Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats our biggest need after Kako covers the small forward?
unpopular opinion but a key forward

Caddy seems to project as a pseudo key forward but not a true tower we all want. With the young ones we've tried likely delisted or shifted to defence and likely delisted, this would be high on my shopping list.

Hobbs may be a similar size to parish and Shiel, but at least he doesn’t avoid contact like them. Shiel and parish don’t want to be tackled and play hot potato with the footy, whereas Hobbs will happily take contact and get the hands free. Hobbs also is a willing tackler unlike the other two. Hobbs Caldwell and Durham make up for size with heart and aggression at the ball.

Caldwell Durham are only starting to get real midfield time this season, the nous and craft will get better with time.

I’m nowhere near as worried about the clearance numbers as I am about the consistent turn over goals we concede each game.
im on record saying I want more classy ball users. Be it wing / outside midfielders or flankers with good skills. We simply need better users. Guys who play fwd of the ball is my preference but flankers and wings are essentially the same type of players just different roles

Shows where pretty balanced when 4 different positions are named

Maybe a small theme towards a half back flanker

Maybe depends what Roberts and Lual do in their last 6 weeks

Bo Allen with our 1st and then Kako hopefully
I would dearly love a dynamic sort of player. Sam Lalor is probably gone before our pick but the version from Wish in Archer Day - Wicks looks a similar type of dynamic versions albeit maybe not as powerful

im not sold on Lual, hes coming from a fair way back

unpopular opinion but a key forward

Caddy seems to project as a pseudo key forward but not a true tower we all want. With the young ones we've tried likely delisted or shifted to defence and likely delisted, this would be high on my shopping list.

I agree with this but they dont need to be a world beater.

I just want a big body who leads correctly and impacts the contest.

I agree with this but they dont need to be a world beater.

I just want a big body who leads correctly and impacts the contest.
Yeah, I look at what Sydney have in Hayden McClean, Joel Amartey and Logan McDonald. No world beers but crash packs, compete and when its his turn to go, one will invariably kick 2 - 5 goals. They usually combine for 3 most weeks or that's what it feels like before Ethan calls me out on guessing lol

Yeah, I look at what Sydney have in Hayden McClean, Joel Amartey and Logan McDonald. No world beers but crash packs, compete and when its his turn to go, one will invariably kick 2 - 5 goals. They usually combine for 3 most weeks or that's what it feels like before Ethan calls me out on guessing lol

There's an argument to be made it works because of their ball movement up the field and a disproportionate number of goals from mids compared to the rest of the league, neither are things we can replicate.
Let's see how it goes in a final before we start using it as an example to strive for.

There's an argument to be made it works because of their ball movement up the field and a disproportionate number of goals from mids compared to the rest of the league, neither are things we can replicate.
Let's see how it goes in a final before we start using it as an example to strive for.

Why can’t we? Martin, Jones and Dursma are all goal threats from the wing.

Perkins about a goal a game as HHF and Merrett has been snagging a few this year as has Durham.

Seems to me the poor transition play is more of a back half distribution issue since Martin is playing out of position trying to fill that gap and another good option would free him up to play his best position

Few clubs sniffing around Dan Houston.

Absolute gun would love him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats our biggest need after Kako covers the small forward?
ruck, big time. draper just isn't it for me, lacks the impact that the good, or even average rucks have on the game. at least he has been able to take some pack marks in recent weeks, but he needs an upgrade

ruck, big time. draper just isn't it for me, lacks the impact that the good, or even average rucks have on the game. at least he has been able to take some pack marks in recent weeks, but he needs an upgrade
I wouldnt be taking a ruck with our 1st rounder

I see very little point

Rucks take 6 years to get there now. See TDK, Conway ect. 2 more years on their a FA

*I was more talking regarding the draft

Houston isn't for us IMO, would cost a heap trade-wise and is 27 (28 early next year). Probably a little older than we'd like for a list with a lot of holes to be filled still.

Getting guaranteed access to Kako means we should be able to take our first rounder and get Kako as two quality talents, we could then look at trading a future 2nd or some such in to this draft for a 3rd player inside the first two rounds.

I'd love to snag one of Perryman or Cumming as well (AFL website reports us being linked to Perryman but not Cumming) as I think that adds another quality AFL player to the cohort that's a good fit age-wise for the long term and preserves our draft capital.

Houston isn't for us IMO, would cost a heap trade-wise and is 27 (28 early next year). Probably a little older than we'd like for a list with a lot of holes to be filled still.

Getting guaranteed access to Kako means we should be able to take our first rounder and get Kako as two quality talents, we could then look at trading a future 2nd or some such in to this draft for a 3rd player inside the first two rounds.

I'd love to snag one of Perryman or Cumming as well (AFL website reports us being linked to Perryman but not Cumming) as I think that adds another quality AFL player to the cohort that's a good fit age-wise for the long term and preserves our draft capital.
i agree with this big time. I think he's a quality player (houstan) but i don't think we'd give up the draft capital for him.

Putting Houston aside (given his likely cost and the fact he kicked that goal after the siren), a good trade/draft period for us could be drafting Harry Armstrong, matching a Kako bid and potentially bring in Ainsworth as a FA.

That could potentially solve a lot of our forward issues in one off-season.

Saints sniffing around Shiel again according to Cleary.
I figured as much, funny with they’re fan base making a total mockery of him and joining there team last off season, they were always going to have another look.
I’d say we’ll be more than happy to accommodate a trade but what could we realistically get?
Contracted for another year, if he can finish the year well would a 3rd rounder be pushing it or just have to accept a 4th and the money off the books?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Saints sniffing around Shiel again according to Cleary.
I figured as much, funny with they’re fan base making a total mockery of him and joining there team last off season, they were always going to have another look.
I’d say we’ll be more than happy to accommodate a trade but what could we realistically get?
Contracted for another year, if he can finish the year well would a 3rd rounder be pushing it or just have to accept a 4th and the money off the books?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We don't need the money off the books. We'd pay part of it to get a higher pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back