AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so - it means my wife, kids and sister (all Silver members) will get a bump up the waitlist
It's the greatest time of the year. Hoping that the unwashed get caught and thrown in AFL membership limbo. Shame that it is only a 12 month bump back to silver. They should lose the thing and go back to the back of the line.

It's the greatest time of the year. Hoping that the unwashed get caught and thrown in AFL membership limbo. Shame that it is only a 12 month bump back to silver. They should lose the thing and go back to the back of the line.

Is that the penalty?? 12 months as a Silver then back to Full??? No wonder people risk it, I thought they cancel your membership altogether and you have to resign at the back of the queue. Not so nervous about lending mine out now when I need to.

So you think a Silver member who joined up in July should get preference over someone who waited 10 years on the waiting list?

No I don't - but if you make a cut off date before Round 1 of the season to stop bandwagon jumpers I think it'd work.

Even if they did join in July though, I think it's about $700 including a joining fee, then it's approx $350-380 for a Grand Final ticket. If someone wanted to use that as a short cut, they're an idiot - it'd be cheaper to get to the GF through your clubs membership.

I just don't think it's a risk worth factoring in, because I couldn't see it happening.

Is that the penalty?? 12 months as a Silver then back to Full??? No wonder people risk it, I thought they cancel your membership altogether and you have to resign at the back of the queue. Not so nervous about lending mine out now when I need to.
Pretty sure it's only 12 months off for the first time. Not good enough

Wouldn't mind if the AFL decided to be strict this year and thoroughly check memberships. I know a few full members who combine and buy up tickets in multiples so they can sell them for more. Think they've made a few extra thousand for this grand final. Meanwhile, I can't even get a look in to buy a ticket with my silver after going to every round this year!

Ah well, once I get my full membership, I'll make sure to enjoy every GF from then onwards (without selling any tickets on!).

I am a silver member looking for a single ticket. Will take anything. I have spoken to the AFL membership hotline and they say the tickets are transferable between AFL members, but if I buy another AFL members ticket, I need to let them know and they will assign it to my barcode.

Anyone with a ticket that wants to sell? Please PM me.

Massive doggies fan here in his hour of need. I'm 32, grown man with 3 kids and nearly cried yesterday. Have pity on me!!!!

I am a silver member looking for a single ticket. Will take anything. I have spoken to the AFL membership hotline and they say the tickets are transferable between AFL members, but if I buy another AFL members ticket, I need to let them know and they will assign it to my barcode.
The fact you joined the site 10 minutes ago makes your post above seem very sketchy...

Sort of correct ... you can transfer a ticket from a full to silver member but need to pay the price difference which is $100 plus

I would have thought you could only transfer from a full member to a full member, or a silver member with competing club support to a silver member with competing club support. Otherwise it means you have jumped the queue and another member has been disadvantaged. That's just my thoughts though, not sure on the official stance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much were AFL members tickets.
Someone offered me 'Cost price' for $560 for a ticket yesterday.
I was more than happy to take it but that was higher than I expected.
And in the end he sold it to someone else so I'm still desperately looking

Full members $194
Silver members about $390
Dining package about $560 - may have been this one if it was on level 2 and included lunch/drinks? Otherwise they're talking shit

How much were AFL members tickets.
Someone offered me 'Cost price' for $560 for a ticket yesterday.
I was more than happy to take it but that was higher than I expected.
And in the end he sold it to someone else so I'm still desperately looking
Probably trying to recover some of the yearly membership fee as well.

Had perfect seats in P22 at 2.01pm then when putting payment through it came up with a screen saying "Hmmm, that's weird. Something has gone wrong, please go back and try again." Was able to go back to payment screen and submit again and it then said it couldn't display the confirmation page and to check my Order History.

SO I then wasted several minutes trying to figure out if the tickets had gone through or not (one time putting my barcodes in again it said "Allocation Exhausted" next to each) before trying the barcodes again and finding out that no, I didn't have anything. I then spent several more minutes trying to get new seats before finally getting Row R in the top deck.

I usually have a rule about not complaining about GF seats as there are so many who cannot get in at all but I'm mightily pissed off that I had perfect seats before Ticketek's continued incompetence took them away from me. What will it actually take for the MCG or AFL to get rid of this hopeless company?

Interesting that this issue has finally surfaced in the media - a few people called into Neil Mitchell on 3AW this morning, looks like plenty of people have had, & still are having major issues! Good ol Ticketek :mad: Think Neil had the managing director on, he was assuring people they're working on it. AFL maybe getting involved now as well?

Interesting that this issue has finally surfaced in the media - a few people called into Neil Mitchell on 3AW this morning, looks like plenty of people have had, & still are having major issues! Good ol Ticketek :mad: Think Neil had the managing director on, he was assuring people they're working on it. AFL maybe getting involved now as well?

Got a phone call from Ticketek just now apologising for the error I received and assuring me that if any charge had been put on my credit card it would have been reversed.

Poor guy from the call centre also thought he had to inform me that I definitely didn't have any tickets for the GF (they didn't realise the other person who's going with me ended up getting the tickets in the end, so they don't appear on my account).

Anyone else get one of these?

Say I sign up tomorrow with no intention to use the seat and just want to become a gold member in 8 years or however long it takes, Would it be smart to sign up as concession and then when I get gold membership upgrade to adult.

Or this loophole wouldn't work.
Yes it would work, concession is definitely cheaper but they are pretty strict on checking your concession id.
You actually have to produce your concession id every year, if you don't then they automatically renew you as an adult.

You could sign-up and take out an Absentee membership until the Full Membership comes through.
This is bad advice. You don't progress in the queue while you're an absentee member. When you return, you take up the same number in the queue at the time you left and you still need to pay annual fees to hold your spot.

Say I sign up tomorrow with no intention to use the seat and just want to become a gold member in 8 years or however long it takes, Would it be smart to sign up as concession and then when I get gold membership upgrade to adult.

Or this loophole wouldn't work.
No it wouldn't work. I tried to sign up as a concession but I got an email asking for proof. I was given adult membership until I provided proof....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back