AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Heavy beers at night games in the Bunton bar
Can't take them out though.

Boxing Day test, Boxing Day.
Level 2 afl members bar and bunton bar only serving mid strength cans, nothing getting poured from the taps in both bars, first time this has happened in last 8 years I’ve been going.
Great northern cans $11.50, meat pie $6.40..
They’re taking the absolute p155 once again with those forking out for an afl membership.
It's happened pre covid. Just pouring only GN

Sat in AFL reserve at Marvel for a Big Bash game. A bit has changed. It's still ordinary though. Disclaimer: this is gate 5. Seems to always be confusion about where AFL reserve is at Marvel.
L1/3 for AFL Reserve (scan in) is gates 8/9 and outter facing the water. L2 on this side is all Medallian Club.
L2 for AFL reserve (upgrade) is gate 5 and outter facing the city

This is all talking about through gate 5

L2 has 2 new bars. A Peroni bar with Peroni on tap, and a Craft Beer bar with everything as normal. Both are designed badly. The lines can probably only have maximum of 10 people in it, then there's nowhere to go. They have said taps will rotate, likely only through CUB's range though. I suspect seeing more Balter, Pirate Life beers over the season. (The lineup the other night was Balter XPA, Pirate Life Pale, Northern, Carlton, Goat, Asahi)
Opposite those bars facing outside there's quite a few high tables and seating area faciing the city. And on the wing facing the field there's a standing open viewing area.
There's massive glass lifts going from parking all the way up, these aren't open yet though.

There's a L3 viewing deck of the city with 2 bars but that wasn't open.

Down on L1, there's a rebranded Johnnie Walker bar around aisle 45/46. Inside glass, with seating. They stock JW Red, Green, Gold and Blue.

If anyone has anything further plz add. From what I know there's nothing exclusive for AFL Members on L2 or L3. Potentially only a bar on L1.

Don't get ripped off with mid-strength beer at the footy.

Find a nice pub in the area and go before or and after the game. The All Nations Hotel offers free shuttle rides to the games.
Be Quiet Cut It Out GIF

I spent Days 2,3 & 4 at the cricket in the AFL members if you can call it that. Sat on level one. Level 4 was closed.
Day 2 I booked a ticket using my barcode. Sat in my assigned seat. It looked like the last bay was General Admission.
Day 3 - couldn't book a ticket using my barcode online. Kept saying allocation exhausted. Went to ticket window and asked why. The seller said she didn't know why, but I could buy a General Admission for the same price ($30) and still sit in the area. More bays were GA.
Day 4 - Just rocked up and got a GA ticket. Looked like only 2 bays were reserved seats.

Looks like AFL members during cricket season is mainly GA. Oh well, at least I saved the $8 service/booking fee by purchasing at the gate.

Not sure if it was the same on L2 & L3

I spent Days 2,3 & 4 at the cricket in the AFL members if you can call it that. Sat on level one. Level 4 was closed.
Day 2 I booked a ticket using my barcode. Sat in my assigned seat. It looked like the last bay was General Admission.
Day 3 - couldn't book a ticket using my barcode online. Kept saying allocation exhausted. Went to ticket window and asked why. The seller said she didn't know why, but I could buy a General Admission for the same price ($30) and still sit in the area. More bays were GA.
Day 4 - Just rocked up and got a GA ticket. Looked like only 2 bays were reserved seats.

Looks like AFL members during cricket season is mainly GA. Oh well, at least I saved the $8 service/booking fee by purchasing at the gate.

I went on day 1, level 2. You had to show your ticket to get in to that level. Other level 2 tickets that day were about $180 from memory. I was pretty happy with my $30 plus booking fee.

So the whole bay is a GA shitshow.

Sounds just like AFL season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no AFL reserve for the big bash is there? They’re just letting us buy reserved seats for GA prices so they’re probably just limiting that. Also a lot of Level 2 was GA for Mondays game so I assume it’ll be the same Saturday.
It seems that They're allowing AFL members to purchase $60 reserved seats in the Olympic L1 for $23.
Trying to get tickets to the Stars v Sixers on Sat night. Without AFL members, can get L2, put AFL members in, only gives L1. What a joke.
There doesn't seem to be any L2 seats to reserve. Maybe you just missed the last ones being sold?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back