AFL ROUND 1

Remove this Banner Ad

So?

A lot of teams treat it as simply match conditioning and others a time to play around with new gameplans, positions etc... Not many actually take it seriously. Those who do are usually younger sides on the improve trying to get their momentum up heading into the season proper.

Sydney, Hawks and West Coast all had terribly average pre-seasons and are the three favourites for the Flag.
History shows if you make it to the GF you are highly likely to carry that momentum to the season proper and play in the finals.

The Crows won the comp in 12 and missed out by a kick of playing in a GF.

History shows if you make it to the GF you are highly likely to carry that momentum to the season proper and play in the finals.

The Crows won the comp in 12 and missed out by a kick of playing in a GF.

I understand that. But I don't think it's an insightful or helpful stat. It stands to reason that improving teams who take the pre-season competition seriously enough to play off in its Grand Final are in good enough shape to be in the top half of the league come season proper.

What is important is that you don't underestimate teams based on poor showings in the NAB Cup as it's more than likely they weren't too worried about winning games.

Season To Date: 2-2 (+1.92U)
Essendon -12.5 @ $4.00 W
Essendon +12.5 @ $1.92 W
West Coast SU @ $1.92 L
West Coast -12.5 @ $3.00 L

This Week:
Richmond -15.5 @ $3.10 (Sportingbet)

Most goals
Jack Riewoldt $2.40
Robin Nahas $15.00
Shaun Hampson $15.00
Dustin Martin $21.00
Mitch Robinson $26.00
Chris Judd $31.00

First Goal (so far)
Lay Shane Edwards $17.50
Lay Brett Deledio $34.00
Lay Daniel Jackson $50.00

More round 1 selections

1u GWS lowest score 3.25
1u Sydney highest score 3.50
1u Brisbane highest score 7.00
1u Sydney line -46.5

YTD 1-0 +.92

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any reason for the odds coming in so much, every year Richmond is hyped for this first game, then Carlton smash them. Anything different this year?
I think there is more confidence around Richmond this season, they SHOULD be coming into a period of success you would think.
Carrazzo missed the final session yesterday and apparently Simpson was seen with a strapped calf this morning, so im not sure if that has cause a few bets on Richmond...

Pardon the ignorance, is the BF Betting group (that was on the home page of BF last year) with its bets of the week - mainly line betting happening this year.

They made quite a bit of money in 2012.

On Carlton. This is the same hype we get every single year. Have a look 12 months ago re the hype of Richmond, before they were smashed in Round 1. Again.
Going to put your money where your mouth is? The odds look pretty juicy if you are correct. ;)

I have $50 on them, but took the odds about a month ago. Wish I had waited to bet closer to the game!
If we had won (or even played decent football) the NAB cup grand final you might have been thinking differently...
It funny what 1 preseason game can do to betting confidence and the odds..

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL ROUND 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back