AFL Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

I apologise I saw that it was a richmond home game so I assumed it would be in Melbourne. Im disappointed that no one on here realised that I made a mistake and thought that I didn't know cairns wasn't in Melbourne, how dumb could people be. You all act like you have never made a mistake before.

Where did I say westcoast at $1.91 was value? I responded to the $2.22 from the OP and then said $2.33 was even better.

If you're happy taking $1.91 on your 50-50 games, congrats.

You were being a smart ass towards me so I replied with a smart ass comment. So your saying centrebet really wouldn't let you put money on west coast at $2.22 because they were waiting for TAB ?

So your saying centrebet really wouldn't let you put money on west coast at $2.22 because they were waiting for TAB ?

gorilla-having-belly-laugh.jpg

Anyone that liked West Coast, which is almost everyone here would have got 15% less value
We all waited and I personally saw the game as 50-50 so didnt take up the $1.91. It was only Ron who thought $1.91 was ok but he didn't even end up taking it.

You were being a smart ass towards me so I replied with a smart ass comment. So your saying centrebet really wouldn't let you put money on west coast at $2.22 because they were waiting for TAB ?
Luckily for me Centrebet took my massive 3 units at $2.33. I see value there and I will get more on if that price drifts out further.

I have already put 4U on Carlton behinds>goals @2.08 (Centrebet). The Pies opponents last seven scores at the MCG have been:

WBD 8.9
GEE 8.17
WCE 7.11
STK 7.9
MEL 6.5
HAW 9.11
NTH 3.12

With my poor run of late this may be the only bet that I make apart from goalscorers.

1u - GC under 39.5 @ 9.20
1u - GC half time leader @ 5.60

Winnings will be used to drown my sorrows if it occurs. Massive danger game IMO and couldn't refuse that value on Centrebet with the TAB having them at 6s head to head. Jumped on before it comes in.

Richmond are $1.59 goals > behinds against GC, and they're 10-4 this season against all comers. Don't know how they'll go in Cairns though and they kicked 10.14 in Darwin. Obviously the GC's opponents have only gone goals < behinds once.

Can someone explain Centrebet's Box Multi to me. It seems too easy.

I can select 8 head to head winners this week (eg: Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood, West Coast, Melbourne, Sydney, Geelong, Bulldogs). Then I can select the 5 leg multi with 56 combinations and put $1 on each unit. This then comes up with a wager of $56 for a payout of about $254, which are odds of about $5.

So does that mean if at least 5 of my 8 tips get up, which is quite likely, I make a $200 profit. Seems too good to be true. Where's my flaw?

Can someone explain Centrebet's Box Multi to me. It seems too easy.

I can select 8 head to head winners this week (eg: Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood, West Coast, Melbourne, Sydney, Geelong, Bulldogs). Then I can select the 5 leg multi with 56 combinations and put $1 on each unit. This then comes up with a wager of $56 for a payout of about $254, which are odds of about $5.

So does that mean if at least 5 of my 8 tips get up, which is quite likely, I make a $200 profit. Seems too good to be true. Where's my flaw?

Nah. 5 leg boxed multi means if you choose 5 legs @52 combos you are betting on all combos within those 5 legs. ie all 4 leg, 3 leg and 2 leg combos. If you only get 1 wrong this will pay out a 4 leg, a couple of 3 legs and a few 2 leggers.
Muck around with it on centrebet. You can click on the combos as well to see what they are.

I reckon $12 for 0-82000 in the Carlton/Collingwood crowd market at Sportsbet is value.

Live against the gate now that it's sold out, and with a massive number of reserved seat members between teh two clubs there's a fair chance that with it going to be cold and potentially wet they'll want to stay home

I have already put 4U on Carlton behinds>goals @2.08 (Centrebet). The Pies opponents last seven scores at the MCG have been:

WBD 8.9
GEE 8.17
WCE 7.11
STK 7.9
MEL 6.5
HAW 9.11
NTH 3.12

With my poor run of late this may be the only bet that I make apart from goalscorers.

Yeah I may play this on game day. Carlton this year at the G

11.8**** Collingwood.
28.16**** RIchmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon $12 for 0-82000 in the Carlton/Collingwood crowd market at Sportsbet is value.

Live against the gate now that it's sold out, and with a massive number of reserved seat members between teh two clubs there's a fair chance that with it going to be cold and potentially wet they'll want to stay home

Geez the $12 is tempting, but I don't reckon its a chance at all, if they got 83,000 to the richmond-essendon dreamtime game, then they will be well over 82,000 for a blockbuster collingwood-carlton game

just spent way too long researching past crowds. Then realised that the game is saturday afternoon not night, making most of the research inaccurate, but for what its worth anyway:

round 3 - collingwood v carlton, friday night, live on tv, crowd: 88,000
round 5 - collingwood v essendon, saturday afternoon (anzac day), live on tv, crowd: 89,000
round 8 - collingwood v geelong, friday night, live on tv, freezing cold, windy, rainy night, crowd: 81,691

do with that whatever you want, but personally i reckon the unders may be a little bit of value now, mostly because of the saturday afternoon factor, which generally leads to smaller crowds than night games.

sportsbet & ias have moved the under 82,000 into $9.00 now tho

just spent way too long researching past crowds. Then realised that the game is saturday afternoon not night, making most of the research inaccurate, but for what its worth anyway:

round 3 - collingwood v carlton, friday night, live on tv, crowd: 88,000
This game was also the unfurling of our Premiership flag (god I love saying that!) which no doubt would've increased the crowd.

Under 82k is still good value at $9 IMO.

Time to do a bomb threat at richmond and flinders st station.

Just parking a semi trailer on the crossing at Reservoir Station should be enough to stop 10,000 Carlton fans from attending.

Even 1.40 for the dogs is good let alone if booma doesnt play but cant see roos winning either way. I might bank pies,dogs and sydney and have eagles with a small points amount on 1 ticket and bombers head to head on another

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back