AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't get a ticket for the 2013 Grand Final as a Cats Support Silver Member - even hung round the ground on the morning looking, as we had VIP tix in the 3AW marquee pre-game. :(

And EVERY single ticket should be checked on GF day to see that the actual member is attending. I detest scalping.
Onselling isn't scalping though. If you pass on the ticket at the cost price, what difference does it make?

I am in the process of trying to get a few mates onto AFL membership too.

It's hard because they like the guaranteed GF ticket with their club membership.

Oh well, their loss. Gotta get in before the 60k cap

As an AFL member with club support they are still a club member with the right to purchase all the relevant add-ons.

So if they are really concerned about the GF guarantee and not being able to get a ticket on a Silver membership they can sign up for a Silver AFL Membership and add-on the GF guarantee through the club until they become a Full Member (about 10-12 years).

I'm not sure how much it costs (probably different club to club) but they amount shouldn't be more than the difference between Silver ($420) and Full ($575). There's the joining fee as well but that's a one off.

As an AFL member with club support they are still a club member with the right to purchase all the relevant add-ons.

So if they are really concerned about the GF guarantee and not being able to get a ticket on a Silver membership they can sign up for a Silver AFL Membership and add-on the GF guarantee through the club until they become a Full Member (about 10-12 years).

I'm not sure how much it costs (probably different club to club) but they amount shouldn't be more than the difference between Silver ($420) and Full ($575). There's the joining fee as well but that's a one off.
I have an Essendon membership on top of my AFL Membership. The club give me a discount of the amount they get from the AFL Membership (maybe $150). So I still get my Essendon reserved seat and perks, but still an AFL Membership.

Didn't know there was a cap in sight.

When there's a waiting list, prepare for the membership checks to ramp up.

Now that I'm closer to full membership, I'm fully supportive of a cap.

Keep the unwashed out.

And the waitlist to move along a lot slower.

It's why I've signed my two kids up as soon as they were born - I'm predicting by the time they're older the Full memberships will be a lot harder to get. Best way to ensure I can take them to some Grand Finals in the future as well regardless who is playing.

And the waitlist to move along a lot slower.

It's why I've signed my two kids up as soon as they were born - I'm predicting by the time they're older the Full memberships will be a lot harder to get. Best way to ensure I can take them to some Grand Finals in the future as well regardless who is playing.

Expect a lot of movement if/when the era of GWS and GC arrives. Tickets will likely be available to the public in those years.

I have an Essendon membership on top of my AFL Membership. The club give me a discount of the amount they get from the AFL Membership (maybe $150). So I still get my Essendon reserved seat and perks, but still an AFL Membership.

Yep - as an AFL club support member you are automatically a GA member of your club. So you can purchase additional upgrades on the GA membership if you give them a call (reserved seat, GF guarantee etc).

Yep - as an AFL club support member you are automatically a GA member of your club. So you can purchase additional upgrades on the GA membership if you give them a call (reserved seat, GF guarantee etc).
I got a membership through Essendon, since we play at Etihad the reserved seat I can get through Essendon is infinitely better than whatever I'd get in the AFL Reserve. Plus not being an Essendon member would feel inherently wrong.

Onselling to who? By doing that, you have stopped another AFL member who was in line to buy a ticket, from attending.

I’ve done it a couple of times. For a mate who was a Hawthorn member and couldn’t get a ticket.

Wouldn’t sell it to a random as I don’t trust they wouldn’t get caught.

End of the day it wouldn’t be required if the AFL didn’t scalp all the tickets themselves that should go to supporters.

If I can help out a mate then I will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big gall from some people here.

So what, being a full member and not supporting the Hawks or Eagles but attending is somehow better than a silver member giving his membership to a fan of one of the teams?

I agree - my cousin is a Richmond member and if they ever made the Granny, you can bet tickets would be impossible to get. If I could help him out by getting a ticket for him it would be pretty hard to say no although if he cost me my full membership it would make Christmas lunch pretty awkward.

EDIT: Although really die hard supporters should be upgrading to the GF guarantees offered by clubs anyway. I think a lot of people figure the money I save not buying it every year I don't need it can go towards a $2k ticket in the event we do make one.

It’s a 40 game membership. If it were transferable then people would just share them.

They either drop the benefits, increase the price, or make it non-transferrable.

The latter is probably the preferred option. The threat keeps people honest to a degree. You really are a bit of a spud if you get caught anyway.

Are you not following what I said? I'm talking about an AFL member who can't go anymore, giving their ticket to another AFL member who wants to go. What is wrong with that? What I said in addition to that was, that if you book a ticket then can't go, why can't the AFL Membership Dept have a resale program where you can put unwanted tickets back into a pool and they be resold to AFL members that way. They refund the original members costs (less an admin fee even, that's right they could even make money which is what it's all about after all) and there you go, everyone happy.... or not??????? I'm confused why people are so against this.

As an AFL cllub support member you are already a member of Essendon though. If they discounted your reserved seat membership you still only have one membership with Essendon, not two.
Oh yeah I know that. But just not having a membership directly with Essendon, it'd feel wrong.

Are you not following what I said? I'm talking about an AFL member who can't go anymore, giving their ticket to another AFL member who wants to go. What is wrong with that? What I said in addition to that was, that if you book a ticket then can't go, why can't the AFL Membership Dept have a resale program where you can put unwanted tickets back into a pool and they be resold to AFL members that way. They refund the original members costs (less an admin fee even, that's right they could even make money which is what it's all about after all) and there you go, everyone happy.... or not??????? I'm confused why people are so against this.

I guess what you're saying is that the club of support thing is removed in essence? All AFL members can purchase at the same rights and then re allocate among themselves for the cost of an admin fee?

Are you not following what I said? I'm talking about an AFL member who can't go anymore, giving their ticket to another AFL member who wants to go. What is wrong with that?
You should really know, 6 days out from a GF, whether or not you will be able to attend. It is not as if the date creeps up on you and is a shock.

I maintain that every single person entering the AFL members area on GF day should be ID and AFL member number checked, to confirm that they are indeed an AFL member. It will stop scalping in the AFL members area and that should be seen as a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back