AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Bronze members and guest passes should not have access to tickets in the initial on sale full stop. After members have a chance to purchase tickets during an initial on sale window, then they should open it up to guests/Bronze. If Silver/Full members want to take a guest they can wait til after the initial on sale and risk getting no tickets or crap seats. Members should have first dibs.
Lots will miss out. With medallion club and corporate taking up more than ever, there won't be much left over and it'll be a bloodbath

3a100a5e4953309f3f27d0d9e654d62c.jpg

Looks like a new style queue for this finals series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any ideas when this game will sell out in the AFL members?
Assume the demand will be extreme.

If Geelong beat Port, I reckon there will be walk up available in the prelim as they'll likely play an interstate side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but what time do you need to log into the site to get higher in the queue?
Is it random once it hits 12? or those sitting waiting longer go in first?
Reading the Dogs finals thread it seems those who logged in earlier got through earlier. I jumped on at 10 just to try it and was 14k in line and it took 20 minutes.

Reading the Dogs finals thread it seems those who logged in earlier got through earlier. I jumped on at 10 just to try it and was 14k in line and it took 20 minutes.
Wasn't the whole point of not having a queue was the stop people hogging it before they went on sale

Wasn't the whole point of not having a queue was the stop people hogging it before they went on sale
I don’t think it did stop people hogging it though. People just got frustrated at the constant refreshing with no idea on how long it would take.

It seems like everything else is the same though, all finals are through this portal, all the MCG ticketing options are too, so you can still try and time it to be in earlier.

Ok some advice from the club on sale at 10am.

1. AFL Member barcodes worked OK.

2. Multiple different browsers seemed to work OK, eg Chrome and Firefox on same phone.

3. I entered the virtual queue about 40 min before and was about 10,000 but it counted down fairly quickly and I got in less than 10 min later. Once you're in you get 7 minutes before it times out. I found that if you closed the screen and cleared your cache you could re-enter the queue without having to wait for your 7 min to expire.

4. Entered queue again and was something like 1,000 and got in very quickly but it was way too early again.

5. Entered queue about 8 min before sale time and was 4,000 and the countdown froze, didn't move at all like it did earlier. Was thinking of starting over but didn't, and sure enough once it hit 10am the countdown starting moving. Got in about 5 min later.

6. It didn't give extra time when you got to certain screens like it used to. Seemed be 7 min in total. I tried 2 different lots of seats comfortably, but wouldn't want to mess around too much longer and risk timing out at payment screen.

7. It let you click on exact seating sections on the map! Not sure if this will be the case for AFL Members.

8. Seemed about 10 min before was the best time to join queue.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back