AFL Tribunal is Rascist

Remove this Banner Ad

pazza said:
There's been a few, like Long, Syd Jackson and the Krakouer boys, but, I would be drawing a very low bow to think that thier records are disproportionate to any other race in the game.
I remember Syd Jackson getting reported for striking back in the late '60's/early '70's and claiming to the tribunal he hit the player (was it Allan Atkinson from Collingwood?) because he had racially abused him. He got off.
He also said later (after he had retired) that the player had never abused him, and that he had only claimed it at the tribunal in order to escape the charge.
How's that one go, Silverballs?

Silverballs said:
I dont really have to. Just the quality of posts on here shows you where I am coming from. Australia has a desperate problem with racism, and it wont change anytime soon with the AFL setting the example

then just leave this forum if you want to raise an issue without backing it up. i will ask you again, WHERE IS YOUR PROOF THAT THE AFL TRIBUNAL IS RACIST??? if you can't step up - then LEAVE...

Maybe you are part of the problem, like a Pauline Hanson who makes statements and generalisations without any shred of proof. Bugger that, you are the problem!
BTW
i am sure that AFL policy sets off the way Australia thinks.

Silverballs said:
Yes you are quite right. A slip of the finger.

But I tell you what I will put my education record up against yours any day mate.

Best Regards,

Silverballs M.IT, B.Bus, Dip Audio Eng.

p.s. The finger I should have slipped was the bird at you.

HINT:
If you're trying to impress us with your intellect, keep your diploma of audio engineering to yourself. The fact that you can plug a microphone into a sound board does not make you an authority on... well, anything.

G_Money

pazza said:
Yeah come on noballs...show us the evidence!

I'll play moron's advocate.

The new tribunal system is racist.
Proof:
*100 per cent of players required to front the new tribunal have been aboriginal.

*100 per cent of aboriginal players who have fronted have been suspended.

*Of the aboriginal players who have been suspended, 100 per cent have received the harshest penalty ever dished out by the new tribunal - 6 weeks.

Lies, damned lies, etc. etc.

G Money

Unwritten_Law said:
The tribunal isn't consistent enough to discriminate against anyone.
Aint that the truth,can't see the problem here we had a thread on how long Pickett would get.It seemed nearly everyone thought he would get 4-6 weeks.

Silverballs said:
Wangaeen has been suspended more than once.

For that matter McLeod got suspended too for a ridiculous charge.

It just keeps on keeping on.

Chris Grant got done out of a Brownlow by a dubious suspension. Your point?

Silverballs said:
Look at me, look at me... please... anyone ?
What a cry for attention this thread is. Try putting a raw hamburger in your pocket, the dogs will pretend to be your friend and you wont feel the need to start rubbish threads like this.

So very very educated, but everyone thinks you are an idiot.

Silverballs said:
I dont really have to. Just the quality of posts on here shows you where I am coming from. Australia has a desperate problem with racism, and it wont change anytime soon with the AFL setting the example

So now the AFL is responsible for setting a social agenda of racial imbalance. Hmmm... Racial vilifaction laws mean anything to you? The footy field is about the only place in this country where aboriginals are viewed as true equals.

Silverballs said:

But I tell you what I will put my education record up against yours any day mate.

Best Regards,

diploma of audio engineering. wow, give him a pulitzer :rolleyes:

Silverballs said:

Best Regards,

A man as well educated as you purport yourself to be should know, and be able to do better than to make unfounded accusations like "the tribunal is racist".

How about putting your extensive education to use and present a definitive argument supporting your claim? Of course you'd need evidence to back it all up, but I'm sure I don't need to tell that to someone as intelligent as your good self...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, that racist, racist tribunal! Suspending an Aboriginal player for such a harmless act; disgraceful! They clearly decided to accept the testimony of the WHITE victim and WHITE tribunal panel. What sort of example is this for the AFL to be setting? They create a completely transparent tribunal system, with the probable penalty layed out for all to see, and rather than reducing it for some ambiguous reason they decided to stick by their guns and set an example which will hopefully be followed for the rest of the season! Racist pigs!

Or, maybe the 6 week suspension was to do with the fact that it was quite possibly a deliberate act, with the potential to cause irreparable damage to the player involved, and in fact a spraint neck was the absolute best case scenario, in what could have become a black mark on our entire game.

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/footy03/story_page/0,8747,9700418%5E25397,00.html
31 May 2004
Since 2001, there have been 38 charges against Aboriginal footballers. Only eight have been dismissed. The suspension count is 31 games. It is a high count.

In each of the 2001, 2002 and 2003 seasons – this year's sample is too small to interpret – Aboriginal players have had a greater percentage of their cases end with guilty verdicts than the AFL average. In those three seasons, 78 per cent of Aboriginal cases ended in guilty findings. The league average in that time was 68 per cent.

As a long time proud "Racist" stick pointer (I call spades spades), even I think this is a ludicrous statement.

Much of the venom posted on these boards I think has racist undercurrents for sure, but the tribunal. I think not.

Yes I think 6 was too much though.

Count Zero said:
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/footy03/story_page/0,8747,9700418%5E25397,00.html
31 May 2004
Since 2001, there have been 38 charges against Aboriginal footballers. Only eight have been dismissed. The suspension count is 31 games. It is a high count.

In each of the 2001, 2002 and 2003 seasons – this year's sample is too small to interpret – Aboriginal players have had a greater percentage of their cases end with guilty verdicts than the AFL average. In those three seasons, 78 per cent of Aboriginal cases ended in guilty findings. The league average in that time was 68 per cent.

So 30 guilty verdicts, and only 31 games of suspensions? I'm guessing that most would be for wrestling etc then? You can hardly count them.

If I could get the statistics I would build a better case for sure.

Unfortunately I cant find any.

Whether this is deliberate or not I dont know!

Count Zero said:
31 May 2004

What that information doesn't tell you or show is the incidents they were suspended for. The high count could also be interpreted that the reporting officials get it right more often than they get it wrong.

For my part, I wouldn't consider that an abnormally high percentage (78 vs 68). If the difference between the two was 25% or more, I'd say you've got something to work with...

Silverballs said:

Whether this is deliberate or not I dont know!

This is quite a conspiracy theory you have going. Perhaps there are no statistics because the tribunal genuinely doesn't care about a player's race, and people like you are halting the push for a true non-discriminatory society by constantly bringing race into everything.

Hmmm?

(By the way, an "anti-Port" conspiracy theory would have more credence than an "anti-Aborigine" one)

patsmith said:
This is quite a conspiracy theory you have going. Perhaps there are no statistics because the tribunal genuinely doesn't care about a player's race, and people like you are halting the push for a true non-discriminatory society by constantly bringing race into everything.

Hmmm?

(By the way, an "anti-Port" conspiracy theory would have more credence than an "anti-Aborigine" one)

Give me time, I will start one tomorrow!

I think Patrick Smith is bulimic, I don't have proof or stats.

Whether this is deliberate or not I don't know!

It's up to you to prove me wrong.

CSG Ad-Dip in W@nkerolorgy(the study of tools and D;ckheads)

Ramma said:
I remember Syd Jackson getting reported for striking back in the late '60's/early '70's and claiming to the tribunal he hit the player (was it Allan Atkinson from Collingwood?) because he had racially abused him. He got off.
He also said later (after he had retired) that the player had never abused him, and that he had only claimed it at the tribunal in order to escape the charge.
How's that one go, Silverballs?

Lee Adamson I think was the Pies player.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Tribunal is Rascist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back