AFL Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I was on carrazo most posseions at $8.95 for group one and simpson at $4.30 for group 2. Only put 10 on each but won $140ish.

So Simpson did win Group 2.

I was looking into him but he is able to put in some absolute shockers so i was put off a bit and left Group 2 alone. I was only able to get 8's for Carrazzo but was happy with that only had a 5'er on him for most possies and had Yarran, Betts and Any other player for most goals but the price was split by 3. Was cheering for Setanta to miss that last goal :) And was hoping Yarran could snare another at 23-1.

I'm by no means a big punter, i just wanted to be interested in the game that i thought would be an absolute blowout!

dropped the following bets

Naitanui (17/1) + Tippet (11/1) @sportingbet- best of the best ruckman superstars

Luke Hodge (7/1) - best of best backman

Sam Mitchell (9/1) best of best midfield

Geelong -28.5pts @ $2.06

1 unit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick question..

What's the difference between St Kilda under 39.5 on the margin and St Kilda - 15.5 on the line?

New to betting.
StK at -15.5 means they have to win by 16 or more. 15.5 is the start they give the Swans.

A couple of optimistic Multi's..

Top Goal Scorer: Ricky Petterd (Melb/Haw) x Giansiracusa (WBD/Coll) @ $1586.

Most Disposals: All Group B - Grimes, McVeigh, Kerr & Swallow @ $866.25.

For me margin betting is rubbish.

I can think of nothing worse than the side you backed leading all game comfortably and then a point or a goal scored 'meaninglessly' after the siren which ruins your bet.

I am a straight win betting man.

Have had the 2 bets so far this round on Carlton and then into Geelong.

I don't do multi's as I prefer to do it manually so as you can withdraw from the bet if you like and take your winnings.

Will be getting on Brisbane for the win tonight.

Good luck people!

Betting on the margin does add value though, tough to make a lot of profit on 1.20/1.30 odds unless you really load up on them. Then you run the risk of an upset and losing a lot of money for the chance of little return.

Yep exactly. You need to get 5/6 right at 1.20 just to break even. A couple of upsets when you have loaded up on the shorties can spell trouble. Instead, you can get half of them right under 40 points and your ahead.

Yeah definitely see your point.

I just like the simplicity of straight betting and not having to stress about rushed behinds etc

Yes it does suck, I was on Essendon at the line last night and they were looking ok but then collapsed. I didn't see the game but it sounds like Geelong kicked a goal in the last minute to **** that line up.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back