Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

9 could’ve got you both Swans’ firsts and a F1.
Think Rosa’s been spooked by leaks here

How does that help us? Their first would have been dissolved by a bid too and not enough to protect pick 28 from sliding back to like pick 40 anyway. So its pretty much the same but its melbournes future first vs sydneys.

I don’t mind trading our first if they truly believe a bid will come for Kako.
I don’t think kako is in the best 10 players in the draft however that does not prevent a club from bidding.
Two first rounders next year would be okay if they are doing groundwork into Harley Reid.
We would have access to a lot of first round selections in 2025 and future drafts.
I don’t mind 2025 being a development year as long as the develop Hobbs, caddy, tsatsas, perkins, Reid, Hayes, cox, Robert’s, daveys etc.

I don’t think kako is in the best 10 players in the draft however that does not prevent a club from bidding.
Two first rounders next year would be okay if they are doing groundwork into Harley Reid.
We would have access to a lot of first round selections in 2025 and future drafts.
I don’t mind 2025 being a development year as long as the develop Hobbs, caddy, tsatsas, perkins, Reid, Hayes, cox, Robert’s, daveys etc.
Dont see eagles letting Harley go under contract

Meh…this time next year everyone will be talking up the 2025 draft.
Can always buy back into ‘24 draft if someone like Shanahan drifts (GWS, Swans, Tigers have multiple picks). Can upgrade 40 to 35 as part of the stringer deal. If Dees ‘25 pick is top ten we can split it and get picks in ‘26 for H.Reid.
Everyone knows we will get Kako so that bid probably blows out to 15…life’s good 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will have an easier fixture next year. They still have that core of Lever, May, Oliver, Petracca, Viney, Gawn. A lot will depend on their fitness
They lost ANB who was at times their most important player this year. Gawn is another year older. Petracca wants out. Oliver wants out. The odds of them imploding are huge

Cal makes some great points.
Could always trade back in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd much rather Norfs first rounder to Melbourne's.

If Norfs interest is real and we passed on their F1 for Melbourne's pick next year, that is borderline malpractice - regardless of the extra picks.

Melbourne will be a top 8 team next year, Norf will be lucky to get out of the bottom 4.

I don’t mind 2025 being a development year as long as the develop Hobbs, caddy, tsatsas, perkins, Reid, Hayes, cox, Robert’s, daveys

This would be great but I can’t see it happening.

The midfield is a big issue. If we want to truly develop the likes of Hobbs, Tsatas and Perkins then they need genuine time in the AFL midfield. There is no way known Scott will play them ahead of Merrett, Parish, Caldwell or Durham. Or even Shiel, based on what we saw this year.

I’m at an absolute loss as to how those three are ever going to be given a chance to develop. They can’t get midfield game time.

Sigh.

Trading out of a super draft. Can't see this backfiring at all.
Unless it is not a super draft of course. There is a chance that this draft is just even with a lot of B grade blokes. I know I am going against what people are saying but there is just as much chance we lose nothing.
Not what I was expecting or had in mind but it does fix the points issue which could have been problematical if we could not quite get the picks. There was a real chance of going into deficit if we could not round up enough back end picks so our first pick next year gets damaged or having to spent future 3rd and 4th round picks to make up this year.
We still get Kako plus a future 1 plus second and third rounds and some. Who knows what else we can turn the F1 into.
There are plenty of options.

Melbourne have a real incentive to win now, maybe we con them into a 2mp trade.

Bit disappointed we will miss out on some nice top end prospects losing pick 9, it’s mainly a mids draft and maybe think we are fine in that department.
I don’t mind the deal. Rosa got the extra picks to seal kako, and Melbourne could really implode.

Let’s hope Geelong can organise an Oliver trade over the next few days, even though more unlikely.

Cal makes some great points.
Could always trade back in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Exactly. Essendon F1 or Melbourne F1 can be used in a few ways.

If Norfs interest is real and we passed on their F1 for Melbourne's pick next year, that is borderline malpractice - regardless of the extra picks.

Melbourne will be a top 8 team next year, Norf will be lucky to get out of the bottom 4.
North arent offering us all the later picks too so we can bid on Kako.

North didn't offer other picks. We need the 28 and 40 for the Kako bid

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back