Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

So would I. Is there one?
We will see what the draft brings or next year. Part of the issue we have is we did not stop picking 180cm midfielders. As much as I like Campbell I am looking somewhere else.

Nope, because Campbell can play inside mid. He's be our eventual Merrett replacement.
Not sure Zack is looking to retire any time soon.

We will see what the draft brings or next year. Part of the issue we have is we did not stop picking 180cm midfielders. As much as I like Campbell I am looking somewhere else.
I'd happily take one at 186cm + if there is one. I just reckon Campbell is going to be a gun. His contested work for 180cm is fierce. He attacks the contest like Calders and Duz.

I'd happily take one at 186cm + if there is one. I just reckon Campbell is going to be a gun. His contested work for 180cm is fierce. He attacks the contest like Calders and Duz.
And Hobbs.

If we’re being technical were 4th and 1.5 games (6 points) above 12th and won’t have won in almost 4 weeks when our game vs the eagles starts.

Sounds like a side that could use tweaking/optimising.
I mean, cmon

Technically weve also played one less game than collingwood aswell

If we dont have that player then why are we doing the move? Would be my question.

We have guys like Setterfield who can play wing

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

I mean, cmon

If we dont have that player then why are we doing the move? Would be my question.

Setterfield can't play wing. It seems like everyone apart from you knows this.

Campbell sounds like the perfect foot soldier type to pounce on from a very good side, that he just can’t crack the 22 consistently. Pay nothing for him. I seen plenty of him as a junior when I lived in Sydney. The wraps were huge, there’s a lot of talent with Campbell and the Sydney midfield is one of the best. I’m not against going after him at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campbell sounds like the perfect foot soldier type to pounce on from a very good side, that he just can’t crack the 22 consistently. Pay nothing for him. I seen plenty of him as a junior when I lived in Sydney. The wraps were huge, there’s a lot of talent with Campbell and the Sydney midfield is one of the best. I’m not against going after him at all.
This year we'd have to trade. Next year he's out of contract.

Not watch our most recent game?
I did. He played as a two way mid that joined the contest after the CBA. So, as a midfielder. Not as a winger.

But that sort of nuance is well beyond your comprehension.

I did. He played as a two way mid that joined the contest after the CBA. So, as a midfielder. Not as a winger.

But that sort of nuance is well beyond your comprehension.
Do not bother. I was there and watched it but I apparently I am just peddling.

Do not bother. I was there and watched it but I apparently I am just peddling.
The fact that we essentially played with 5 forwards the entire night should be an indicator that we had an extra at the contest.

Setterfield can play wing. He did it for Carlton so badly that they gave him away for nothing.

That said I don't like him in the middle either. I don't think he's going to make on what he's shown. If he's going to forge a career I'd be trying him as a Tomlinson type third tall defender before we throw him on scrap heap.

Setterfield can play wing. He did it for Carlton so badly that they gave him away for nothing.

That said I don't like him in the middle either. I don't think he's going to make on what he's shown. If he's going to forge a career I'd be trying him as a Tomlinson type third tall defender before we throw him on scrap heap.
He's solid as a mid. The fact he can't stay on the park is the issue.

I don't mind undersized if genuinely elite ball use which we need more of and quick. These are the type scenarios we need to pounce.

I mean, cmon

because we have an abundance of small mids. And a few players who can play HHF and playing Hobbs/Tsatas there is a waste of time.

So swapping HB Caldwell Wing Martin Middle Hobbs, HF Gresham/Davey/Hind/Guelf/Whoever is probably worth 10-20 goals on the season and would have very little impact on contested play.

Also gives us a chance to see what Hobbs/Calders have at these different positions and how they fit best going forward.

The alternative that we’ve just seen is Menzie at HB which isn’t awful but again similar size to Caldwell and also slower and a worse kick

He wouldn’t come free - he was pick 5 a few years ago and is under contract. Has played 60 games, including a Grand Final. And is playing for his home state

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back