets this year
Damo,you should no better.6 regular senior players didn't play,2 of them state players.Aspley will have to improve from the amount of money they have spent on recruitment or there football committee should resign which will be a good thing.What happened to the development of local juniors?Aspley always spruik they have heap of juniors,so where are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back