News AFL trade, free agency and draft. "who goes where?" - No freakin' hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was sure it got announced 2 days ago ? Hope I'm wrong.

Can we even get Jarman if he does nominate Hawthorn??

I'm not completely all over the bidding system, I assume that we'll have to go in to some sort of defecit to get him? That might take us out of next year's draft and with Shiel and a few other big uncontracted fish looming, that might not be wise...

Vickery + TOM + JOM = essentially our 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks in this draft.

Excellent work.

This is the way I like to look at it too.

We've lost three 2016 Best 22 players, but picked up three likely 2017 Best 22. We're certainly weakened next year, but with improvement from our pickups in next 12 months, I think we're back on par in 2018.

Lack of draftees in next couple of years might be an issue, but I think we're going to clean up in Free Agency next year with a couple of big names to succeed Hodge/Burgoyne.

Anyone have a list of of unrestricted free agents for next year??

I saw a list on afl.com but it included all those out of contracts

I assume we will only make a play for unrestricted free agents as we really have nothing to give for restricted free agents

Anyone have a list of of unrestricted free agents for next year??

I saw a list on afl.com but it included all those out of contracts

I assume we will only make a play for unrestricted free agents as we really have nothing to give for restricted free agents
RFA relies on price more than FA. FA you just have to get the player to pick you, RFA if you don't want to trade you also have to put a price to high for his current team to force a trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slobbo now whingeing about Carlton doing Hawthorn a favour. He's hurting. And drunk.

Im listening to him now, its so hard.

He has the Justin Reid from the Crows on and he's just going around in circles. He's now said 3 times, 'last one from me Justin". He keeps asking loaded question that Reid wont engage in, then he runs with it anyway a few minutes later!

I think its worth taking a moment to reflect on the idea that we have picked up THREE B22 players in one draft.

Not fringe players with the hope of improving and becoming solid players, but 3 walk up starters.

Geel nailing 4 last year sucks, but with all the hoopla around these 3 over the week its important to remember that its easy to forget how lucky we are to have them.

I think its worth taking a moment to reflect on the idea that we have picked up THREE B22 players in one draft.

Not fringe players with the hope of improving and becoming solid players, but 3 walk up starters.

Geel nailing 4 last year sucks, but with all the hoopla around these 3 over the week its important to remember that its easy to forget how lucky we are to have them.

Two of them were the best players in trade week.

This is has been a huge week and I completely understand why the farm was sold for them

This is the way I like to look at it too.

We've lost three 2016 Best 22 players, but picked up three likely 2017 Best 22. We're certainly weakened next year, but with improvement from our pickups in next 12 months, I think we're back on par in 2018.

Lack of draftees in next couple of years might be an issue, but I think we're going to clean up in Free Agency next year with a couple of big names to succeed Hodge/Burgoyne.
Dont agree. I think we are a real chance in 2017. Look at the team and there is class in every line only probably missing a KPD. But hey we almost came to GF without a FF this year. With two guns added in the middle and TY I think the management clearly drafted to cover our "contested footy deficiency" and we are good to go. Clarko clearly said we are not rebuilding for the future but reloading for the next year. He was really dissapointed with this year and you will see a very angry Clarko next year. Cant wait for the season to start.

I'm not completely all over the bidding system, I assume that we'll have to go in to some sort of defecit to get him? That might take us out of next year's draft and with Shiel and a few other big uncontracted fish looming, that might not be wise...

Correct we could get him but we'd go into deficit.

I asked Emma Quayle on the age live chat today, she said the Crows have shown more interest than us and he is seen around a 3rd, 4th round selection

Because pick 88 holds no points value we would pretty much be handing over our 2018 2nd round pick to make up the deficit so it doesn't look like we are a chance unless he slips to us at 88

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lads the club did it!! what a busy wk 256 pages later, it was a headache and disbelief for most of it!
stage 1 rebuild complete.
stage 2 another mid and key pos next yr, a bit of luck and where ready to contend for another decade
so happy we kept the fwd line..rioli breust gunston poppy..sicily burton coming thru

farewell to mitchy n lewis! hope we can give them a proper send off! GO HAWKS

Slobbo reckons Carlton would have taken O'Meara at 5. Says Jaeger wouldn't answer Essendon's calls today. Like him more and more.
Well done Slobbo. We would have taken O'Meara with pick 5, however, here Hawthorn, have a free 2nd rounder to help you trade him in. Seriously he is an idiot and a half

Our 20-25 fringe players need to have the biggest pre season of their lives and must improve and stand up as we have no draft picks - only way we will stay competitive !
Marchbank and Pickett just got traded for a packet of chips, we just keep an eye out for similar bargains. Graeme Wright would already be working on this, he doesn't just turn up at trade week.

Very happy with the result.
Picked up 2 excellent mid-fielders. Type of players you can build a team around. Already have Burton who is in the same category.
Didn't lose Poppy, Shiels, Schoey, Sicily, WX.
When you look through the list we still have a very good team and I believe we will be contending again next year.
Need to sign up Brand ASAP.
Going to be interesting who we delist, hope TOB stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back