AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure we are having cards to use but not received anything
I don't think we are getting cards.

If the clubs are doing away with them and going to digital ticketing then the AFL will be. It was on my saints membership letter saying the AFL was moving to a digital model.
To get into AFLW games with an AFL membership you have to do it digitally with the AFLW barcode.

I don't think we are getting cards.

If the clubs are doing away with them and going to digital ticketing then the AFL will be. It was on my saints membership letter saying the AFL was moving to a digital model.
To get into AFLW games with an AFL membership you have to do it digitally with the AFLW barcode.

What about people who don't have phones?

Nope. Nothing as far as club pack goes either. Season is still five weeks away and there’s supply chain issues everywhere so no panic from me yet.

Nope. Nothing as far as club pack goes either. Season is still five weeks away and there’s supply chain issues everywhere so no panic from me yet.

Got my club packs from MFC today (nothing from Geelong for my wife) but nothing from AFL yet. Will we be getting anything in the post or is it all electronic this year?

I suspect you’re right Re the cards. Essendon have had a QR code on the app that club members have been using for quite a while. My daughters memberships are on my app on my phone. I’d assume we will have an AFL membership barcode to upgrade to a reserved seat for matches this season at MCG and Marvel and no plastic card as we’ve known it. The weekly updates with links to upgrade they’ve been sending for AFLW matches is how I expect this season to work, perhaps we will be able to book a week or two out?

Got my club packs from MFC today (nothing from Geelong for my wife) but nothing from AFL yet. Will we be getting anything in the post or is it all electronic this year?
I’m a milestone member at EFC this year, 30 years (even though it’s 32 but apparently they don’t count years as a junior member in the total). EFC have recently done away with the “packs” we’ve come to expect that include a lanyard, scarf or cap, bumper sticker & lapel pin etc. but I believe this year they’ve reinstated them as it’s our 150th year but recently they’ve given out packs for milestone members every 5 years. The past couple of years I haven’t received a pack as such but an envelope with a thanks for committing to Essendon FC etc that had a bumper sticker and a $30 Bomber Shop voucher I don’t care much for the trinkets but I must admit, I’m keen to see what’s in this milestone pack this year.

I’ve just had it confirmed that member cards will be digital this year and reserved seat packages won’t be offered. When I asked about pre booking for matches this year and when pre sales would be, the response was that info will be released in a few weeks. That seems to be cutting it awfully fine given the season is less than 5 weeks away from beginning. I suspect this will be a shambolic beginning to the year given Ticketek and Ticketmaster are prone to crashes and with information coming through at the 11th hour, it seems there’ll be thousands trying to access matches and tickets in a condensed period. What could possibly go wrong? 😂

I’ve just had it confirmed that member cards will be digital this year and reserved seat packages won’t be offered. When I asked about pre booking for matches this year and when pre sales would be, the response was that info will be released in a few weeks. That seems to be cutting it awfully fine given the season is less than 5 weeks away from beginning. I suspect this will be a shambolic beginning to the year given Ticketek and Ticketmaster are prone to crashes and with information coming through at the 11th hour, it seems there’ll be thousands trying to access matches and tickets in a condensed period. What could possibly go wrong? 😂
round 1 should be hoot buying tickets if they release all the mcg games at once on ticketek

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't the AFL learn from last year when everyone hated digital ticketing?

Anything to save money I guess.

Yeah I smell a shambles coming on. They’ve only had six months to sort this out yet will leave everything to the last couple weeks evidently.

Ouch, i expected a 10 year wait when i joined about 5 years ago, but i think i'm like 15,000 at this point

expected a bigger drop off from COVID

I think someone earlier said the AFL sell gold memberships off at a premium. That might explain the extended wait. Don't know how long they may have been doing that.

From afl
You may have noticed that you have not yet received an AFL Membership card for 2022, that's because AFL Membership is going mobile!

This year, you will be able to access your 2022 AFL Membership barcode number online, as well as all general admission ticketing for the AFL Reserve at the MCG and Marvel Stadium, via your smart phone.

For all reserved seating within the AFL Reserve, members will continue to redeem seating via Ticketek or Ticketmaster using your 2022 AFL Membership barcode number.
9d77abf7-5529-4cbd-ba9c-a731112c6d14.png
Over the past two years, all ticketing for AFL matches have been accessed via mobile ticketing.

Going fully mobile means progressing our game alongside the sports and entertainment industry, but also that:
  • members enjoy the convenience of having access to their membership anytime, anywhere
  • there are no lost cards or replacements to worry about
  • we can reduce plastic waste for a more sustainable footy future

From afl
You may have noticed that you have not yet received an AFL Membership card for 2022, that's because AFL Membership is going mobile!

This year, you will be able to access your 2022 AFL Membership barcode number online, as well as all general admission ticketing for the AFL Reserve at the MCG and Marvel Stadium, via your smart phone.

For all reserved seating within the AFL Reserve, members will continue to redeem seating via Ticketek or Ticketmaster using your 2022 AFL Membership barcode number.
9d77abf7-5529-4cbd-ba9c-a731112c6d14.png
Over the past two years, all ticketing for AFL matches have been accessed via mobile ticketing.

Going fully mobile means progressing our game alongside the sports and entertainment industry, but also that:
  • members enjoy the convenience of having access to their membership anytime, anywhere
  • there are no lost cards or replacements to worry about
  • we can reduce plastic waste for a more sustainable footy future

This could end in tears.

The thing I don't like about mobile only is what happens if your phone battery is flat before entry or it happens during the match and you need to leave your seat and go back?

Or the reception is crap creating a bottleneck at the entrance gates (didn't this happen in round 1 last year?)

I take screenshots of my tickets and show the photo but others wont be as tech savvy. Will they be making everyone reserve a seat again like last year? If so you would think they will waive the booking fees again.

Or the reception is crap creating a bottleneck at the entrance gates (didn't this happen in round 1 last year?)

I take screenshots of my tickets and show the photo but others wont be as tech savvy. Will they be making everyone reserve a seat again like last year? If so you would think they will waive the booking fees again.
By the way the email reads GA will still exist. I'm guessing you have a barcode that lasts the season. The NFL does the same thing with thier tickets.

I've started saving my ticket in google pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back