AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Access to finals tickets is the main one.
That does not make me a member. That just makes me decide what exact type of membership I going to pick but already paying for a membership before that comes into deciding what is best value one for me. Access to tickets is not the same as missing out on basic home and away games I would attend automatically as a fan of my club.

I pay mainly for access to finals. I don't want a full refund only a partial if that was to occur (no games to attend) because I don't want the Dees losing my club support amount, if any refund were to impact that I'd suck it up and go without. Interested to see the next survey.

I pay mainly for access to finals. I don't want a full refund only a partial if that was to occur (no games to attend) because I don't want the Dees losing my club support amount, if any refund were to impact that I'd suck it up and go without. Interested to see the next survey.

Ask for the full refund then put that money towards a MFC membership/donation. That's what I'm going to do.

I wasn't game enough to put my payments on hold, don't trust the AFL members department to not **** it up and cost me my current Gold status.

You don't have an AFL membership primarily to support your club.
They get more money from direct memberships
I don't think many would put supporting the AFL down as their reason

Grand final tickets would be a big one though

You don't have an AFL membership primarily to support your club.
They get more money from direct memberships
I don't think many would put supporting the AFL down as their reason

Grand final tickets would be a big one though

That's why I keep mine.

Did the survey this arvo.

if we can’t go to any games, said full credit for next season (although I doubt they’ll do that)

if we can get to a few games, partial credit for next season.

I requested the same.

What are people's thoughts on the options that were just sent out? My wife is pregnant so considering an absentee membership for her for 2021. This year's membership is already paid for and don't really want to get a refund.

What are people's thoughts on the options that were just sent out? My wife is pregnant so considering an absentee membership for her for 2021. This year's membership is already paid for and don't really want to get a refund.

I just wrote this in another thread....

I think I'm going to personally hold out until there's some more information on the "AFL Member Value packs"

Using really 'rounded' numbers here:

AFL Membership for 2020 - $600
30% discount for 2021 season- $180 saving (cost $420)

The difference between the $420 for maintaining full membership and the $185 for being an 'absentee' member is $235.

Depending on an individuals circumstances & their interest in the AFL-- $235 to get a dining package (I know it says buy 1, get 1 free-- but that's still a free one) & a behinds the scenes game day tour of Marvel Stadium could be financially enticing. Another option is the 'Match day lover'-- if they are offering the ability to get priority access to purchase seat upgrades for the 2021 season I'd be all over that.

So I'm tossing up between staying as a full member or going Absentee member-- undecided yet.

I think the AFL Members have really thought about ways to provide alternatives for fans in 2021 or offering the absentee option for everyone without having to lose all of their membership money for this year.

Selfishly I hope some Gold members/ people ahead of me in the Silver line decide to cancel so I can move up quicker-- but that's just a selfish opinion.

Got an email with 3 options-

Maintain your membership
  • 30% discount on 2021 membership
  • Your choice of a "AFL Member Pack (value up to $250)" (this could be anything. My guess is further discounts on fees, maybe some guest passes, dining vouchers etc.
Go absentee for 2020
  • $170 for the season
Cancel for a full refund
  • Full cancelation. Leave the waiting list etc.

I chose to maintain. As a silver concession, I pay $290, so I get $120 back by going absentee. Since I'm moving up to an adult membership in 2021, I'll probably save more than that with the 30% off my renewal.

Knowing the AFL this AFL member pack will probably just be a free record voucher and a generic thankyou email from Gil, but hey. I'm keen to roll the dice.
They probably won't be that great, like behind the scenes tours or dining vouchers, because there's a chance they'll be over 10k members staying on in 2020.

I chose to maintain. Knowing the AFL this AFL member pack will probably just be a free record voucher and a generic email from Gil, but hey. I'm keen to roll the dice.
They probably won't be that great, like behind the scenes tours or dining vouchers, because there's a chance they'll be over 10k members staying on in 2020.

There are four packs on offer, scroll down on the website to see them. Two of them include reserved seat packages, guest passes and AFL Record vouchers and the other two are dining vouchers etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are four packs on offer, scroll down on the website to see them. Two of them include reserved seat packages, guest passes and AFL Record vouchers and the other two are dining vouchers etc.

There are too. They seem pretty reasonable.

There are too. They seem pretty reasonable.

Yep, I thought so too. I reserve seats in advance for all big Geelong games at the G/Marvel so I think I will save some $$ by picking the reserved seat vouchers. Sounds like it's going to work out extra well for you going from concession to adult member in 2021!

I'm choosing to continue payments as normal. The game, the league and my club need money to continue, it's as simple as that.

I'm still working (albeit with a 30% drop in income) so as long as that's the case I'll continue on.

With Collingwood games I normally end up upgrading to reserved seats about 12 times a year so that pack plus the 30 discount next year will end up saving me quite a bit.

By having the carrot of ‘access to 2020 games if crowds are allowed’ it allows them to only offer a 30% discount for next year - even though they know it’s not going to happen.

I went with absentee. I don't get to many games (and I follow a smaller club where seating isn't as big of an issue) so the packs weren't really suited.

Given I've already paid in full I'm going to hang on to it.

The 4 packs are:
THE FOODIE PACK:
Buy one get one free a la carte dining
Complimentary bottle of wine
Marvel Stadium food and beverage voucher

THE BRING A MATE PACK:
Complimentary guest passes
Complimentary reserved seat upgrades at Marvel Stadium or MCG

THE MATCHDAY LOVER:
Complimentary reserved seat upgrades at Marvel Stadium/MCG
AFL Record vouchers

THE EXPERIENCE PACK:
Buy one get one free a la carte dining
Behind the scenes tour of Marvel Stadium.

Last edited:
Got an email with 3 options-

Maintain your membership
  • 30% discount on 2021 membership
  • Your choice of a "AFL Member Pack (value up to $250)" (this could be anything. My guess is further discounts on fees, maybe some guest passes, dining vouchers etc.
Go absentee for 2020
  • $170 for the season
Cancel for a full refund
  • Full cancelation. Leave the waiting list etc.

I chose to maintain. As a silver concession, I pay $290, so I get $120 back by going absentee. Since I'm moving up to an adult membership in 2021, I'll probably save more than that with the 30% off my renewal.

Knowing the AFL this AFL member pack will probably just be a free record voucher and a generic thankyou email from Gil, but hey. I'm keen to roll the dice.
If you go with the Absentee option and you pay monthly (but have paused it) - do they take the $170 out of what I have already paid?? I just dont trust the AFL.. If i hit on that option - will they then deduct another $170?

Thoughts??

If you go with the Absentee option and you pay monthly (but have paused it) - do they take the $170 out of what I have already paid?? I just dont trust the AFL.. If i hit on that option - will they then deduct another $170?

Thoughts??
Good question, I am in the same boat and are a gold Member. Have paid $250 overall (on monthly payment) towards the annual membership. Is my $250 burnt and need to pay another $170 to go absentee?
The other option is to Pause, however it doesn't mention whether I keep gold status (however the absentee option does)?
A bit more clarity in the options would be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back