AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. It concerns me more when they sell our seats to the public or club members and we are locked out. Only ANZAC Day was sold out in previous year to the best of my knowledge, but there have been several games this year where there has been no seats available. Case in point was Haw v Coll a few weeks back where you could only get standing room (for a fee) yet at least 1/3 of seats were empty. Not just those in the rain either.
That Pies Blues game in late 2022 was sold out. Think it's been a post covid thing as even the public reserve is selling out more often with far less GA available.

Agreed. It concerns me more when they sell our seats to the public or club members and we are locked out. Only ANZAC Day was sold out in previous year to the best of my knowledge, but there have been several games this year where there has been no seats available. Case in point was Haw v Coll a few weeks back where you could only get standing room (for a fee) yet at least 1/3 of seats were empty. Not just those in the rain either.
Public should never be in the reserve. No situations. You want to sit there? Be a member and not a bludging theatregoer

Public should never be in the reserve. No situations. You want to sit there? Be a member and not a bludging theatregoer
I almost always agree with you on these discussions GG, but locking people out when the AFL members or MCC is half empty is a bad look. I think compromises can be reached, although that's assuming it really was packed in GA. It's the Medallion Club followed by pre-selling our seats to everyone else that annoys me the most. I would like to be able to walk up to a game, especially come finals when my team is not playing and I am happy to sit on level 4. I did walk up for a Dogs and Crows final a few years back. What's the bet a similar final this year will be fully ticketed in the AFL reserve?

I almost always agree with you on these discussions GG, but locking people out when the AFL members or MCC is half empty is a bad look. I think compromises can be reached, although that's assuming it really was packed in GA. It's the Medallion Club followed by pre-selling our seats to everyone else that annoys me the most. I would like to be able to walk up to a game, especially come finals when my team is not playing and I am happy to sit on level 4. I did walk up for a Dogs and Crows final a few years back. What's the bet a similar final this year will be fully ticketed in the AFL reserve?
Saints Giants last year wasn't fully ticketed and I walked up.
Geelong Brisbane Prelim in 2022 wasn't fully ticketed either from memory but only to Gold Members obviously.

What incentive is there when everyone else just gets what you pay good money for.

GA get locked out...they can then see how good AFL reserve is and buy a membership. Otherwise, locked out

What incentive is there when everyone else just gets what you pay good money for.

GA get locked out...they can then see how good AFL reserve is and buy a membership. Otherwise, locked out
You're assuming the AFL wants more AFL members. Given the way they've watered it down over the last few years in favour of corporate and club members, it's not a safe bet.

For those that remember the 90’s did afl membership give you free entry to VIC Park, Moorabbin, Western oval and Princes Park?
As a home team member it definitely did. From memory Princes Park did but can't quite remember if Western Oval was included.

Your membership had 2 cards attached with 1 having the 40 games that got punched each time you used it.

This is harsh.

A lot of people can't afford memberships and have no clue about the affiliation of certain areas.

I grew up in the country and in a modest household and going to the football, those memories are the ones still the most dear to me. I'll think about attending games with my dad until I die.

AFL Membership is for people who love football and want to attend lots of games and have the time and financial freedom to do so – it's not some silver platter entitlement like the MCC.

But we still need certain entitlements kept.

I am also considering developing a mouth piece for AFL Members to keep our wants and requirements clearly catered to. if you're interested, please DM me and I can set something up. I work in the facilities domain and have some good contacts in the stadium realm so hopefully that can get things fizzing a bit. AFL Membership is great fun and it'd be great to keep it that way while still keeping the good of the game in its forefront.

Last edited:
This is harsh.

A lot of people can't afford memberships and have no clue about the affiliation of certain areas.

I grew up in the country and in a modest household and going to the football, those memories are the ones still the most dear to me. I'll think about attending games with my dad until I die.

AFL Membership is for people who love football and want to attend lots of games and have the time and financial freedom to do so – it's not some silver platter entitlement like the MCC.

