Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm the most negative poster on this forum and disagree with about 75% of what the club does - but this isn't a terrible result.

Early 20's, injury prone and doesn't have a set position. I've heard this story before.

I used to be overly negative i have moved into the middle to try and change my view

I still have a big dislike for Dodo tho but thats done and dusted

anyway sorry to ask i would like to ask what is your overview of the club do you think we need some adjustments and a few more players to contend? - i think 2026-2027 is when we will - if the cards are played right

or do you think we are miles off it

This is amazing stuff.
Start of season 1 we were told Scott came in late so didn't have a chance to get a good read on list.
Start of season 2 it was Scott has only had one season with them and it's his first preseason with list, he's just read them the riot act re afl standards so expect significant list changes after this season.
We were also assured that the extensions given to guys already under contract and long contracts given to mcgrath/parish/redman were more about salary cap management so we could bring in the A grade talent we clearly lacking.

So where are we now? haven't been able to convince any role players let alone A grade talent to come in, and the only player we are moving out is a 30 year old who has no trade currency so at most we bring in 2 first rounds (largely due to the kindness of the AFL not any smart strategy by us) and two late picks.

Are the club telling us they rate the list and there isn't much work to be done? If so their whole list management strategy should be posted in the Delusional Pearlers thread. If not their timidness is as embarrassing as dodoros chest thumping.

There will be a lot of noise, and I suspect at some point one of the media mouthpieces will be asked to blame the change in list boss and changes in direction to deflect away from Scott. I would not put it past Essendon to blame Dodoro for going rogue a bit, because the current admin has severed ties. But it is important to remember that none of that is true nor does it address the issues which we currently face.

Brad Scott was appointed with a level of control that is unusually high for a coach in this era. As I understand it, he could not act unilaterally in a positive sense (to sign players, trade them in or call out a name on draft day that was not part of a group of agreed names) but that a controlling veto rested with him. I am not critical of this decision by the club, it made perfect sense. There has also been a years long process of diluting the responsibilities Dodoro has with a power vacuum in place of a footy boss. He has not really controlled Essendon's recruiting for years, now, in the way that he did between 2007 and 2017. Dilution has not been a smooth process and has claimed at least 2 footy bosses. Part of the reason Essendon needed someone like Scott is because the head coach needed to be experience enough to act as the manager, as a pseudo footy boss, and not just the coach. It is Scott that would be the common theme in the footy department from the point of his appointment through at least until the end of his 4 year contract. In this way, Essendon could have the same priorities and philosophy for the list build, etc, and not suffer as a result of the political manoeuvring to get rid of Dodoro and change the football department structure.

The problem is that Scott has not had the same views or priorities and has not brought any of the ruthlessness it is assumed he would bring (that is an erroneous assumptions because his biggest problem as a coach is that he is not ruthless, he make the tough calls years after the need to be made). We know that he did not strip the list back nor did he do anything with the best 22. The game plan has been to compensate for the weaknesses of the team which he has not really challenged. We know that almost every valuable part of the list between the ages of 22 and 28 was signed up to long-term contracts by July 2024. We know that it is this core of players that doesn't get the job done. We know that Brad Scott did nothing to stop any of this from taking place, with the prospect of a superdraft looming, and that while we are now making the right noises about correcting some of the imbalance in the team and we don't have the flexibility to do anything about it (because the flexibility is signed up to long term deals).

I don't really see how anyone can conclude that Essendon was not getting very carried away with itself in June and July 2024. It's like the Supplements Saga, rather than looking at what is playing out in real time (i.e. Essendon post 2017 being bad had nothing to do with the supplements saga and everything to do with a mediocre football operation) we'll now hear about the 2020 draft as the problem. The 2020 draft has nothing to do the list management decisions made in the last 18 months. If anything, it further highlights how dumb the list management has been. Why re-commit to those players?

We have a club that has no idea what a good team looks like, and which is incapable of seeing the flaws in its players, appoint a coach as a pseudo footy boss who has never really made a tough call in his life. It's the perfect recipe for our preferred dish of the status-quo.

Last edited:
Melbourne are coming hard for our pick 9 according to reports and they look to be the best offer. Reports say they will offer us a future first and a second (I believe it's an F2) for our pick. Our trade for Stringer and possibly Dylan Shiel to GWS can give us enough points to match a Kako bid. If we trade pick 9, I believe it'll be Melbourne.

