AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone know what AFL full members are entitled to for the Spotless PF? Is there an allocation of say 1,000 for us?

I doubt it. Think only Bulldog members will get an allocation. I do not believe AFL members have rights there for a final.
Probably do for home and away games but not for this final.

I noticed that Silver Members can buy a dining package on Grand Final day for $790.
Has this always been the case? I don't remember it being available a couple of years ago when I was a Silver Member looking for GF tickets.

I noticed that Silver Members can buy a dining package on Grand Final day for $790.
Has this always been the case? I don't remember it being available a couple of years ago when I was a Silver Member looking for GF tickets.

Interesting...

Have you got a link? It was advertised as Full Members only in the AFL Members finals brochure.

My understanding is that they are only available to silver members if full members don't use the full allocation.

Interesting...

Have you got a link? It was advertised as Full Members only in the AFL Members finals brochure.
https://membership.afl.com.au/finals-hub-0

mnoZnWq.png

This should be the case for sure. I can't see it in the Ts and Cs though
That asterisk is the beholder.

The full member page doesn't have the asterisk thing, and says they are on sale Sunday at $570.
I think they are deliberately vague with this sort of thing so they can just make up stuff on the run.
Wouldn't surprise me if there are some left for silver members, full members can get a great seat for $190 so I certainly wouldn't be splashing out $570 for a crap meal and a few drinks.

The full member page doesn't have the asterisk thing, and says they are on sale Sunday at $570.
I think they are deliberately vague with this sort of thing so they can just make up stuff on the run.
Wouldn't surprise me if there are some left for silver members, full members can get a great seat for $190 so I certainly wouldn't be splashing out $570 for a crap meal and a few drinks.

Good. I would actually be a little annoyed if Silver members had access to GF tickets this way. Everyone should have their stint in the queue and not be able to pay an extra $600 to get access.

If I'm not mistaken, they don't offer walk-up for prelim finals regardless of crowd size. That was my experience for Geelong v WCE in 2011 which attracted a crowd fewer than 60k.

I've walked up to the Prelim in the past.
Just depends on the sale of tickets in the AFL Members.
I snuck into level N when Hawthorn played Port Adelaide in 2014.
Walk up was in Q, I saw a whole row in N18 empty, so went and sat there for last 3 quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know what AFL full members are entitled to for the Spotless PF? Is there an allocation of say 1,000 for us?

I'm a full member and in the email sent by the AFL to members it said the following:

Full Members can also access tickets to see the GWS GIANTS take on the Western Bulldogs in the first Preliminary Final on Saturday, September 24 at 5.15pm at Spotless Stadium. Tickets can be purchased during the Club Member on sale at 9am EST Monday, September 19 via Ticketmaster channels.

To me this somehow means Full AFL Members have access to tickets.
It does not mention having club support of competing teams.

Good. I would actually be a little annoyed if Silver members had access to GF tickets this way. Everyone should have their stint in the queue and not be able to pay an extra $600 to get access.

So 570 or 770?

I'm a full member and in the email sent by the AFL to members it said the following:

Full Members can also access tickets to see the GWS GIANTS take on the Western Bulldogs in the first Preliminary Final on Saturday, September 24 at 5.15pm at Spotless Stadium. Tickets can be purchased during the Club Member on sale at 9am EST Monday, September 19 via Ticketmaster channels.

To me this somehow means Full AFL Members have access to tickets.
It does not mention having club support of competing teams.

Indeed, I just read the email and you are correct. We can buy tickets. There is a catch though. Unlike the final at MCG where we can scan in and paying nothing extra to attend if not sold out the difference up in Sydney is that we pay full price to attend. Basically have access to seats there but paying what Joe Public is paying to attend.

How good is the food?

I've done it the last couple of years since getting upgraded to a Full AFL member, I've quite enjoyed it. The Food is good, basically unlimited beer/wine/soft drink from midday till half an hour post final siren, half time scones/pies/sausage rolls, plus a Grand Final Footy Record & Souvenir Ticket. Also the best seats in the Southern Stand. Yeah you can get a few dills who basically drink all day & get a bit annoying, but then we've had two very one-sided Grand Finals as well, even I've struggled to keep an interest for the full game! When you compare it to some of those "Grand Final Packages" the AFL keeps pushing at you, its pretty decent value if you want to make an occasion of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back