News AFL to overhaul the draft, discuss changes to Academy and FS bid matching

Remove this Banner Ad

interesting to read that tairon ah-mu - who has been in the dees' nga - is ineligible to be selected by the dees as an nga pick

mfc; fisted forever
The AFL will also hand Jeff White 100k under the table to nominate Gold Coast as his sons preferred location. Guaranteed.

The AFL have destroyed the dees' future with their ridiculous making up of the rules as they go.

The AFL will also hand Jeff White 100k under the table to nominate Gold Coast as his sons preferred location. Guaranteed.

The AFL have destroyed the dees' future with their ridiculous making up of the rules as they go.
I too get angry at conspiracies that I've made up that haven't even happened yet that it's unclear even if it will be beneficial to others yet.

it has happened already. twice. Mac Andrew and Ah-mu. I already expected the AFL to come up with something regarding Ah-mu.
Like, for example, him never actually being eligible under the rules?
15.8 Qualified NGA Players
(a) For the purposes of this Rule 15, a Qualified NGA Player means a NGA Player who:
(i) was born in Africa or Asia; or (ii) has a biological parent who was born in Africa or Asia; or (iii) is an Indigenous Person; or
(iv) is a CALD NGA Player

Good post but on J.McGov, he was a late rookie pick

If Freo wanted him, they could've easily had him.

They didn't miss out.
If we had access to him, he gets put into programs and tracked. He probably gets more production at a young age and gets drafted higher. No access means no special treatment.

Being in a NGA’s or F/S program is going to help the kid get drafted. They still need to do the work & be talented but it’s no surprise the QLD & NSW academies are pumping out better kids since they have been throwing a lot of cash at it.

I suspect WC & Freo will ramp up in that area now the access has changed.

Like, for example, him never actually being eligible under the rules?
15.8 Qualified NGA Players
(a) For the purposes of this Rule 15, a Qualified NGA Player means a NGA Player who:
(i) was born in Africa or Asia; or (ii) has a biological parent who was born in Africa or Asia; or (iii) is an Indigenous Person; or
(iv) is a CALD NGA Player
yeah but they'll change the rules to allow for Somoans to qualify as soon as the Dees miss out on Ah-mu. They could fix it now, but they'll wait until the 2025 draft has finished.

Very suss stuff going on at Afl house.

Same thing happened with the Afl waiting until after Ugle-Hagan got drafted, even though they knew 1 year in advance thay he was going to be the top pick. And similar thing happened with Mac Andrew. And same will happen with Ah-mu. Same thing happened with Kako. Afl waits to see which clubs will benefit/be disadvantaged by their ruling and makes the rules accordingly.

Same thing with allowing the Gold Coast to clean up with Walters/Rogers etc. but changing the rules after they take off with the loot.

yeah but they'll change the rules to allow for Somoans to qualify as soon as the Dees miss out on Ah-mu. They could fix it now, but they'll wait until the 2025 draft has finished.

Very suss stuff going on at Afl house.

Same thing happened with the Afl waiting until after Ugle-Hagan got drafted, even though they knew 1 year in advance thay he was going to be the top pick. And similar thing happened with Mac Andrew. And same will happen with Ah-mu. Same thing happened with Kako. Afl waits to see which clubs will benefit/be disadvantaged by their ruling and makes the rules accordingly.

Same thing with allowing the Gold Coast to clean up with Walters/Rogers etc. but changing the rules after they take off with the loot.
If we had access to him, he gets put into programs and tracked. He probably gets more production at a young age and gets drafted higher. No access means no special treatment.

Being in a NGA’s or F/S program is going to help the kid get drafted. They still need to do the work & be talented but it’s no surprise the QLD & NSW academies are pumping out better kids since they have been throwing a lot of cash at it.

I suspect WC & Freo will ramp up in that area now the access has changed.
Kind of similar situation playing out with Hawthorn and Christian Moraes who we have no access to, his father is from AFL heartland that is the country of Brazil, so Hawthorn haven't bothered developing him but we asked if we could list him as NGA and were told 'no'.

Remove this Banner Ad

News AFL to overhaul the draft, discuss changes to Academy and FS bid matching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back