Two of their stars want to leave so it seems like they're ready implode. Probably why they want another top 10 selection this year because Oliver and Petracca leaving seems inevitable. St Kilda should significantly improve as they demonstrated in the second half of the season so I prefer Melbourne's future picks.

If I remember correctly, in Oliver's draft Melb swooped him up before we could pick him.
So we got Parish who has been ok, but our team would have looked way better with Oliver in it.

So it's somewhat poetic that Melb now comes around to us to get draft pics to cover Oliver leaving for pittance.

I didn't know about the back stuff.
Yep I would stay away from anyone with lower back issues. They only get worse over time and result in hamstring injuries.
Had hammy problems as a player and my lower back is packed full of arthritis. Now im 55 and laying on the lounge with 2 herniated discs and I can't do anything.

Life is great 👎

My point is I think every point you raised is wrong.

Scott is an inept coach and people person. Why would any quality player want to cross? I'm just surprised more players aren't asking to leave - except that he attracted 3 quality free agents as well as Duursma last year and not one signle current player has indicated they want to leave other than those we are effectively pushing out the door

This list is pretty good. The only holes will be filled by Z Reid, Kako and Saad - the list has holes everywhere and is a LONG way off the top teams (or even many middle teams). Reid can't get on the park and Kako and Saad haven't played a single AFL game. All are completely unproven and purely speculative at this point.

If we lose Sheil, and the likes of Tsatas or Hobbs don't come along, then we will be a quality mid short - Mids are probably the strongest area of the list and Shiel only played a few games at the back end of the season.

Only my opinion of course and not trying to throw shade but I think you consistently severely overrate our list and players and put every failure on the coach.

Brad Scotts first year he largely just observed. Players came accross.
His second year he changed things up.
With a long list of rediculous decisions! Good players aren't interested in coming accross.

My view on the list is with those players aforementioned slotting in, plus growth from the young ones, it should be good enough to be a finals side.
Weve still underperformed though. A big part of that is the gameplan that doesnt compliment the list. Scott has been playing tall sides in the wet, an aggressive forward press with no defensive forward half players to hold it in. Playing key position talls on the wings, that can't help the mids on opposition transition. The list of mistakes goes on.

Our midfield was good with all of Merrett, Parish Durham, Caldwell AND Shiel in there.
When Sheil was out of the side we struggled. So that extra quality mid we need. Which is why I believe one of Tastas or Hobbs need to step up if Sheil goes.

Brad Scotts first year he largely just observed. Players came accross.
His second year he changed things up.
With a long list of rediculous decisions! Good players aren't interested in coming accross.

My view on the list is with those players aforementioned slotting in, plus growth from the young ones, it should be good enough to be a finals side.
Weve still underperformed though. A big part of that is the gameplan that doesnt compliment the list. Scott has been playing tall sides in the wet, an aggressive forward press with no defensive forward half players to hold it in. Playing key position talls on the wings, that can't help the mids on opposition transition. The list of mistakes goes on.

Our midfield was good with all of Merrett, Parish Durham, Caldwell AND Shiel in there.
When Sheil was out of the side we struggled. So that extra quality mid we need. Which is why I believe one of Tastas or Hobbs need to step up if Sheil goes.
Again, i have to disagree.

You're clearly showing your bias against Scott by suggesting when we attract a bunch of quality players one year that it had nothing to do with him, then when we don't attract a bunch of quality players the next year that's all his fault.

Also we demonstrably did not 'struggle' without Shiel in the line-up and do better with him in it - we were top 4 at the halfway point without Shiel playing a single game and we lost 9 of our last 11, the latter few games in which he did play.

And again, you overrate the list suggesting that we 'underperformed', and of course you blame the coach for that. We were top 4 at the halfway point with a list that was never anywhere near a top 4 list. That says to me that the coach was extracting a lot from a pretty limited list (which he has a history of doing at Nth Melb).

I'm not suggesting that Scott is perfect and doesn't deserve criticism, but the idea that we have a great list that's being held back by a dud coach just doesn't add up.

