Preview AFL Round 21 - West Coast v Geelong, Subiaco, 5:40PM local (7:40PM AET) Saturday 17 August

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not Chappy as sub? Perfect entree back to AFL?

Ok, you tell him he's the sub and Varcoe's playing!!.......... suppose as long as Chappy's got the subs vest we can always pull him!
This game is a real biggie in terms of our finals chances, no team selection stuff ups from now on or we've killed it!

Ok, you tell him he's the sub and Varcoe's playing!!.......... suppose as long as Chappy's got the subs vest we can always pull him!
This game is a real biggie in terms of our finals chances, no team selection stuff ups from now on or we've killed it!
I didn't mention Varcoe...

I didn't mention Varcoe...
Meto has a constant thrum in the back of his head that whispers "Varcoe, Varcoe, Varcoe" like a broken record. Unfortunately he deems it worthy to repeat out loud.

This week we need good pace. I'd say Murdoch and Taylor Hunt are both a chance to come in with Varcoe a chance to go out or start as sub. Chappy should be brought in and, ideally, played forward. I want one of him or Steve Johnson in the forward line at all times. I do wonder whether they'll rest Hawkins, though on past evidence I'd assume not. If they rest him bring in Mitch Brown and start Harry Taylor up forward with the option of switching him down back for one of Brown/Rivers if either isn't doing their job.

Josh Hunt should be a chance to come in to lock up a small forward too and West should come in for Walker. Horlin-Smith a chance too. I have no idea who should go out of the team but I reckon the names I've mentioned all should be at the very least looked at for this week.

1 from 3 will do the same thing.

First place is far from decided. If Collingwood wins this week, Hawthorn could easily be playing against Sydney for a home qualifying final in Round 23. The only way to guarantee a home final is to win all our remaining games, because we don't know where anyone else is going to finish, at this stage.

But they wont beat us this weekend.
Dont even worry about it.

Cats have been in a loading phase btw. :D I bet Partridge will love to hear that.

But they wont beat us this weekend.
Dont even worry about it.

Cats have been in a loading phase btw. :D I bet Partridge will love to hear that.

A Bombers poster suggested the same thing after their loss yesterday. Poor bugger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ha ha.

Bartel was questioned on Friday about the Hawks and if their loss was worrying.
He said no, they're probably in a loading phase.
He was asked if the cats were in a loading phase and he said yes.

From what I read about the senior and VFL game - surely we need to bring GHS into the side for Stringer. Has so much more potential and is a more likely player who could add more to the team than Stringer.

As far as Varcoe goes reckon it is worth a swap with Murdoch so we keep pace in the team. I have not been overly impressed with Murdoch in the seniors but he has some good moments. So far Varcoe has done very little. So do not see us losing anything there.

Varcoe may yet get some form in the VFL.

JHunt may yet get a senior gig.

Chappy to come back if not reported.

So I hope to see in the next week or two - GHS, Murdoch, JHunt and Chappy in the team and see how they go.

If THunt plays well in the twos again - he may yet a get a senior game as well.

If Varcoe plays 2 good games in the VFL then he can get a senior game.

Time running out.

I have no idea about the rucks - nearly seems a lost cause.

Anyway, we will get rolled next week, of this I have little doubt. WCE will bring their AAA game as middle of the road teams tend to do against us and we'll be a bit flat, get awkward bounces, some weird frees against at bad times, suffer some freak WCE goals from middling players (someone inconspicuous will kick a career best bag) and miss crucial chances to go down by 13.
Spot on.:thumbsu:

From what I read about the senior and VFL game - surely we need to bring GHS into the side for Stringer. Has so much more potential and is a more likely player who could add more to the team than Stringer.

As far as Varcoe goes reckon it is worth a swap with Murdoch so we keep pace in the team. I have not been overly impressed with Murdoch in the seniors but he has some good moments. So far Varcoe has done very little. So do not see us losing anything there.

Varcoe may yet get some form in the VFL.

JHunt may yet get a senior gig.

Chappy to come back if not reported.

So I hope to see in the next week or two - GHS, Murdoch, JHunt and Chappy in the team and see how they go.

If THunt plays well in the twos again - he may yet a get a senior game as well.

If Varcoe plays 2 good games in the VFL then he can get a senior game.

Time running out.

I have no idea about the rucks - nearly seems a lost cause.

my word he does, stringer is a gimp. At least King George is half a ball magnet

What's with the overbearing negativity going through this board as of late? I get that they've put in some disappointing performances in the 2nd half of the season and I'm not putting my head in the sand re: potential danger signs but I really feel like some people need to check their privilige. It's one thing to lack confidence or offer up criticism but the dour "We're going to lose" stuff is so bizarrely defeatist and, frankly, comes off very poorly. Nearly every other fan in the league would give anything to have the success we've had this year, let alone in the past decade.

Again, I'm not saying not to offer up criticism or whatever but I feel like I'm reading a bunch of Hawks supporters discussing our club. We're second on the ladder and will get a 2nd chance in the finals no matter what - that's not the end of the world.

I think that's pretty much a random list....as I said 3 weeks running since comeback, 20 poss to half time the week before as quoted!....not bad for a twig!
Speaking of players halted by injury, still hasn't stopped him getting hands on the ball, typical tough Ballarat kid.

Do you watch any of the VFL games live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back