But we still need certain entitlements kept.

I am also considering developing a mouth piece for AFL Members to keep our wants and requirements clearly catered to. if you're interested, please DM me and I can set something up. I work in the facilities domain and have some good contacts in the stadium realm so hopefully that can get things fizzing a bit. AFL Membership is great fun and it'd be great to keep it that way while still keeping the good of the game in its forefront.
There already is an afl members association. Join it and ask to attend the meetings they have with the afl.
Its been made very clear though that very little is going to change that is in the best interest of the afl members.

I believe the Heroes Stand's top deck was for all AFL Members.

Also is anyone else finding the Around the Grounds to be updated later and later during the week? I'm lucky I'm a youngish man who is single-ish in the look of the law and the census, but most people want to know their weekend plans by mid-week and I've been burnt too many times this season to give a game with mates until the last minute.
They always used to be posted on a Thursday and that has not changed.
The MCG/MCC used to post their GA areas on a Thursday but now do that on a Friday if there are no Thursday games in Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much and that isn't going to change any time soon.

If you want to be cared about then get a premium club membership which I have as well. But the AFL still gives me access to considerably more during the season and in finals and obviously the grand final.
Yeah its just a kick in the guts as a person who loves neutral games.

AFL Gold turning into a shitshow.

was able to email the secretary of the AFL Members association via a PM from a poster. Got a good response from them.

Due to the contents of the Survey we have asked for a meeting with the AFLMA membership Department to discuss our concerns of the contents of certain aspects of some of the Survey Questions

He was happy for me to post the contact details.

We are trying to add as many AFLMA members to our database the more that provided their details the better as this helps influencing our points of view with the AFL

If you want to add your name to their contact list, send details through to below email.

Aflma@aflma.com

• Given Name and Surname
  • Email address
  • Club of support
  • AFL Member Number
  • Mobile optional (use by myself as Secretary / our President only for additional communication on Member raised issues)

Not sure if a Mod can sticky this to the top of the page

was able to email the secretary of the AFL Members association via a PM from a poster. Got a good response from them.

Due to the contents of the Survey we have asked for a meeting with the AFLMA membership Department to discuss our concerns of the contents of certain aspects of some of the Survey Questions

He was happy for me to post the contact details.

We are trying to add as many AFLMA members to our database the more that provided their details the better as this helps influencing our points of view with the AFL

If you want to add your name to their contact list, send details through to below email.

Aflma@aflma.com
  • Given Name and Surname
  • Email address
  • Club of support
  • AFL Member Number
  • Mobile optional (use by myself as Secretary / our President only for additional communication on Member raised issues)

Not sure if a Mod can sticky this to the top of the page
TYVM

For those that remember the 90’s did afl membership give you free entry to VIC Park, Moorabbin, Western oval and Princes Park?

Princes Park had 4-5 bays on both tiers of the legends stand for exclusive use of both AFL and MCC members and in return Carlton Social club members got AFL members reserve access at the MCG for home games.

Princes Park had 4-5 bays on both tiers of the legends stand for exclusive use of both AFL and MCC members and in return Carlton Social club members got AFL members reserve access at the MCG for home games.
Was that the pigs a… stand

I’m interested in how many games you guys have been to this year and whether you’re anywhere close to 40?

I’ve been to 25 and on track for 28, but in fairness 7 of them were in Gather round.

On another matter, I went to the AFL members bar at Marvel last night for the first time. It was, um, sufficient I guess.

I’m interested in how many games you guys have been to this year and whether you’re anywhere close to 40?

I’ve been to 25 and on track for 28, but in fairness 7 of them were in Gather round.

On another matter, I went to the AFL members bar at Marvel last night for the first time. It was, um, sufficient I guess.
32 by the end of today, but 5 haven’t been with my AFL membership and a couple have been half time scan ins at Docklands.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back