Rosa on Gettable. Difficult for him to have said less.
  • Conor Stone - had some interest and met him last week. Been tracking through the season. Weren’t surprised he chose to stay given list changes.
  • Half back - given we lost Dyson, Kelly and Hind, have lost some depth so will look at it. But opportunities for Roberts and El Hawli.
  • Stringer - no formal indication from Stringer that he would like to join. GWS expressed interest. Caught up with them over the weekend. Will work through it as more info comes to light. Locked into a one year deal. Jake wants security at the age he is at. Aware exploring options. Played good footy. Won’t speculate on the pick given he hasn’t requested but will need to be adequate.
  • Pick 9 - still assessing all of the options. Had offers to move back and into the future. Listen to all opportunities. The pointy end of this draft is strong and would need to be a special offer to consider giving it up. Also explored going forward but think, as time goes on, hard to move up as clubs valuing those high picks. Unlikely at this stage.
  • On moving back - we have time, have flexibility to do it on the night.
  • How many picks on the night? Looking at 3-4. Only have two now. Strategy is to bring in more picks and more talent.
  • Kako - exciting player and someone we’ve had involvement with over a long period of time. Aligned with Essendon as a 12 year old. Dangerous in front of goals. Spend more time with him ahead of the draft and make final decisions. Bit to play out. Certainly a player we like and with special talents.
  • J Nguyen - great kid and wrapped to see his development. Strengths as a lockdown defender. Speed and a great attitude.
  • Shiel - expect Shiel to be at the football club next year. Some interest last year and a little bit spoken about this year. Situation hasn’t changed.
  • Laverde - same situation. Contracted player.
  • Maguiness - expect to stay at Hawthorn. Was tracking when playing VFL. Exploring a lot of players when out of contract or playing at lower levels. Expect him at Hawks next year.
  • Strategy - last year very active but this year looks different - how far along the build - what is the plan? Last year important acquisitions that filled specific list needs. Got a strong core of players with plenty of growth from within. Still exploring all avenues to bring in talent but this year focused on the draft. Plenty of opportunities for youth this year.
  • Tsatas - certainly expect more opportunities for him. Was still developing at VFL level. Made 23 list changes over the last 3 years. Still exploring what is on our list which is becoming clearer.
  • Weid and Setterfield - unfortunately still on hold given flexibility on list spots. Constant contact. Would prefer them not to be in limbo but need to sort through list spots.
  • Prior - is a guy in the basket that we’ve watched closely. Still a bit to play out where list spots will end up. Played some great VFL footy. Some talent. Hopefully he can get some more time at AFL level.
  • Baldwin - Kaine is a player that hasn’t had a clear run with body. Really rate his talent. Will look to give him some opportunities over the summer.
Summarized by a BB member.

This is amazing stuff.
Start of season 1 we were told Scott came in late so didn't have a chance to get a good read on list.
Start of season 2 it was Scott has only had one season with them and it's his first preseason with list, he's just read them the riot act re afl standards so expect significant list changes after this season.
We were also assured that the extensions given to guys already under contract and long contracts given to mcgrath/parish/redman were more about salary cap management so we could bring in the A grade talent we clearly lacking.

So where are we now? haven't been able to convince any role players let alone A grade talent to come in, and the only player we are moving out is a 30 year old who has no trade currency so at most we bring in 2 first rounds (largely due to the kindness of the AFL not any smart strategy by us) and two late picks.

Are the club telling us they rate the list and there isn't much work to be done? If so their whole list management strategy should be posted in the Delusional Pearlers thread. If not their timidness is as embarrassing as dodoros chest thumping.

The part you have left out was it was bringing in talent via free agency, and via the draft. The strategy was clearly not to do it via the trade period.

Again, i have to disagree.

You're clearly showing your bias against Scott by suggesting when we attract a bunch of quality players one year that it had nothing to do with him, then when we don't attract a bunch of quality players the next year that's all his fault.

Also we demonstrably did not 'struggle' without Shiel in the line-up and do better with him in it - we were top 4 at the halfway point without Shiel playing a single game and we lost 9 of our last 11, the latter few games in which he did play.

And again, you overrate the list suggesting that we 'underperformed', and of course you blame the coach for that. We were top 4 at the halfway point with a list that was never anywhere near a top 4 list. That says to me that the coach was extracting a lot from a pretty limited list (which he has a history of doing at Nth Melb).

I'm not suggesting that Scott is perfect and doesn't deserve criticism, but the idea that we have a great list that's being held back by a dud coach just doesn't add up.

We've both got good points and opinions. I'm not sure why you start every response with "I disagree" though. It's a forum.

