AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

bucko_666

Senior List
Oct 6, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
(If there is already another thread on this, please link me to it)

Received my AFL membership card yesterday and was surprised to see they now show your waitlist number which is the amount of people ahead of you inline to go gold.

Id like to get an idea of the year people joined and there waitlist number. Ill update this post as the numbers roll in.

Me (Joined 09)
2011: 12,775
2012: 11,197
2013: 9,283
2014: 7,753
2015: 5,255
2016: 1,950
2016 June: Full Membership Offered !

My Son (Joined Dec 2012)
2015: 22890
2016: 13639
2020: 8658
2021: 6852

My Daughter (Joined Dec 2014)
2016: 19641

Continued from

Last edited by a moderator:

Is anyone on here a Brisbane Lions Club Support member?

I have been an AFL Member (Essendon supporter) for about 30 years. For the past 20 years I have lived in Canberra. When you live interstate or a certain distance from Melbourne you are entitled to a country membership. If you don't choose a Club of support and just have the Competition Package you get a significant discount - my renewal for 2024 is $410. If you choose a Club of support the cost is $570.

I am moving to Brisbane early in the new year and will be living not far from the Gabba. I was planning on getting some sort of Lions (and probably Suns) membership, but the extra $160 is probably cheaper than any membership and will get me access to the Gabba.

However, I was wondering how that works, is it just GA, do you need to book a seat for each game etc?

I have been an AFL Member (Essendon supporter) for about 30 years. For the past 20 years I have lived in Canberra. When you live interstate or a certain distance from Melbourne you are entitled to a country membership. If you don't choose a Club of support and just have the Competition Package you get a significant discount - my renewal for 2024 is $410. If you choose a Club of support the cost is $570.

I am moving to Brisbane early in the new year and will be living not far from the Gabba. I was planning on getting some sort of Lions (and probably Suns) membership, but the extra $160 is probably cheaper than any membership and will get me access to the Gabba.

However, I was wondering how that works, is it just GA, do you need to book a seat for each game etc?
On what basis are you saying that you could get GABBA access with AFL membership?

On what basis are you saying that you could get GABBA access with AFL membership?
on the basis that a club support membership gets you into all the home games of your club? That was always my understanding.

Obviously for the Melbourne clubs this is already covered by MCG and Marvel.

Doesn't the Geelong Club support get you into games at Kardinia Park?

For collingwood you get a discount if you are an afl member and club member. I assume it’s the same for Brisbane.
why would you be both unless you want a specific reserved seat outside the AFL members? Collingwood obviously already play all their home games at venues with an AFL members reserve?

In case you aren’t AFL gold yet and you want to go to the grand final.

It actually works out to be the same as a legends membership but I get both benefits

I have Sydney club support and we can scan into the unreserved members area at the SCG. It just becomes a part of your 40 games. Or we can upgrade to a reserved seat (like the MCG/Marvel).

I imagine it's the same for the GABBA

on the basis that a club support membership gets you into all the home games of your club? That was always my understanding.

Obviously for the Melbourne clubs this is already covered by MCG and Marvel.

Doesn't the Geelong Club support get you into games at Kardinia Park?

From your link, home club support can scan in as GA and upgrade to reserved at the GABBA. So if you opt into Brisbane club support sounds like you count attend every Brisbane game as GA (not sure how big their GA sections are).

looking to purchase a Silver membership for the first time with Carlton Club support. Does AFL do any sales discounts during Black Friday or closer to the season start?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looking to purchase a Silver membership for the first time with Carlton Club support. Does AFL do any sales discounts during Black Friday or closer to the season start?

No discount but I would get this add on if you can

Guarantees a GF ticket if Carlton make it (Subject to club confirmation). Otherwise you will be waiting 10 years before you can get into the Carlton ballot (priority 3) and maybe 25 years before you get to AFL Gold membership

From your link, home club support can scan in as GA and upgrade to reserved at the GABBA. So if you opt into Brisbane club support sounds like you count attend every Brisbane game as GA (not sure how big their GA sections are).
that is what I am thinking, but I am trying to get a confirmed answer from AFL / Lions membership.

No discount but I would get this add on if you can

https://am.ticketmaster.com/carlton/captains-club-add-on
Guarantees a GF ticket if Carlton make it (Subject to club confirmation). Otherwise you will be waiting 10 years before you can get into the Carlton ballot (priority 3) and maybe 25 years before you get to AFL Gold membership
reading the T & C's, it says you will need to purchase a Carlton Membership in addition to your AFL Club support to purchase the Captains Club add-on. Is that effectively holding two separate memberships ?

on a financial basis, that is steep

reading the T & C's, it says you will need to purchase a Carlton Membership in addition to your AFL Club support to purchase the Captains Club add-on. Is that effectively holding two separate memberships ?

on a financial basis, that is steep

What you have said sounds like 2 separate memberships but each club is different. Usually AFL membership counts as a club membership. For example my wife is Carlton AFL Bronze member but because of 10 +years consecutive membership she could enter the Carlton club ballot for GF tickets

Otherwise you are up for a Carlton 3 game membership and try to get the Captains Club add on.

Aside from that, unless you want to attend non Carlton games I would go with a top tier Carlton membership, assuming you can still get one

What you have said sounds like 2 separate memberships but each club is different. Usually AFL membership counts as a club membership. For example my wife is Carlton AFL Bronze member but because of 10 +years consecutive membership she could enter the Carlton club ballot for GF tickets

Otherwise you are up for a Carlton 3 game membership and try to get the Captains Club add on.

Aside from that, unless you want to attend non Carlton games I would go with a top tier Carlton membership, assuming you can still get one
For Sydney, we cant add the premiership club (guaranteed gf) without holding a club membership. I'd imagine most clubs are the same. It acts separately to afl membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back