Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

would we have the balls to trade a Parish, Shiel or dare I say Hobbs?
No real point of trading Hobbs at this point, like seriously what are you going to get for him a pick in the 30s. Shiel will likely get to traded, outside that having midfielder depth is a good thing, who cares if a couple had to play vfl. For far too long we’ve had zero depth if we get 1 or 2 injuries. Having players fighting for spots in the vfl and having to perform to stay in the side is a good thing

No real point of trading Hobbs at this point, like seriously what are you going to get for him a pick in the 30s. Shiel will likely get to traded, outside that having midfielder depth is a good thing, who cares if a couple had to play vfl. For far too long we’ve had zero depth if we get 1 or 2 injuries. Having players fighting for spots in the vfl and having to perform to stay in the side is a good thing
would be about changing the make up of our midfield depth

Shiel is gone but we'll get bugger all for him
Bryan will be a hot commodity (can't see him wanting to stay)
Hepp has to retire
If WCE offer a future 2nd for the Guelf take it
Kelly, Weid, Tex gone
You might offer Jake a year but he might pull the pin himself
No idea about Hunter, Baldwin, J.Davey, Menzie
Cox might get some interest

I don’t necessarily disagree, but which club is giving you a top 20 pick for Parish?
If Geelong don't get Smith, maybe.

Agree, they’re probably the only ones I could think of (for a top 20-ish)
I could see the Dogs, Adelaide, Collingwood, Richmond and St Kilda chasing him as well.

If we are going to trade Parish why would you trade for a pick when you could try and get an equivalent player at a position of need.

Parish is 26 and a 1x AA mid. So you’d want a player in a similar age bracket and level of productivity even if they hadn’t made AA

Ruck and HB seem the biggest concerns.

Building a trade around Parish + Bryan for Rowan Marshall is intriguing.

You think they’d all trade a pick that high though?

You don’t think the contract would dissuade at all?
Collingwood and Dogs don't have a first so not them. In this specific draft I can see St. Kilda or Adelaide swapping their first for ours with a second round kicker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we trade Parish? He's in the top handful of clearance-winning mids in the competition. We've missed his influence at the bounce terribly since he went out. He's entering his peak years.
We will not trade Parish but he has missed a bit of footy due to soft tissue injuries in the last two years.

Why would we trade Parish? He's in the top handful of clearance-winning mids in the competition. We've missed his influence at the bounce terribly since he went out. He's entering his peak years.

Because he has the highest trade value of all of our small mids and has the best chance of netting a return that brings in more value the the player being sent out.

I don't see any team wanting to trade for Parish due to the length of his contract.

Realistically if there are teams out there vying for Bryan we should be trading him.

If Fremantle can get a first round pick for Schulz...
Schultz kicked over 30 goals as a pressure forward and couple of years in a row. And pies only thought they’d be giving up a late teens pick, plus he was in contract which again increases value. I don’t think Bryan would be a starting ruck at any club, so I don’t see him being traded for a premium. Really we should be telling him to have a big summer in the gym and he’ll be playing next year. Draper isn’t the future you can’t trust him week on week and to be a good side you need your ruckman to be consistent. You can’t afford to him to just go at below 50% de most weeks and give away a heap of clangers that cost you goals/ scoring opportunities. Coupled with his poor tap work. Do we really want to give him a long term deal as a free agent next year? I’d be letting him walk at the end of next year and allowing Bryan to become our guy.

Schultz kicked over 30 goals as a pressure forward and couple of years in a row. And pies only thought they’d be giving up a late teens pick, plus he was in contract which again increases value. I don’t think Bryan would be a starting ruck at any club, so I don’t see him being traded for a premium. Really we should be telling him to have a big summer in the gym and he’ll be playing next year. Draper isn’t the future you can’t trust him week on week and to be a good side you need your ruckman to be consistent. You can’t afford to him to just go at below 50% de most weeks and give away a heap of clangers that cost you goals/ scoring opportunities. Coupled with his poor tap work. Do we really want to give him a long term deal as a free agent next year? I’d be letting him walk at the end of next year and allowing Bryan to become our guy.
Because Bryan looked so good getting beaten up in marking contests by an 18 year old on Sunday?
Bryan is Peter Wright 2.0 in the physicality / strength department.

It is if that's the MO. Perkins' continual selection shows it ain't necessarily so.

If we are going to trade Parish why would you trade for a pick when you could try and get an equivalent player at a position of need.

Parish is 26 and a 1x AA mid. So you’d want a player in a similar age bracket and level of productivity even if they hadn’t made AA

Ruck and HB seem the biggest concerns.

Building a trade around Parish + Bryan for Rowan Marshall is intriguing.
My only concern with this is whether Hobbs can come on to replace Parish.

Because Bryan looked so good getting beaten up in marking contests by an 18 year old on Sunday?
Bryan is Peter Wright 2.0 in the physicality / strength department.
Yes Bryan needs to be told to put on a lot of bulk this summer and needs to toughen, but I still feel he’s got a lot more tools to a consistent ruck. Can actually use the ball around the ground, has better ruck craft and tap work.
Do you think we should give draper a 5+ year deal next year.

If that’s not the case, what should we do, start feeling out other rucks? Maybe offer pinnonet a deal to get him out of Carlton?

Yes Bryan needs to be told to put on a lot of bulk this summer and needs to toughen, but I still feel he’s got a lot more tools to a consistent ruck. Can actually use the ball around the ground, has better ruck craft and tap work.
Do you think we should give draper a 5+ year deal next year.

If that’s not the case, what should we do, start feeling out other rucks? Maybe offer pinnonet a deal to get him out of Carlton?
His tap work is overrated. Yes he gets his hand on the ball a lot but isn't in the Gawn/Nic Nat/Ryder class of tapwork. Not even on the Bellchambers/Jamar level of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back