AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly question, but I just got my silver membership. If I want to attend a game at Marvel / MCG, do I need to reserve a ticket online in advance, or just show up to the stadium on the day and scan in?

Depends how fussy you are about where you sit. I usually go to 20-25 games per year, but generally only reserve tickets to 5 or so games that are expected to be almost full. The rest I just scan in.

I've been in queue since 8:35 and I'm still not in, wtf is going on?!?

Regarding the swiping in on game day for general admission, that's only allowed for myself right? As in, as an AFL member I can essentially get in for free but my friend would not be allowed to just waltz in with me as my guest?

I jumped on about 8:54, at 8:58 I got in and was able to select my tickets but then had to wait for it to tick over to 9 to process them.
Ticketek basically confirmed that the queue is meaningless

Bought some tickets at Lord's in London for while I'm up there on a holiday later this year. They have a system where their ticket website tells you exactly what number in the queue you are which updates every few seconds. It appeared to be an off-the-shelf system.

If they can implement such a thing (and they sell their own tickets. They don't go through a third-party like the AFL does), then surely ticketek can too. The current ticketek queuing system is clearly just lazy technical implementation when better solutions are in active use around the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course you can :thumbsu:

Unfortunately you'll most likely die of old age before you can become a Gold Member.
I’ve already bought my club membership- just saw that they are waiving joining fee if purchased this long weekend.
Comparing club membership v afl silver membership from purely a spectator value point of view

For Club Members, who get entry to 11 specific games, there'll probably (or should) be a partial refund.

For AFL Members and others (such as 3 game Club Members) whose access isn't to a 'X' number of specific games, there might not be a refund. Though for those who have paid for a reserved seat they should get a refund of that component if they were denied entry to that specific game.

Anyone care to interpret what this means? Is it $49 per match or $49 to access level 2 for all matches?

In 2020 we are excited to once again offer our Gold members the opportunity to access level 2 seating - without the requirement to purchase an upgrade product.

Simply by entering your 2020 AFL Membership barcode through Ticketmaster, you’ll have the ability to upgrade to reserved seating on level 2 for all matches during the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season at Marvel Stadium during our regular monthly on-sales.*

Level 2 Pricing AFL Gold Adult Member $49 AFL Gold Junior Member $20

So there's an opportunity to access level 2 seating with no requirement to purchase an upgrade product - but there is the ability to upgrade to reserved seating on level 2?

That being said, level 1 usually doesn't have any walkup seats available...
Previous years they have set aside the last bay for walk ups, but I am not if that is all games and you have to be early to arrive. I would rather spend $9.50 for a better seat

So there's an opportunity to access level 2 seating with no requirement to purchase an upgrade product - but there is the ability to upgrade to reserved seating on level 2?
Who knows? On one hand it says you can get a level 2 seat without having to pay for an upgrade, on the other it says it will be $49, which is a hell of a lot more than $9.50 for level 1 or $0 for walk up.
I tried it out and Ticketmaster wanted $49.
Unless they are saying you can reserve for $49 or do a walk up to level 2 for nothing, but I doubt that is the case. It looks like Ticketmaster and/ or AFL incompetence.

I have not yet paid my membership fee for this year and am now hesitant to given this whole games behind closed doors and even called off possibility. Does anyone know how long into the season you have to pay before it's cancelled, you have to apply again and are shunted to the back of the line for gold etc?

I have not yet paid my membership fee for this year and am now hesitant to given this whole games behind closed doors and even called off possibility. Does anyone know how long into the season you have to pay before it's cancelled, you have to apply again and are shunted to the back of the line for gold etc?
You have till May 29 to pay up.
In terms of retaining Gold etc it is all in here

Who knows? On one hand it says you can get a level 2 seat without having to pay for an upgrade, on the other it says it will be $49, which is a hell of a lot more than $9.50 for level 1 or $0 for walk up.
I tried it out and Ticketmaster wanted $49.
Unless they are saying you can reserve for $49 or do a walk up to level 2 for nothing, but I doubt that is the case. It looks like Ticketmaster and/ or AFL incompetence.

It was in an email from AFL membership o_O

Anyone care to interpret what this means? Is it $49 per match or $49 to access level 2 for all matches?

I would say $49 a game and no upgrade is referring to them offering a package last year that allowed people to then sit on level 2. So they are effectively saying you can purchase reserved seats on level 2 and don’t require an addition to your membership to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back