AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

After the big fiasco of allowing guest passes to tonights Carlton Collingwood game, which led to actual members missing out because it was apparently sold out, they ended up releasing some more tickets today.

Was able to get 3 tickets in M20. Shambles that those tickets would even be available at such a late stage.

After the big fiasco of allowing guest passes to tonights Carlton Collingwood game, which led to actual members missing out because it was apparently sold out, they ended up releasing some more tickets today.

Was able to get 3 tickets in M20. Shambles that those tickets would even be available at such a late stage.
This happens for every single game. Best time to purchase tickets are in the first hour on sale, or 24 hours before the bounce.

All I got was standing M25 moments before it was sold out weeks ago.

Why guest passes for Coll vs Carl?

Interestingly, in the afl members bar at Marvel, a schooner of carlton is $12.50. At the Johnnie Walker Bar (forward pocket I think), a schooner of draught is $12…
The members bar for a Carlton is 12.50 can, bottle or plastic

The exact same beer at every other bar is 11.50

Last year the AFL members charged the 1 dollar difference if it was in glass or not.

The AFL members bar is shit at Marvel.
4 tap beers and basic CUB shit

when did those go on sale? i have been checking ticketek all day and got nothing
Was just after 3pm.
No idea how many were released.

All I got was standing M25 moments before it was sold out weeks ago.

Why guest passes for Coll vs Carl?
In my opinion knowing it was going to be a big game, AFL shouldn’t have allowed guest passes much the same as on Anzac Day.

Section sold out quickly so many many AFL members missed out.

But as usual with the AFL, its all about the dollar and they would rather rake in $50 for a guest pass vs $11 for a member.

In my opinion knowing it was going to be a big game, AFL shouldn’t have allowed guest passes much the same as on Anzac Day.

But as usual with the AFL, its all about the dollar and they would rather rake in $50 for a guest pass vs $11 for a member.
Spot on, Pure greed from the AFL

I’m interested in how many games you guys have been to this year and whether you’re anywhere close to 40?

I’ve been to 25 and on track for 28, but in fairness 7 of them were in Gather round.

On another matter, I went to the AFL members bar at Marvel last night for the first time. It was, um, sufficient I guess.
Yeah I was there last night too, brought my dad along from SA who loved it. Could use a few more tables but it does the job. Personally, not amazing but would rather have it than not.

My year 8 English teacher is a gold AFL member this year. I see him at saint's games regularly
He like so many of us blew a fuse at the AFL in that survey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guest pass allocations for big games is probably the easiest thing to fix, along with all those ‘away’ club memberships that get access to the afl reserve for non club games.

Guest pass allocations for big games is probably the easiest thing to fix, along with all those ‘away’ club memberships that get access to the afl reserve for non club games.
Exactly. Selling guest passes, you theoretically can have more non members than members in a section that is already limited to whatever it is (not that they will tell us the capacity).

Exactly. Selling guest passes, you theoretically can have more non members than members in a section that is already limited to whatever it is (not that they will tell us the capacity).
And when they do guest passes, its only L1 open and L4.

There are **** all available in L1 undercover, L2 and L3 anyway for members!

Need to piss guest passes off or up the price

any news on upgrades to Gold? I thought this should have happened in July
I emailed the AFL and got this reply...

"Our intake for gold generally happens at the beginning and the end of the season, subject to availability. We are hopeful to offer a gold upgrade to eligible members just before finals, if not, at the start of next year
Given that the waitlist operates on a one-in-one-out system, it makes it hard to predict and allocate upgrades sequentially."

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back