MRP / Trib. AFL Round 18 findings - Scott Thompson's hit on Johnson at the opening bounce

Remove this Banner Ad

Gogeelong

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Johnson was targeted from the first bounce.
He lasted 3 seconds with what looked like a head high
Blood from the mouth.
HOW QUICK IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

our players cop weeks for FA, Scarlett, Bartel etc
lets see this time AFL???????
They have shown it many times on the TV yet say there was nothing in it.

How many weeks does SJ get for not showing a duty of care to an AFL player (himself) for recklessly running past the contest and into another player?

Tom Harley you absolutely shithouse commentator.

'Nothing in it' - So bumping someone in the jaw causing a split lip and almost knocking him out and there is 'nothing in it'.

There was nothing in it.

Watch the replay, it was johnsons error.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people in here clearly haven't been watching the game for the past few years.

If you elect to bump someone and make contact with the head then you are held liable for your actions.

"I don't agree with your opinion therefore you are biased".

Not at all.

What did thompson do to initiate the contact?

He was standing still looking straight at the ball, johnson got shoved towards the ball and ran straight into him. Thompson put his arm in at the last second for protection. It was just unfortunate. He did not "target" anyone.

Of course he hit him high, but it wasnt malicious at all.

I swear SJ did not smile all game on the bench. Sat there looking glum and depressed.

Reckon he thinks he could be out for the Hawks game?

His body language didn't bode well at all. I got the same feeling.

Of course, he could've just been nursing a bad headache!
SJ's an easygoing bloke, would have cracked a couple of winks or a smile regardless of his headache. Was frowning the whole time, doesn't look good at all.

Definitely hope otherwise. If he doesn't play, we're shot!

I would be frustrated if it was a crows player, but all Thompson really did was protect himself, is Thompson expected to stand there and just let SJ run straight into him? After seeing what happend with Waters and Tippett it couldve been a very similar incident of heads clashing, I really dont know what other choice Thompson had

Don't think Thompson should get suspended, he didn't even see SJ and was clearly surprised when he saw him on the ground

Johnson was targeted from the first bounce.
He lasted 3 seconds with what looked like a head high
Blood from the mouth.
HOW QUICK IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

our players cop weeks for FA, Scarlett, Bartel etc
lets see this time AFL???????
They have shown it many times on the TV yet say there was nothing in it.

Your an idiot

Nothing in it. The best excersice to get an unbiased view is to reverse the teams and imagine it was sj cleaning up Thompson then making up your mind, I would be an angry adelaide fan if that gets weeks.
The Ziebel precedent says there was something in it and he MUST go for weeks.

That incident has the potential to cost us so much....look at the facts, our best player down at start of game and then copping another injury at half time and being a man down for remainder of match. In such a crucial match for us that was just so critical and Adelaide had a great third quarter on the back of us being without SJ and being a man down. Hopefully he gets up for the Hawks game!

But it was negligent, high and had repercussions, he had his eyes off the ball and was in the process of raising the elbow as he followed through. Yes, it wasn't a complete snipe, but he simply must go and Jack Ziebel has every right to protest the AFL MRP if he doesn't.

SJ's an easygoing bloke, would have cracked a couple of winks or a smile regardless of his headache. Was frowning the whole time, doesn't look good at all.

Definitely hope otherwise. If he doesn't play, we're shot!

It'll definitely hurt if he's out next week. He adds so much run to our midfield, and is a weapon up forward.

Just hoping a headache and slight concussion meant he wasn't himself on the bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. AFL Round 18 findings - Scott Thompson's hit on Johnson at the opening bounce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back