AFL ROUND 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Well there is no pattern to say that two teams will be ****ing shit and have 1/3 of scoring shots as goals..thankfully I stayed away

Actually
its pretty clear he was talking about the usual multi types who do a six leg multi paying $30 then get nervous when 5/6 get up and feel the compulsion to hedge to "get something"
, the reference was a 3 leg multi with Brisbane as the last leg. As Bulldogs drifted and drifted, hedging this exposure got cheaper and cheaper.

All 6 games the + lines hav come in so far ...interesting...

So I guess the + / over maybe worth a crack in the 3 games to come ...

Because the odds change.

If by making a 3 leg bet you get a team at $1.90 - is it better to take that team at $1.90 or wait for the first couple of legs and then get the same bet on at $1.30.

Tell me - is it better to get the $1.90 or wait and get the $1.30???

Ok well there are 2 different points here

a) You have completely missed my point, the odds do not always change in your favour and i was just saying it makes zero sense to go into your multi knowing you are going to hedge on the last leg regardless.

b) How can you get $1.90 by making a 3 leg multi? Im pretty sure your trying to draw a long bow on the Brisbane vs Western Bulldogs game this weekend which has zero to do with what i was actually saying

Funny how things turn out. Luckily I didn't place any live bets, so my overall loss was reduced. It could have been a lot worse.

I was the opposite.

Thought the Lions were too short and had no money on them pre-game, but didn't think they would get thrashed.

So got smashed on live bets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

POST 1

i've got a hedge or not to hedge moment coming up next weekend.
Potential win of just under $600.I need the lions (last leg of a 3 leg multi) to beat the dogs,but I can guarantee a profit if I back the doggies too.

POST 2

Could someone in here please provide for me the link of the Herad Sun's review of the AFL betting over the weekend?

Thanks.

POST 3

i've got a hedge or not to hedge moment coming up next weekend.
Potential win of just under $600.I need the lions (last leg of a 3 leg multi) to beat the dogs,but I can guarantee a profit if I back the doggies too.

Let it ride or hedge at very last minute. I'd lean letting it ride but if dogs blow out more then hedge might not cost much.

POST 4

Easiest option would be to hedge with the Dogs and take the handicap of +39.5 (or take the $1.9 line bet.)

If Lions win by less than 40, you have won 2 bets.

You have got to ask the question why you chose to select the Lions in a multi when your interested in hedging.

As the game draws nearer I expect the Bullies to blow out. This is a must win game for the Lions if they want to be in the 8.

Apart from GWS, GCS the Bullies are arguably the third worst team in the comp although the Power and Demons may challenge that ranking lol.

POST 5 - YOUR POST

Why do people hedge on these sort of bets? As soon as you hedge the bet you are giving money straight to the bookie win or lose. If you are placing a 3 leg multi and planning on hedging if the first 2 legs get up then i dont understand why people dont just place a 2 leg multi then outlay a portion of winnings from that on the 3rd bet. Going in knowing you are going to hedge you are just backing both teams at $1.90 which doesnt make sense to me.

Forgive me if it appears you are talking about the Lions & Dogs! You even reference a 3 leg-multi that the original hedging post was about! And yes, if you had locked in a 3 leg multi early on with the Lions at $1.90 (or close to) given that is where they opened pre NAB Cup - why wouldn't you 'hedge' at game time if you then thought the Dogs were way way over the odds at $3.30 by the time the game came around?

Do you ever trade currencies? Arbitraging on currencies is a widely accepted practice and traders don't 'let it ride' - they lock in the profit. Do you trade shares? Once you buy a share on a belief, do you then force yourself to hold onto the share until the market comes around to your belief - or are you prepared to hedge your position to minimise your losses or ensure a profit?

It's exactly the same thing.

Have been smashing port
$10, $20, $30 a week since the odds came out
Have about $175 @$2.30
And $20 @$2.25 (odds dropped today)

Don't mind Essendon
Have $100 on them at $2.60

Brisbane are the ones though
Got on at $1.60 (should have a month ago at $1.90)

BOOM

2-1
And well in front

Collingwood -8.5 @$2.00

Heath Shaw was in group B most disposals, he was withdrawn from the game with 10 minutes to go before the first bounce. I backed Gibson most disposals at 4.25 In group B, will his price drop a a result of Shaw late out or will I be fully refunded?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL ROUND 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back