That’s kinda what I mean by paying the piper, in the sense that Rosa doesn’t have a lot to work with. Piper = Dodoro (and to some extent the previous administrations in 2018 in particular)

We’ve known about Kako for years but we still traded out one of this year’s picks last year, so we’ve got nothing left after the bid is accounted for. We don’t have any other currency to work with except to trade one of next year’s picks into this year…

That leaves us with free agency and the bargain bin, with nought to do during the actual trade period except a bit of spring cleaning undoing the last remnants of the 2018 trade period.

As far as free agency goes, those take a lot more investment than Rosa could have made with the time he’s had available. Doesn’t look like Dodoro started on anything in a free agency sense, or if he did the plans were dropped when he stepped down. Perhaps it didn’t align with Rosa/Vozzo/Scott vision, perhaps the change of list manager frightened them off, perhaps it just didn’t exist in the first place.
just one small point - Under the old rules we would not have had an opportunity to match for Kako before 40, so would not have been planning points for him last year.

Rosa on Gettable. Difficult for him to have said less.
  • Conor Stone - had some interest and met him last week. Been tracking through the season. Weren’t surprised he chose to stay given list changes.
  • Half back - given we lost Dyson, Kelly and Hind, have lost some depth so will look at it. But opportunities for Roberts and El Hawli.
  • Stringer - no formal indication from Stringer that he would like to join. GWS expressed interest. Caught up with them over the weekend. Will work through it as more info comes to light. Locked into a one year deal. Jake wants security at the age he is at. Aware exploring options. Played good footy. Won’t speculate on the pick given he hasn’t requested but will need to be adequate.
  • Pick 9 - still assessing all of the options. Had offers to move back and into the future. Listen to all opportunities. The pointy end of this draft is strong and would need to be a special offer to consider giving it up. Also explored going forward but think, as time goes on, hard to move up as clubs valuing those high picks. Unlikely at this stage.
  • On moving back - we have time, have flexibility to do it on the night.
  • How many picks on the night? Looking at 3-4. Only have two now. Strategy is to bring in more picks and more talent.
  • Kako - exciting player and someone we’ve had involvement with over a long period of time. Aligned with Essendon as a 12 year old. Dangerous in front of goals. Spend more time with him ahead of the draft and make final decisions. Bit to play out. Certainly a player we like and with special talents.
  • J Nguyen - great kid and wrapped to see his development. Strengths as a lockdown defender. Speed and a great attitude.
  • Shiel - expect Shiel to be at the football club next year. Some interest last year and a little bit spoken about this year. Situation hasn’t changed.
  • Laverde - same situation. Contracted player.
  • Maguiness - expect to stay at Hawthorn. Was tracking when playing VFL. Exploring a lot of players when out of contract or playing at lower levels. Expect him at Hawks next year.
  • Strategy - last year very active but this year looks different - how far along the build - what is the plan? Last year important acquisitions that filled specific list needs. Got a strong core of players with plenty of growth from within. Still exploring all avenues to bring in talent but this year focused on the draft. Plenty of opportunities for youth this year.
  • Tsatas - certainly expect more opportunities for him. Was still developing at VFL level. Made 23 list changes over the last 3 years. Still exploring what is on our list which is becoming clearer.
  • Weid and Setterfield - unfortunately still on hold given flexibility on list spots. Constant contact. Would prefer them not to be in limbo but need to sort through list spots.
  • Prior - is a guy in the basket that we’ve watched closely. Still a bit to play out where list spots will end up. Played some great VFL footy. Some talent. Hopefully he can get some more time at AFL level.
  • Baldwin - Kaine is a player that hasn’t had a clear run with body. Really rate his talent. Will look to give him some opportunities over the summer.
Summarized by a BB member.
Well it's good they are aiming to get more picks in the draft and maybe there are moves in play that we haven't heard of yet. If they can get a couple more picks inside 40 I will be less concerned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it's good they are aiming to get more picks in the draft and maybe there are moves in play that we haven't heard of yet. If they can get a couple more picks inside 40 I will be less concerned
Is a surprise though ? I was saying 3 months ago this will be a quiet trade period. Looking at contracts , low number of draft picks and where the young blokes are it what is happening now seemed obvious I thought. I see the situation as pretty simple. A lot of staff have come in. Some key staff came on board without having done any sort of deep dive as far as list goes. They have had to bed in Rosa. They have Rohan O'Brien who is vastly experienced working in recruiting now under RFK so he will have opinions on the list.

