Game Day 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** I hate everything atm been a terrible few weeks and now this ****ing shit

**** it all
It's alright, mate. Just a game of footy and being a Cats supporter you know they'll be back and better next year.

Still made it further than all of our rivals and it's been good experience for the young players.

I know we're all disappointed with this result, but I'm proud of the team for the year they've put together. They finished tenth last year and made it a preliminary final this year. That's a mighty effort. It sucks to lose, but Brisbane got the job done when it counted. Good luck to them next week.

It is but theres no consolation because brisbane are zero chance and watching smug papley with a flag is going to burn. But in isolation its been a decent year but we threw away the best chance we will get for a flag in the next 5 years.

Shit the bed in the second half. Can't win a big final playing one decent quarter. Gutted.

No this is where our list is until we get a better midfield.

Understand that relax and reload for next year 👋👍

I agree with that. Its disappointing because sydney are the worst best team in years and gifting them a flag is criminal. The only upside is it might accelerate some ruthlessness with our list management but thats no consolation for me. Its crazy because in the 2nd qtr our skills were so so good but that went to water in the last qtr.
We got a few lucky ones in that quarter

The debate about whether it would have been better to play sdk will rage for a long time. I suspect if we knew omac would get winged we would have played sdk not stanley. Rhys lacked mobility. That and holmes hamstring cost us a lot.

Hindsight is always 20/20.....on the weight of evidence going in I was comfortable with Stanley over SDK.

Holmes off definitely hurt us, but our inability to use the ball properly, or execute the simple art of kicking goals, hurt us more.

I thought Stanley was not totally shite tonight (except shanked shot near end)

Stanley is finished but to be fair its not his fault he was happy to retire but we didnt list manage our ruck stocks well enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got a few lucky ones in that quarter

We did but no coincidence what our pressure rating was. Once our pressure dropped off we were done. No idea why as it wasnt fitness surely.

I know it’s not much consolation, well actually I don’t because I barrack for a team that hasn’t played finals for almost a decade, but I wish I followed a team with as much heart as your mob.

That game will go down as one of the top 10 finals of all time. Whilst disappointed, you must be super proud of your boys.

**** I hate everything atm been a terrible few weeks and now this ****ing shit

**** it all

I feel you. Life can be tough sometimes. Stay strong.

I know we're all disappointed with this result, but I'm proud of the team for the year they've put together. They finished tenth last year and made it a preliminary final this year. That's a mighty effort. It sucks to lose, but Brisbane got the job done when it counted. Good luck to them next week.
I'm also proud, but next year will be harder again. Need to find a different midfield set up.

Bailey smith bat signal goes here

Autopsy open - vent away but don't cross the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back