Mega Thread AFL to investigate Essendon for controversial fitness program - PART3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess we are not the club on P.17 :)

All the hysteria had us drawn and quartered before any real facts came out. It was fun while it lasted.

If we do get a clean bill of health then I'd expect front page apologies on all media outlets and a retraction of 90% of the stuff they have opinionated, guessed and/or made up.

Remember when they apologised for all the other exaggerations they got wrong?

How can you go from ESSENDON ARE THE CLUB ON PAGE 17 WHEREAS OTHER CLUBS JUST HAVE A FEW BAD EGGS to such ignominy now?

how's that brain going Brainiac????

so we're "close to extinction" are we?? You must be one embarrassed little man today.
I will accept your apology here. Get to it.

So you can believe the media when it suits?

Hilarious

A few things I take from that.

Referring to the 5 clubs at which Dank previously worked, no doubt.

What are the specific allegations that were made and which club? Is this referring to the systematic doping claim against Essendon that some read p.17 from the report to indicate?

Seems that injecting vitamins as McVeigh was saying is plausible.

Cricket Australia need to worry more about the upcoming ashes series that no one will be watching if they don't settle on a batting/bowling lineup!

She'll be feeling even 'sicker' when the election results are in!

Nope, he didn't work for 5 NRL clubs. Sure 5 have been reported by the media, and regurgitated, and regurgitated, and regurgitated, but at this stage he's only confirmed to have worked/consulted for 2. Manly and Cronulla. Penrith, Wests and St George have all come out with statements that he didn't do work for them. I'd say 4 of the clubs would be the ones that Deloittes have been sent to already by the NRL - Manly, Cronulla, Penrith and Newcastle. Not sure about the 5th.

Is your latest misunderstood vindication based upon the article, "Dons in the gun over practices"?

Are you actually utilising an article headlined "Dons in the gun over practices" as a defence?
no, I don't go by headlines. More:

The prevailing view is that while the Essendon players did not necessarily use banned substances they might have been victim to banned administering methods. Stephen Dank, one high-performance expert now sacked from the club, is reported to have injected his players in the stomach with an unknown substance.
We still have a long way to go and will probably have to face some consequences, but we are apparently not the Page 17 club you told me we were.

When are you going to acknowledge you may have been wrong?

So you can believe the media when it suits?

Hilarious
No. But it's hilarious when a few days ago they KNEW our players were signing "Waivers" absolving the club of responsibility, they KNEW we were injecting them with illegal substances and they KNEW we were forcing them to take stuff against their will.

Compare that to the cowardly, gutless backpedalling without an apology anywhere to be seen. I still don't believe a word from either of these papers. But to see them backpedalling so quickly is hilarious.

oh dear how embarrassing for you

Well if you intend to refute my conclusion I would suggest offering alternatives.

Given the ACC has made it known that peptide use is soaring amongst professional athletes, Dank has been accused of being part of a smuggling ring, that he held an official position at your club, that he was reportedly involved in off-site injections of your players this seems to me a logical conclusion.

Where am I wrong?

Or will you and your brethren just cling to the hope that someone on your board has premium mail and that nothingg untoward has happened at all?

no, I don't go by headlines.

You don't seem to go by 95% of the rest of the content either.

The headline is the preamble that sets the tone for the entire piece.

More:

The prevailing view is that while the Essendon players did not necessarily use banned substances they might have been victim to banned administering methods. Stephen Dank, one high-performance expert now sacked from the club, is reported to have injected his players in the stomach with an unknown substance.
We still have a long way to go and will probably have to face some consequences, but we are apparently not the Page 17 club you told me we were.
When are you going to acknowledge you may have been wrong?

So you are fortuitously picking and choosing again.:rolleyes:

Is this what you have been reduced to? Picking over an article titled "Dons in the gun over practices" to attempt to prove that the "Dons" aren't "in the gun over practices"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Fairfax Media understands that Essendon was not the club singled out for ''team-based doping orchestrated by some club officials and coaching staff'''.

dear on dear oh dear,

I will not be posting in this or the ACC thread again. I have covenanted, external to Bigfooty (not Richmond), not to do so.

Story dead? Err, no.

No DM's please.

Depending on who you are, enjoy and/ or good luck.

You coward:thumbsdown:

Is this what you have been reduced to? Picking over an article titled "Dons in the gun over practices" to attempt to prove that the "Dons" aren't "in the gun over practices"?

Persactly...

Well if you intend to refute my conclusion I would suggest offering alternatives.

Given the ACC has made it known that peptide use is soaring amongst professional athletes, Dank has been accused of being part of a smuggling ring, that he held an official position at your club, that he was reportedly involved in off-site injections of your players this seems to me a logical conclusion.

Where am I wrong?

Or will you and your brethren just cling to the hope that someone on your board has premium mail and that nothingg untoward has happened at all?
I have never said nothing untoward has happened. I believe we have a long way to go and will face sanctions at the very least for various practices within the club, and I believe the Players Union are going to chew us a new one. I believe Dank is a shady individual who I wish had never come within 100 miles of my club.

But did we cheat with peptides like you seemed to think was a foregone conclusion?

people need to be held accountable for their actions. That is a truism in life

Agree mate, but there is a difference between a real need to make someone accountable, and an unecessary tee off.

Look at who you're making accountable, these guys actually don't care and will carry on as per usual. You may blow a foo foo valve soon.

You don't seem to go by 95% of the rest of the content either.

so you're just not going to admit you may have been terribly wrong? You were so emphatic that Essendon were the club.

Oh well.

This must be a real disappointment to you at the very least

No. But it's hilarious when a few days ago they KNEW our players were signing "Waivers" absolving the club of responsibility, they KNEW we were injecting them with illegal substances and they KNEW we were forcing them to take stuff against their will.

Compare that to the cowardly, gutless backpedalling without an apology anywhere to be seen. I still don't believe a word from either of these papers. But to see them backpedalling so quickly is hilarious.

Dn't think they are back pedalling, more things are becoming clearer

Think youse are looking for a scape goat

Dn't think they are back pedalling, more things are becoming clearer

Think youse are looking for a scape goat
No. In the reports earlier this week they were stating it as fact. It's backpedalling. And they're absolute cowards.

Agree mate, but there is a difference between a real need to make someone accountable, and an unecessary tee off.

Look at who you're making accountable, these guys actually don't care and will carry on as per usual. You may blow a foo foo valve soon.
I have been in the fray from day one and I'll see it through to the end :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back