AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I noticed on Saturday (in the first quarter when it was a game) was it was LOUD. Very loud. I listen with an earpiece at the game and very often couldn’t hear the commentary with the volume right up. That’s rare.

It was genuinely louder than last year.

My assumption being, it felt like there were very very few neutrals in there on Saturday.

Combined with the fact it sold out so fast - pretty obvious that heaps and heaps of members scalped their tickets. I would suggest waaaay more than in previous years, when they either don’t bother trying to get tickets, or go themselves as a neutral.

Sign of the times I guess, people are struggling and need the cash.
Exactly... you can't blame them in a way.. if you could put $200 on top of the ticket 🎟 and you had 2 of them $400 extra cash goes a long way in the current times

It's clear that the increase in club membership offering by several thousand over recent years is because they're just squeezing the AFL reserve instead. Presumably corporate access has only decreased marginally or flatlined.

AFL would pay $200 or something insulting
Generally interested in understanding why that would be insulting? Isn’t that about the joining fee and you effectively pay the annual fee for the other benefits you get? I find it mildly amusing that so many in this thread moan constantly about the reducing benefits but are still happy to pay each year. One can only assume you continue to pay because you still see value - which I do. It’s a ridiculously good deal for the price - it’s why the waiting list is so long.

Generally interested in understanding why that would be insulting? Isn’t that about the joining fee and you effectively pay the annual fee for the other benefits you get? I find it mildly amusing that so many in this thread moan constantly about the reducing benefits but are still happy to pay each year. One can only assume you continue to pay because you still see value - which I do. It’s a ridiculously good deal for the price - it’s why the waiting list is so long.
The only reason i pay is the GF ticket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was in P14 and the seat to my left was empty.
In 2008 I got a ticket through the Geelong ballot and my brother got a ticket in the AFL reserve through a mate. He left the reserve to stand with me, so it’s not uncommon for single seats to be unattended so people can hangout with their friends or family.

To be fair that's probably how most members see it but that doesn't mean sh!t is happening in the background that doesn't benefit us.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back