Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I didn't have any issue with people accurately stating Carlton finished higher than Collingwood in 2024.

Why would I? It's factually correct.
It should be a pretty straight forward concept.

Bagger fans dont understand how the ladder works, they still think they finished top4 in 2023.

To cater for the nuffie bagger fan, the thread changed from who will finish higher to who will be better.

Pies were better than Carlton 2024.

What do they want to run with for 2025? Better of finish higher on the ladder?

It should be a pretty straight forward concept.

Bagger fans dont understand how the ladder works, they still think they finished top4 in 2023.

To cater for the nuffie bagger fan, the thread changed from who will finish higher to who will be better.

Pies were better than Carlton 2024.

What do they want to run with for 2025? Better of finish higher on the ladder?
Carlton were better in 2024 - and I have been asking for a consistent metric for 25' that Pies fans will stick to for a while with no reply yet. You happy to go with ladder position and if both teams make finals then use finals finish?

These Carlton posters are really struggling.

Getting confused between the words 'higher' and 'better'...

Then something, something pizza, something.

Oh my.
Higher is better no matter how you want to look at it, keep going with your primary school antics it's very amusing.

Carlton were better in 2024 - and I have been asking for a consistent metric for 25' that Pies fans will stick to for a while with no reply yet. You happy to go with ladder position and if both teams make finals then use finals finish?
Higher is better no matter how you want to look at it, keep going with your primary school antics it's very amusing.
Negative.

If the question was about who was 'higher', there is no doubt or room for interpretation - it was Carlton.

If the question was about who was 'better', there is room for interpretation, and naturally you would start with the ladder and the logical person would arrive at the following conclusion:
1. Carlton higher on the ladder by percentage only. Hmm... we should look a little closer at this.
2. The two teams played each other twice, and both games were won by Collingwood. Hmm, that changes things....
3. Were there any fundamental differences in their draws? What, you're telling me that Carlton had double up games against the two clear worst teams in the competition, whilst Collingwood didn't?

There is only one logical conclusion as to who was better in 2024, and it is definitely not the conclusion in this thread title as updated by a deluded and desperate Carlton supporting moderator.

Negative.

If the question was about who was 'higher', there is no doubt or room for interpretation - it was Carlton.

If the question was about who was 'better', there is room for interpretation, and naturally you would start with the ladder and the logical person would arrive at the following conclusion:
1. Carlton higher on the ladder by percentage only. Hmm... we should look a little closer at this.
2. The two teams played each other twice, and both games were won by Collingwood. Hmm, that changes things....
3. Were there any fundamental differences in their draws? What, you're telling me that Carlton had double up games against the two clear worst teams in the competition, whilst Collingwood didn't?

There is only one logical conclusion as to who was better in 2024, and it is definitely not the conclusion in this thread title as updated by a deluded and desperate Carlton supporting moderator.
Not having this conversation again - why can't you just agree to a consistent and objective metric for 25'.

Are you happy to use ladder position and if both teams make finals finals position for 2025?

I'm happy to go with the conclusion of the logical, rational and non-desperate layperson.
That is funny - anyway have fun deflecting. For any Pies/Blues fan that want to commit to an objective and consistent measure to determine who is better at the end of the season happy to chat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Negative.

Were you really the better team in the 2nd game though? McGovern kicks straight we win after giving you a start in the last quarter. We also beat teams the Pies couldn't and we flogged Geelong which was probably the difference in the end so suck it up.

Were you really the better team in the 2nd game though? McGovern kicks straight we win after giving you a start in the last quarter. We also beat teams the Pies couldn't and we flogged Geelong which was probably the difference in the end so suck it up.
Two crap, disappointing, mid-table sides

Happy to call it a draw and move on 👍

Two crap, disappointing, mid-table sides

Happy to call it a draw and move on 👍
Good call mate, been a bit of fun with you blokes this season and we'll do it again next season after Cripps beats Nick in the Brownlow.

Jack Martin would prefer to be delisted than remain playing for Carlton. Troubling times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back