There has been a bit of stuff said in the last two years but they simply have to keep working out where a lot of under 21 players are at. I suspect the end of next year we will get an idea if these guys are going to take us forward or we do need a serious rebuild because the one that started in 2020 was a flop.
This is why Rosa is taking over.

I also think Scott had probably got a better idea on the playing list and would realize mistakes where made last year. I know Vozzo does which is why Adrian has been moved right out of the club. They made some mistakes last year but it is what you get when you talk your third choice coach into coming on board just before pre season and you have to find the second choice as CEO after you fumbled the selection of the first bloke. Neither Scott or Vozzo came to the club having taken any particular interest in us. I suspect Scott did not really rate the list at all before he got the job.

Next year has to be about making some final choices on the current list. Hobbs / Hayes / Tsatas getting game time. Bryan and Draper sorting the ruck order. Caddy / Roberts / El Hawi getting games. Working out a spot for Cox / Jones / Perkins and getting to the end of 2025 and saying yes or no. Getting Reid up and running or cutting our losses. Keeping Ridley on the park though a different approach. Same with Duursma.

The reality is the end of next season could end up being bring the bulldozer in because the last build started by the previous group is simply no good. It will be a disaster but despite what the majority of Monday morning list managers think it is unavoidable as all the answers are not there now. It will **** us for a lot longer if we have to start again but it is what it is and why there is a whole new team in place and why the list management department has been 90% changed and will be driving the show with some of Scotts input and not Scott running the whole shebang.

We have picked a new builder The house has been re stumped. Now we start filtering through how much renovation is actually needed and if the joint is full of asbestos or white ants. Maybe the recent renovation start has aspect that can be kept. Maybe it was shoddy and we have to do it again.

I used to be overly negative i have moved into the middle to try and change my view

I still have a big dislike for Dodo tho but thats done and dusted

anyway sorry to ask i would like to ask what is your overview of the club do you think we need some adjustments and a few more players to contend? - i think 2026-2027 is when we will - if the cards are played right

I personally think we're somewhere in between.

I do like the base we're starting to put together, but I still see us as a few years away. Where you've said 26-27 to contend, I'd have that as our target to try and make the finals. Then maybe 28-29/30 to contend.

Durham, Martin, Roberts, Bryan, Duursma & Caddy are the ones that give me a bit of hope.

I still enjoy going and have fun watching - I've just accepted we're an ordinary side that's still clearly a while off. I've noticed the same people/fans that think we're close or that 'next year's our year' are the ones that have been saying that for the last decade.

Is a surprise though ? I was saying 3 months ago this will be a quiet trade period. Looking at contracts , low number of draft picks and where the young blokes are it what is happening now seemed obvious I thought. I see the situation as pretty simple. A lot of staff have come in. Some key staff came on board without having done any sort of deep dive as far as list goes. They have had to bed in Rosa. They have Rohan O'Brien who is vastly experienced working in recruiting now under RFK so he will have opinions on the list.

There has been a bit of stuff said in the last two years but they simply have to keep working out where a lot of under 21 players are at. I suspect the end of next year we will get an idea if these guys are going to take us forward or we do need a serious rebuild because the one that started in 2020 was a flop.

I also think Scott had probably got a better idea on the playing list and would realize mistakes where made last year. I know Vozzo does which is why Adrian has been moved right out of the club. They made some mistakes last year but it is what you get when you talk your third choice coach into coming on board just before pre season and you have to find the second choice as CEO after you fumbled the selection of the first bloke. Neither Scott or Vozzo came to the club having taken any particular interest in us. I suspect Scott did not really rate the list at all before he got the job.

Next year has to be about making some final choices on the current list. Hobbs / Hayes / Tsatas getting game time. Bryan and Draper sorting the ruck order. Caddy / Roberts / El Hawi getting games. Working out a spot for Cox / Jones / Perkins and getting to the end of 2025 and saying yes or no. Getting Reid up and running or cutting our losses. Keeping Ridley on the park though a different approach. Same with Duursma.

The reality is the end of next season could end up being bring the bulldozer in because the last build started by the previous group is simply no good. It will be a disaster but despite what the majority of Monday morning list managers think it is unavoidable as all the answers are not there now. It will **** us for a lot longer if we have to start again but it is what it is and why there is a whole new team in place and why the list management department has been 90% changed and will be driving the show with some of Scotts input and not Scott running the whole shebang.

