AFL Queensland - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck Chikka with seeing justice done, no-one from AFLQ on flight over apart from one umpire

I think you can get hold of the video and the missed behind was in the last 5 minutes of the game, while you are at it you can select the Syd Guilford points !!

Tigers vs Hornets - Tigers won't let this slip at home
Bombers vs Lions -
Thunder vs Magpies - Thunder to overcome the cold weather in the Red Centre, the 'jinx' and the 'hoodoo'!
Vultures vs Cats - Vultures are up and running
Panthers vs Sharks - Sharks won't lose two in a row and I think the Panthers will try for 'Goughy' but just fall short

Did you mean to say Panthers won't lose 2 in a row Oddball?

What to do now.?Magpies definately kicked a point in the last qtr(internet shows they kicked 4 goals strait.Even coach Davis admits they kicked a point after doing his match review.

Chicka,

You and a few others, I would say will be hard done by with this position if it is not revisited, I tend to remember that the GC-17 now Suns had a simular fate last season in the TAC Cup when one of the goal umpires failed to write down a goal scored and the score was flaged off at the end of the game with the GC-Suns lossing by 5 points.

Then with this the tape was veiwed by both sides officials and the mistake was picked up and the oppossing team agreed the goal was missed and the GC-Suns were awarded the points (which got them into the eight).

I think the same process should be used in this case by the AFLQ management, it could very well decide 4th & 5th spot on the ladder, but I doubt this.

The precident has been set so the score should be ammended and your bet should be paid.

Chikka

I see the score has been adjusted on the web-site ! Does that mean you are a winner.
Perhaps you should donate towards the Magpies end of season trip. Their efforts in the last quarter got you over the line

Does anyone believe that Vossy would drop Fev and could you see Fev lining up to play for the reserves at Cooparoo

I think you can get hold of the video and the missed behind was in the last 5 minutes of the game, while you are at it you can select the Syd Guilford points !![/quote]

What, the votes aren't organised prior to the game..... :rolleyes:

Interesting very interesting was at the game on the weekend Aspley v Lab and noticed the votes on the QAFL site. i don't understand how a player can get 4 touches in the second half when the game needs to be won and get votes. have a look at the tape?

Who does the voting? makes sense thier organised. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I'm predicting that the tipping competion standings will not change much as a result of this weekend. What is M. Bird offering?

Interesting very interesting was at the game on the weekend Aspley v Lab and noticed the votes on the QAFL site. i don't understand how a player can get 4 touches in the second half when the game needs to be won and get votes. have a look at the tape?

Who does the voting? makes sense thier organised. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

i take it your referring to Featherstone.. he was tagged in 2nd half and kept very quiet after a busy 1st half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dr Nogood,who do you give your votes to?

I will be watching the dvd as Mighty Panthers will play finals against Labrador and will be reviewing how Labrador play.

I have seen a lot of QAFL games this year, scratch my head at the votes most weeks.Best comparisons will be the B & F of each club at the end of the year.

Is anyone truly independent, maybe a coaches style voting as the AFL have adopted creates a fairer spread.

I'm predicting that the tipping competion standings will not change much as a result of this weekend. What is M. Bird offering?

2/2 wins for you oddball in the thunder coaching box while you stationed up in Darwin.Much better than Thunderdocs record in Alice Springs.Coach Davis should have you in the box over the next 2 games in Brisbane,then get on the vb's.

Whos box will you be in if Thunder finishes 4th and hosts the dirty vultures in the knock out semi in Darwin?

I have seen a lot of QAFL games this year, scratch my head at the votes most weeks.Best comparisons will be the B & F of each club at the end of the year.

Is anyone truly independent, maybe a coaches style voting as the AFL have adopted creates a fairer spread.

They got it right by giving Bonney 5 votes last week.Super effort by him.Thought Gough would have been in the votes

G'day,
Sorry to put you all off subject. I'm moving to Brisbane at the end of the year from Tasmania for work and will be looking to join a footy club when I arrive. I'll more than likely be working at the children's hospital up there so a club reasonably close would help. Does anyone have any tips? I'm only an average amateur footballer, but have been lucky enough to play 120 odd games with with my club down here, and if a reserves coaching position was up for grabs I'd certainly look at it.
If there are any good league or club websites I'd appreciate a link.
Cheers.

G'day,
Sorry to put you all off subject. I'm moving to Brisbane at the end of the year from Tasmania for work and will be looking to join a footy club when I arrive. I'll more than likely be working at the children's hospital up there so a club reasonably close would help. Does anyone have any tips? I'm only an average amateur footballer, but have been lucky enough to play 120 odd games with with my club down here, and if a reserves coaching position was up for grabs I'd certainly look at it.
Cheers.

There are a few clubs around the area in a few different levels of competition. Best choice may depend on where you plan to shack up.

Best website is www.aflq.com.au to look through the divisions. Southside clubs would be Coorparoo, Morningside or Yeronga. Northside clubs would be Wilston Grange, Kedron or Mayne.

you are assuming the knock semi-final will be in Darwin. From what I have seen of Mt Gravatt over the past 2 years, Thunder have their measure at any ground with the exception of Traegar Park.

The Gardens or Dittmar Park it will be Thunder victory

you are assuming the knock semi-final will be in Darwin. From what I have seen of Mt Gravatt over the past 2 years, Thunder have their measure at any ground with the exception of Traegar Park.

The Gardens or Dittmar Park it will be Thunder victory

Big call Salman, the Vultures in the past few years play their best footy in September unlike the untried Thunder, the game at Graham Road this week will be a big test for the NT side considering their travel record, dont be supprised if they limp back home with no gain,

The one thing I have learn't in the past is that the MT Gravatt footy sides from their U/16's to their seniors have a never give up attitude in finals and the way their team is shaping up to date they are continuing on from last year by starting slow but in reach and now comming home with their sails full.

Add to the above you can't give up on the Bombers just yet as the way Matty has got them playing I think they will have a say in who plays where and who plays who in the September games.

Sides 1-3 in the five are in the box seat at the moment but they must be getting nervous of the 4-5 placings, based on what happened last year and from what I have been told and seen of what these sides have produce lately the whole three of them are beatable on any given big day.

Interesting times ahead with the last four rounds of the season, where all games are must win for these three sides 4, 5 & 6, where it will be curtins for one and a home ground advantage for one other.

Bring on September I can hardly wait.

G'day,
Cheers.

If you are on Northside, depending on what level you are after, Aspley are only northside State League side, and although a bit further a drive Sandgate is best placed side in div down. As for coaching spot depending on your credentials you never know until you ask I guess! Private message if you want more info on either.

Tips for QAFL Round 15

Broadbeach over Aspley
Morningside over Vultures (sorry Chikka)
Labrador over Magpies (Magpies last possible chance of ever winning a QAFL Div 1 game in 2009/2010, but they still won't take the money)
Lions over Thunder
Southport over bombers

Broadbeach Vs Aspley
Vultures Vs Morningside
Labrador Vs Magpies
Lions Vs Thunder
Southport Vs Redland

Morningside in Blairy's 300th game as senior coach.Morrison out for vultures
Labrador in a no brainer
Brisbane
Southport (Redlands big chance in upset though)
Broadbeach ( only because they are playing at home.Would not surprise me if Aspley win)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back