AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if it's due to the manner in which they were signed up? My son has a separate account that is linked to mine, which I can switch to, but my daughter is listed under my account. Not really sure why they're different (kinda bugs me that they are), I think maybe I was logged into my account for one, but not the other.
Curiously enough, my two are the same as your daughter. Didn’t have a separate email address for them so had them signed up using my existing one.

Personally I’m going to let it play out another twelve months before raising it again because gut feel says it probably is likely as a result of upgrade timing (ie. post upgrades being issued the waitlist number will appear), but good to know the above all the same.

Precisely,

I signed my two boys up in 2023 to junior memberships and was not issued a waitlist number - which I then queried the membership department on and they fobbed me off in response.
When you sign up a junior (under 7) they automatically join the waitlist - I think from memory you won't get a waitlist number immediately, it is at the next renewal date. So in November when renewal notices go out you should have a waitlist number for them then. As they are under 7 and won't need to renew you should be able to login to their account and see the waitlist number there or email the AFL Membership department to ask for the waitlist numbers.

When you sign up a junior (under 7) they automatically join the waitlist - I think from memory you won't get a waitlist number immediately, it is at the next renewal date. So in November when renewal notices go out you should have a waitlist number for them then. As they are under 7 and won't need to renew you should be able to login to their account and see the waitlist number there or email the AFL Membership department to ask for the waitlist numbers.
Thanks for the info - all aligned with what I am operating with as an assumption which is a relief. When I had done the latter (albeit over the phone) about six months after signing them up I was told verbally that there was no waitlist number assigned to them, but hopefully that was just an error on the part of the staff member I spoke with.

Won’t raise panic stations until I’m beyond a full twelve month cycle (or two) as my two were signed up in November last year.

Thanks all for your comments!

Thanks for the info - all aligned with what I am operating with as an assumption which is a relief. When I had done the latter (albeit over the phone) about six months after signing them up I was told verbally that there was no waitlist number assigned to them, but hopefully that was just an error on the part of the staff member I spoke with.

Won’t raise panic stations until I’m beyond a full twelve month cycle (or two) as my two were signed up in November last year.

Thanks all for your comments!
The website specifically states Junior members go on waitlist for Gold

1727225371641.png

I've been back a member for two or three years but I was out of the game for about five (think I had an absentee for one or two of those).

Are you sure that's the case?
They used to let lapsed members "jump the queue" and rejoin back as full members or at the same spot in the waitlist but you had to pay the absentee fee for the years you were lapsed. I think it was capped at 2 years though so if you came back after 5 years they probably wouldn't do it but it doesn't hurt to ask them I guess.

How long was your wait ?

Email notification just came through for you ?

Enjoy !
Can't recall exactly to be honest, but quite a few years (at least 3). Think I've been an AFL member for 16 years now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you log on straight away to get a ticket in the gold members competing club priority window? If so what seat you get?

I’m not going to the Grand Final because I’m broke after Iron Maiden and vet bills. I think it was Priority 3 though.

Random Q but anyone know of someone wanting to offload a Standing Room ticket? Got a seat myself as AFL Gold but my son is a Swans member (both club P3 + AFL Silver - so missed out on both counts) ...

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back