We have picked a new builder The house has been re stumped. Now we start filtering through how much renovation is actually needed and if the joint is full of asbestos or white ants. Maybe the recent renovation start has aspect that can be kept. Maybe it was shoddy and we have to do it again.
I don't disagree with most of what you have said I just think the bolded should be happening this year (but also including players in the 25-30 bracket).
I know the answer is "dodoro was in charge now Rosa is" but it's disappointing that we get to this spot at the end of year 2.

So far Brad Scott has shown to be an inept coach and people person. Why would any quality player want to cross? I'm just surprised more players aren't asking to leave. I suspect they will end of next year if he hasn't shown there is a magic to his madness.

Having said that, I also believe this list is pretty good. The only holes will be filled by Z Reid, Kako and Saad.

But if we lose Sheil, and the likes of Tsatas or Hobbs don't come along, then we will be a quality mid short.
I think it will be more to do with success/results on field and/or opportunity, not necessarily matter whos at the helm
If you were getting him for free basicly it makes sense but probably not worth any capital really.
We wouldve basically been getting him for free (4th round type worth)

Sucks we missed out

Atleast Rosa seems to have half a brain where he wants more than pick 50 odd for Stringer

not saying you are right or wrong, but if we are bulldozing the list before Scott starts the last year of a 4-year contract, fans will riot.

Barham and current board won't survive that.

I don't disagree with most of what you have said I just think the bolded should be happening this year (but also including players in the 25-30 bracket).
I know the answer is "dodoro was in charge now Rosa is" but it's disappointing that we get to this spot at the end of year 2.
I do not think they could get all the answers this year. They had to look at the whole list. Are you saying they needed to be putting Perkins and Cox up for trade now because all the questions are answered ? Trade Reid because he is just broken ?
Move on Tsatas because we can no longer wait to sort his kicking and body development ? I am just not sure exactly what you are wishing for ?

Yes it is the end of year 2 for Scott but Scott is not the one building the list on his own. He has the say as to what game plan he wants to put forward. His input on what players he wants and where they are rated carry's a lot of weight but he also has some new eyes as far as list management and now just a full year of football under the program he wanted to build. Like it or not year 1 was always going to be a waste. We head hunted a guy who had not done any forward planning as far as list strategy and football department goes. He did not bring in his own team of assistants. He had to build the relationship with McPherson and Vozzo which is now at the point where they know they let a bit of stuff fail in the first season.
Like it or not. We are at what is really the end of year 1. There where too many changes made late at the end of 2022. The key players who came in started with zero base on list and football program. Scott would not have even had a set idea of what game plan he wanted heading into 2023 training.

It is disappointing but it is the net result of past failures and trying to fix failures put in place that oversaw the start of a build in 2020. It is poor management. It is why we have a new CEO. A new list manger. Why Barham was so desperate the turn us in another direction that even his efforts on the coach and CEO where half arsed to start with. You are hardly going to hit the ground running with a magnificent plan when two key pillars have been last minute choices as the first choice people declined.

not saying you are right or wrong, but if we are bulldozing the list before Scott starts the last year of a 4-year contract, fans will riot.

Barham and current board won't survive that.
They wont survive. Fans will blow up big time but it will be what it is. If the 2020 build ends up being seriously flawed what else can they do ? The board can change but it will not change the fact that previous parties ****ed it up.

Code sport headline: “bombers take strong stance as giants circle Stringer”

What Rosa actually said: ““I won’t speculate (on pick 56 being part of the trade) given no official request has been made. But like any other player, the fact that Jake’s a contracted player, it would need to be adequate compensation.”

Seems some way off a “strong stance” to me. The rags really do miss dodo.

I’m normally a bit more optimistic going into a season but not now. That second half of the year was bottom 4 stuff. If Cox, Reid, Perkins, Hobbs and Tsatas don’t lift a fair bit this season we’re in trouble. Don’t think it’s on Scott either. Kako will help but we need more smalls, speedy players who can kick, another forward, rebuild defence etc

Code sport headline: “bombers take strong stance as giants circle Stringer”

What Rosa actually said: ““I won’t speculate (on pick 56 being part of the trade) given no official request has been made. But like any other player, the fact that Jake’s a contracted player, it would need to be adequate compensation.”

Seems some way off a “strong stance” to me. The rags really do miss dodo.
Strong stance. We need 800 points in draft picks :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back