AFL ROUND 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh bugger, why did i take the impulsive last minute lions 1-39 points after telling myself all week i wasn't going to touch it.
Here's to hoping my Under 185.5 hits.

i don't remember seeing such a huge fav, along with a huge swing in odds (1.90- 1.20ish) lose this badly -25.5 fav losing by 60+, thats nearly a 90pt swing :(

Umm, I distinctly remember this happening the corresponding game last round last year between these two team. It was like Lions $4.00, Doggies $1.25. .
I remember so clearly because I took the Lions 1-39 @ $5, only to see them smash the doggies by 70+.
Remind me never to bet on the game between these two teams ever again.

Oh for goodness sakes!! 186 Total Points. Give me a break! S
haun Higgins point with 10 secs left after the simplest dropped mark by that Brisbane player.
Also, that Daniel Merrett mark 5 mins before was inside the field of play!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So all up for round 1 (bets are recorded through the various threads both on here and Bay13) Just throwing them here so I can keep them together.

(line challenge)
1U - North vs Collingwood -14.5 @ 1.91
1U - Dogs vs Brisbane -13.5 @ 1.91

.5U- Brisbane vs Bulldogs
Melbourne vs Port
Hawthorn vs Geelong @ 8.72

(bay13 $10, lennys $20)
1U - Dogs vs Brisbane @ 1.60
2U - Dogs vs Brisbane @ 1.55

I'll be pretty irked if Brisbane don't come through on this.

GOOD JOB BRISBANE!
You can only laugh really, what a thumping.

Wow, i missed the Betstar $2 favourites promo for Brisbane because it ended after like 5 minutes. Looks like i got lucky on that one. I also missed Saint Kilda @ $2 because my internet cut out, so i would bet on GC everyone :p

I put 1 unit on Brisbane a couple of weeks ago at $1.68. Like most people, I liked them when they were $1.90 but I was too lazy / couldn't be stuffed backing them at that price so far out from the game.

If the game pans out the way I am expecting, I am hoping to put another 1-2 units on Brisbane through live betting during the game, providing their odds get out to $1.90+. All it will take is the Bulldogs holding a lead of about two goals at any stage during the first half for those odds to display.

Ouch!

Why do people hedge on these sort of bets? As soon as you hedge the bet you are giving money straight to the bookie win or lose. If you are placing a 3 leg multi and planning on hedging if the first 2 legs get up then i dont understand why people dont just place a 2 leg multi then outlay a portion of winnings from that on the 3rd bet. Going in knowing you are going to hedge you are just backing both teams at $1.90 which doesnt make sense to me.
Because the odds change.

If by making a 3 leg bet you get a team at $1.90 - is it better to take that team at $1.90 or wait for the first couple of legs and then get the same bet on at $1.30.

Tell me - is it better to get the $1.90 or wait and get the $1.30???

Because the odds change.

If by making a 3 leg bet you get a team at $1.90 - is it better to take that team at $1.90 or wait for the first couple of legs and then get the same bet on at $1.30.

Tell me - is it better to get the $1.90 or wait and get the $1.30???
its pretty clear he was talking about the usual multi types who do a six leg multi paying $30 then get nervous when 5/6 get up and feel the compulsion to hedge to "get something"

If anyone is looking for a pattern in Total Game Points, every game has been over the line this round.

Game / TGP line / TGP result / Over-Under
Adel-Esse / 186.5 / 199 / Over
WC-Frem / 170.5 / 188 / Over
Carl-Rich / 189.5 / 207 / Over
WB-Bris / 184.5 / 186 / Over
GWS-Syd / 175.5 / 182 / Over

I don't have the odds/lines for last year, but last years round 1 games had TP of:
GWS-Syd - 137
Rich-Carl - 206
Haw-Coll - 252
Melb-Bris - 197
GC-Adel - 205
Frem-Geel - 206
North-Esse - 206
WB-WC - 223
Port-StK - 174

2011:
Carl-Rich - 188
Geel-StK - 95
Coll-Port - 235
Adel-Haw - 190
Bris-Frem - 186
Esse-WB - 171
Melb-Syd - 168
WC-North - 180

Only 5 games I would consider low scoring.
Suggests to me that round 1 games can end up being a lot more open compared to once the gritty stuff starts. Teams have lapses etc and goals get kicked. Thinking load up on North/Coll Over 188.5 @ $1.88.
Staying away from GC-St Kilda, Melbourne-Port and Hawks-Geelong but wouldn't be surprised if the first and third went over their respective lines (188.5 and 196.5) as well

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL ROUND 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back