Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The list manager who selected Patrick Cripps after the pies picked up scharanberg and Freeman did pretty good I reckon
You are indeed correct. It was pretty poor pair of selections by Collingwood in the 2013 AFL National Draft. OK. In fact, I went to a Sportmen's lunch at the Bundoora Football club in either late 2015 or early 2016 & happened to have the former Western Bulldogs coach - Brendan McCartney on my table. Anyway during our various conversations he told me that he would never have picked Scharenberg as a top 10 Draft selection due to his ongoing football problems during his under 18's history. He also told me - and the other guys on the table - that he knew that Freeman had a very unusual running style which would undoubtedly make him likely to have soft tissue problems going forward. So again he suggested that he would not use a Top 10 selection on him. I know that hindsight is a wonderful commodity but we did make 2 awful drafting selections in that 2013 National Draft especially given that we drafted those 2 guys before Carlton drafted Cripps. OK. Anyway, I suppose that not even the Carlton list manager & recruiting team could have forecast how good an AFL footballer he would turn out to be. Anyway good luck to him going forward. So goodnight & good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back