Game Day 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We played some mighty insipid footy, and were unable to execute the basic skills of footy for a portion of the game.

You can't do that on the big stage.

I agree with that. Its disappointing because sydney are the worst best team in years and gifting them a flag is criminal. The only upside is it might accelerate some ruthlessness with our list management but thats no consolation for me. Its crazy because in the 2nd qtr our skills were so so good but that went to water in the last qtr.

Things turned as soon as Holmes went off. We just became short a mid which against theirs is terminal unfortunately.

Nah, it changed when McInerney went off.

Disappointing to say the least, we just didn't handle the conditions early and set the tone for an average performance, all credit to the lions they beat us and we will rue as a missed opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah we lost it in the 3rd we had them on a rack but poor work in the midfield threw it away. So disappointing because sydney will beat brisbane by 60 because they will be cooked. At least we know what the GF result will be.
We would've gone in cooked too and lost by similar I reckon. Still pretty disappointing

I know we're all disappointed with this result, but I'm proud of the team for the year they've put together. They finished tenth last year and made it a preliminary final this year. That's a mighty effort. It sucks to lose, but Brisbane got the job done when it counted. Good luck to them next week.

We would've gone in cooked too and lost by similar I reckon. Still pretty disappointing
God that was disappointing. So Many poor players.
Stewart…. Stanley should have gone beserk with the big o off. Instead he hits the post from 5mts out to give us a glimmer of hope…

Well the way the umps got Brisbane back into the game in the 3rd seems pretty clear the AFL wanted an all interstate GF.

Ensures they can’t both shit the bed and we can get rid of this Vic Bias bullshit.

Sad Geelong was the victim of it though.

Yeah, Rhys tried hard, but their race is run.

The debate about whether it would have been better to play sdk will rage for a long time. I suspect if we knew omac would get winged we would have played sdk not stanley. Rhys lacked mobility. That and holmes hamstring cost us a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back